• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue it was a foul.

0:31

i
Al Horford personal foul (LeBron James draws the foul)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@purguy12

2. The Bulls: who we thought they were?
Welp. I guess this is the danger in writing about Chicago's surprisingly potent offense after five games, or announcing in the first week of November that Dwight Howard has transformed the Hawks.

After a hot start, Chicago looks exactly like the punchless, clogged-up outfit most of us expected when they cornered the market on bad 3-point shooters. The Bulls are down to 17th in points per possession, and over the last month, they're tied in the basement with the Lakers, per NBA.com. They're dead stinking last, by a mile, in both 3-point attempts and shooting accuracy from deep. Their point guard situation is a disaster.

Every possession is a grind. More of their attempts have come in the last seven seconds of the shot clock over the last month, per NBA.com. Nikola Mirotic only just eked over the Antoine Walker Line (30 percent) from deep. Getting Doug McDermott back helps, but Chicago has had trouble springing him for open looks. They are subsisting on free throws, offensive rebounds, and Jimmy Butler's relentless brilliance.

You can score enough to win without 3-point shooting. The Bulls have proven that, and they have the toughness and collective smarts to hang around .500. But it's hard to win much more than that when you're starting games at a deficit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned one call. shut the fuck up. Never once said it was the reason Cleveland won. I just said I didn't think it was a foul. Get over yourself.

And for the record the 2 calls I mentioned from the warriors game, the league agreed with me lol
hahahaha

you whined like a little bitch about more than just those 2 calls.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha

I think you're blind if you think that game was a well ref game. There were bad calls on both teams. Obviously not the reason the Cavs won as I stated on Sunday but refs didn't do a good job. I also mentioned were the cavs were on the short stick of bad calls like the obvious charge on Draymond in the 3rd that was called a blocking foul. I don't blame refs for teams winning or losing but I'm not going to act like they're perfect like you do and make it seem every call they make throughout a game is always correct.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha

Pointing that the refs missed a call is not whining. It is called having your own opinion which is my right.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're blind if you think that game was a well ref game. There were bad calls on both teams. Obviously not the reason the Cavs won as I stated on Sunday but refs didn't do a good job. I also mentioned were the cavs were on the short stick of bad calls like the obvious charge on Draymond in the 3rd that was called a blocking foul. I don't blame refs for teams winning or losing but I'm not going to act like they're perfect like you do and make it seem every call they make throughout a game is always correct.
yah okay all well and good- just a good way for you to distract from the fact that when you said the only 2 calls you complained about were the last two- was simply not true.

i never said it was a well reffed game or a poorly reffed game for the record- when did i act like the refs were perfect- its just all BS to distract from the fact that what you said was not correct.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah okay all well and good- just a good way for you to distract from the fact that when you said the only 2 calls you complained about were the last two- was simply not true.

i never said it was a well reffed game or a poorly reffed game for the record- when did i act like the refs were perfect- its just all BS to distract from the fact that what you said was not correct.

You throw everyone under the bus if they dare mention the refs missed a call unless its a Cavs fan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You throw everyone under the bus if they dare mention the refs missed a call unless its a Cavs fan.
i barely ever- if ever- complain about the refs....shit happens- calls go both ways...i dont like whining and complaining about bs that the team has absolutely zero control of- and the fact that in the end- it all balances out anyway.

if you are gonna sit there and complain about missed calls in an NBA game- you are gonna be REALLY busy, and miss half the game....

NEWS FLASH! refs miss calls in the NBA...who knew? lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i barely ever- if ever- complain about the refs....shit happens- calls go both ways...i dont like whining and complaining about bs that the team has absolutely zero control of- and the fact that in the end- it all balances out anyway.

if you are gonna sit there and complain about missed calls in an NBA game- you are gonna be REALLY busy, and miss half the game....

NEWS FLASH! refs miss calls in the NBA...who knew? lol

That's fine if you don't point out missed calls. Good for you. Refs do miss calls in the NBA. That is expected but it doesn't mean fans can't point out a shitty missed call. You can't tell me what to post. End of discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@purguy12

2. The Bulls: who we thought they were?
Welp. I guess this is the danger in writing about Chicago's surprisingly potent offense after five games, or announcing in the first week of November that Dwight Howard has transformed the Hawks.

After a hot start, Chicago looks exactly like the punchless, clogged-up outfit most of us expected when they cornered the market on bad 3-point shooters. The Bulls are down to 17th in points per possession, and over the last month, they're tied in the basement with the Lakers, per NBA.com. They're dead stinking last, by a mile, in both 3-point attempts and shooting accuracy from deep. Their point guard situation is a disaster.

Every possession is a grind. More of their attempts have come in the last seven seconds of the shot clock over the last month, per NBA.com. Nikola Mirotic only just eked over the Antoine Walker Line (30 percent) from deep. Getting Doug McDermott back helps, but Chicago has had trouble springing him for open looks. They are subsisting on free throws, offensive rebounds, and Jimmy Butler's relentless brilliance.

You can score enough to win without 3-point shooting. The Bulls have proven that, and they have the toughness and collective smarts to hang around .500. But it's hard to win much more than that when you're starting games at a deficit.
its really hard to build a team that has no 3 pt shooting in todays nba....it puts you behind the 8 ball big time and basically means you have to be amazing defensively and in the paint--- very few teams can pull that off- Memphis is one- but even Gasol is getting 3 pt range of late.

its just a old/boring/inefficient way of playing the game ---

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine if you don't point out missed calls. Good for you. Refs do miss calls in the NBA. That is expected but it doesn't mean fans can't point out a shitty missed call. You can't tell me what to post. End of discussion
you can post whatever you want- im just telling you it comes off as little more than bitter grapes and whining when you bitch about the refs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can post whatever you want- im just telling you it comes off as little more than bitter grapes and whining when you bitch about the refs.

Not really because its never biased. Heck even on the Heat board I would say we got away with a call if the refs called some nonsense on our opponent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really because its never biased. Heck even on the Heat board I would say we got away with a call if the refs called some nonsense on our opponent.
whatever you say....keep on fighting the good fight :thumb: ill be ready next time the Cavs play a big/close game! ;)

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemba or Wall?

id prob still go Wall- but its awful close....a lot closer than i would have ever thought....

Wall is the better player on both sides of the ball, but it is closer than it probably should be. Kemba is still my guy, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.