• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you listening or watching the game? just like i was saying- as soon as Thomas comes out- you actually see flow- its just not total iso basketball or just straight pick and roll with 3 other guys standing around.

Just turned it back on. Had switched to the football game for awhile.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this from the moment our injury reports were reminiscent of a mid-season NFL team.

I mean most of the injuries are legit. I don't think Waiters is intentionally missing games. He is playing for a contract. Maybe with Winslow they kept them out longer than they needed to but I think guys are legit hurt. A lot of these guys are on 1 year deals so I doubt they'll intentionally miss additional games when they know they're playing for another contract in the summer

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie with your regular old 28 pt, 12 assist 5 rebound , 2 steal night

having games like that against Boston- and his performance against the Warriors the other night--- those are the games that are remembered when people vote for the ALL NBA teams at the end of the year. unreal performance by Kyrie again.

LeBron needs to tigthen up those free throws- but LeBron is just amazing- he just bullies his way to the rim- too big and strong...dont know why Crowder wasnt on him.

Love with a great game too...

nice win...made it too interesting having that lead- but alls well that ends well.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job Suns beating the second best team in the East. Holla

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job Suns beating the second best team in the East. Holla
i have read so many articles lately how PJ Tucker is like a coveted trade piece, a great defender, a great team player etc....its kinda interesting.

your boy Booker hasnt been as good as i thought he would be....Bledsoes been pretty good though....Warren is kind of a black hole but he has some talent....still a really young team with some talent.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have read so many articles lately how PJ Tucker is like a coveted trade piece, a great defender, a great team player etc....its kinda interesting.

your boy Booker hasnt been as good as i thought he would be....Bledsoes been pretty good though....Warren is kind of a black hole but he has some talent....still a really young team with some talent.
Tucker is definitely a player I have a love hate relationship with. It has gotten better this season but early on he would always try to make plays that were out of his skill set. Now that he's been with us for 5 years I have grown to love the dude. He gives 100% no matter what and I'm not exaggerating.

Booker is still barely 20 years old with as much potential as anyone. He is the last player on the team I would consider moving. A second year guy averaging almost 20 a game? Let's just let him develop before we criticize him.

Bledsoe is a player I like and someone that can fill the stat sheet, but in the end I don't know if he will ever be regarded as the leader of any team he is on. He doesn't have the vocality or the body language to fire up his team. Booker has those qualities.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue @lebron23james want to see a great stat to illustrate how Kyrie is continuing to get better and expand his game?

all of last season Kyrie hit double digist assists ONCE. Against Sacramento- he did miss all of Oct./Nov./Dec., but still...one time he had double digit assists last year

2 years ago- Kyrie hit dbl. digist assists 5 times.

In the last 7 games Kyrie Irving has hit double digist assists 5 times

Now THAT just shows you how the kid is continuing to improve- and at the age of 24- is taking that next step to becoming more of a playmaker- which isnt easy when LeBron is guiding the offense and averaging nearly 9 assists per game as well.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
celtics go on big run without thomas and there offense seemed to have so much beter flow without him....i dunno....i dunno if that guy- as talented as he is- if he is good for a TEAM.
This particular team needs him. Celtics don't have enough scoring without him. It does seem that the offense flows a bit better when he's off the court, even during his injury this was the case. The rest of the C's tend to stand around and watch when Isaiah has the ball, even when it's not necessarily an iso situation. They all move a lot better without him. But again, they need him. He is way too much of their offense for them to do without.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't congratulate a super team for a win, but both teams fought hard. It was a good game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first half of Lakers/Mavs last night- and the Lakers were up 57-50- at home- against a terrible Mavs team and - they actually looked pretty damn good at times in the first half...I have been especially impressed with Julius Randle....on one post up deron williams got switched onto him- and Randle just was so much quicker than a guard, went right around him like he wasnt even there and finished.

Randle is a hard guy to find a comp for- he is a natural power forward- he is so quick and athletic and more explosive then i thought he would be. That is a hard position in the NBA thats pretty loaded- and before he can become an important player hees gonna have to play some defense- which he does here and there--- but the tools are there for him to be a top 10 PF in the NBA someday- and thats saying a lot considering that position.

I wake up though- and they end up losing by double digits?- its def a mark of a young team- thats for sure- but wow- score 32 points in the 2nd half on your home floor vs. the Dallas Mavs? yikes.

I do have to say- Thomas Robinson looks like a guy you might have to play a little more- he has a high lotto pedigree- and just looking at his numbers the last few games it sure looks like he might just be a late bloomer. Id give that guy some minutes- especially iwth Nance's injury.

DeAngelo Russell has some pretty poor shot selection. He is down to 39.1% from the field which is pretty atrocious. Thats definitely something he is gonna have to seriously fix.

Nick Young keeps bombing 3's....dude is on fire right now- up to 42.8% from 3

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't congratulate a super team for a win, but both teams fought hard. It was a good game.
Kyrie was unreal....32 pts, 12 assists , 5 boards, 3 steals on 12/17 shooting (71%). Kevin Love was shooting great from 3 and pretty dominant on the boards....LEBron turned the ball over 8 times and made some dumb plays- but of course he is LeBron

when all 3 of those guys get double doubes the Cavs arent going to lose the game very often.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first half of Lakers/Mavs last night- and the Lakers were up 57-50- at home- against a terrible Mavs team and - they actually looked pretty damn good at times in the first half...I have been especially impressed with Julius Randle....on one post up deron williams got switched onto him- and Randle just was so much quicker than a guard, went right around him like he wasnt even there and finished.

Randle is a hard guy to find a comp for- he is a natural power forward- he is so quick and athletic and more explosive then i thought he would be. That is a hard position in the NBA thats pretty loaded- and before he can become an important player hees gonna have to play some defense- which he does here and there--- but the tools are there for him to be a top 10 PF in the NBA someday- and thats saying a lot considering that position.

I wake up though- and they end up losing by double digits?- its def a mark of a young team- thats for sure- but wow- score 32 points in the 2nd half on your home floor vs. the Dallas Mavs? yikes.

I do have to say- Thomas Robinson looks like a guy you might have to play a little more- he has a high lotto pedigree- and just looking at his numbers the last few games it sure looks like he might just be a late bloomer. Id give that guy some minutes- especially iwth Nance's injury.

DeAngelo Russell has some pretty poor shot selection. He is down to 39.1% from the field which is pretty atrocious. Thats definitely something he is gonna have to seriously fix.

Nick Young keeps bombing 3's....dude is on fire right now- up to 42.8% from 3

Yeah I was kinda surprised I woke up this morning to see they were defeated.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was kinda surprised I woke up this morning to see they were defeated.
the floor really fell out on Dallas...holy crap....they only have commitments to Wes Mathews and Barnes though - a little less so to Dwight Powell....but other than that their books are pretty open....

pretty much no young talent on this team though....not much anyway. They are not in very good shape unless they really hit a home run or two in free agency which is a really really freaking big IF...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most don't care about video games but its kinda sick how real NBA2K is. Check this out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one? If you're talking about when LeBron got tripped up near the end, I think the call was actually a kick ball, not a foul.
it wouldnt be a Cavs win if @bksballer89 didnt complain about calls that she thinks were going the Cavs way...its pretty much tradition at this point- ESPECIALLY in bigger games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one? If you're talking about when LeBron got tripped up near the end, I think the call was actually a kick ball, not a foul.

Na it was a foul. I think. Boston wasn't in the penalty though

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wouldnt be a Cavs win if @bksballer89 didnt complain about calls that she thinks were going the Cavs way...its pretty much tradition at this point- ESPECIALLY in bigger games

I mentioned one call. shut the fuck up. Never once said it was the reason Cleveland won. I just said I didn't think it was a foul. Get over yourself.

And for the record the 2 calls I mentioned from the warriors game, the league agreed with me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.