• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is not every player is going to stay with their teams. Money is not the only thing players care about. Its not like they're making pennies if they go elsewhere. Players consider family situations, winning, and etc.

You're making it seem like every top player from this point on will re-sign with their team.
i wouldnt say EVERY- but i would say substantially less than the already very small amount that have done so in the recent past.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not going to be on till well after the New Year. Just wanted to wish all a Happy New Year.

Appreciate all the spirited debates I've had on here over the past year. Looking forward to many more with non-Warrior and Warrior fans alike. I think I've actually had more arguments with @LAD than anyone else, LOL.

Anyways, everyone have a safe and happy New Year.

:suds:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great read about why Hassan shot blocking numbers are down. Nice quotes in this article considering someone on this forum accused him of thinking about individual stats instead of playing defense. The quotes in this article pretty much shuts that down.

The Heat’s 7-foot-center led the NBA with 3.7 blocks while playing 29.1 minutes per game last season. But Whiteside’s blocks are down this year and that’s a good thing in coach Erik Spoelstra’s eyes.

“Last year and two years before this, he was putting up crazy shot blocking numbers,” Spoelstra said of Whiteside last month.

“There are two factors, No. 1 teams know that he’s back there now, No. 2 he’s becoming a much more disciplined and savvy team defender. Sometimes and often times that means not chasing down a block, but defending the pick-and-roll before it gets to that situation.”

“I try to do it within a team defense,” Whiteside said after Thursday’s shootaround session when asked why his block numbers are down. “If I feel like I’ve got a chance of getting it, I’m going to go get it. But if I don’t. I can pretty much determine where the ball is at and how close it is to me and if I can block it or not.”

Whatever the reason is behind the trend, Whiteside has still been an effective defender this season. Players are shooting 46.8 percent when defended by Whiteside, which is the sixth-best number among 24 centers averaging at least 25 minutes per game.

The Heat are limiting opponents to 55.7 percent shooting from within five feet of the basket this season (third-best in the NBA).

Why are Hassan Whiteside’s shot-blocking numbers down this season? | Heat Zone

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tonights game in Charlotte, I'm now convinced this Heat team is tanking

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good. Tank tomorrow too.

But why specifically do you think that?

Close game in Charlotte tonight and Spo decided to go with Winslow in the final minutes of the 4th. Winslow was 0-9 and scored 1 point. Wayne Ellington was sitting on the bench with 12 points and four made 3's. Doesn't make any sense at all if you're actually trying to win the game. No way in hell Winslow deserved to end that game considering how winnable it was.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great read about why Hassan shot blocking numbers are down. Nice quotes in this article considering someone on this forum accused him of thinking about individual stats instead of playing defense. The quotes in this article pretty much shuts that down.

The Heat’s 7-foot-center led the NBA with 3.7 blocks while playing 29.1 minutes per game last season. But Whiteside’s blocks are down this year and that’s a good thing in coach Erik Spoelstra’s eyes.

“Last year and two years before this, he was putting up crazy shot blocking numbers,” Spoelstra said of Whiteside last month.

“There are two factors, No. 1 teams know that he’s back there now, No. 2 he’s becoming a much more disciplined and savvy team defender. Sometimes and often times that means not chasing down a block, but defending the pick-and-roll before it gets to that situation.”

“I try to do it within a team defense,” Whiteside said after Thursday’s shootaround session when asked why his block numbers are down. “If I feel like I’ve got a chance of getting it, I’m going to go get it. But if I don’t. I can pretty much determine where the ball is at and how close it is to me and if I can block it or not.”

Whatever the reason is behind the trend, Whiteside has still been an effective defender this season. Players are shooting 46.8 percent when defended by Whiteside, which is the sixth-best number among 24 centers averaging at least 25 minutes per game.

The Heat are limiting opponents to 55.7 percent shooting from within five feet of the basket this season (third-best in the NBA).

Why are Hassan Whiteside’s shot-blocking numbers down this season? | Heat Zone

Oh yeah? Well, I'd still take Tristan Kardashian eleventy gajillion times out of eleventy gajillion times. - someone on this forum who accused him of thinking about individual stats instead of playing defense

:dhd:

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close game in Charlotte tonight and Spo decided to go with Winslow in the final minutes of the 4th. Winslow was 0-9 and scored 1 point. Wayne Ellington was sitting on the bench with 12 points and four made 3's. Doesn't make any sense at all if you're actually trying to win the game. No way in hell Winslow deserved to end that game considering how winnable it was.
Aaaaah. Not exactly irrefutable evidence of a tank, but I don't watch the Heat very often. I'll be watching tomorrow though, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaah. Not exactly irrefutable evidence of a tank, but I don't watch the Heat very often. I'll be watching tomorrow though, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

If its a close game in the 4th just pay attention to who is in the game. He will always leave a veteran on the bench and opt for a younger player who is playing like shit. Not the first time he did this. Last week vs Orlando, he went with Richardson over James Johnson who played much better.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justice Winslow is entering Rubio territory with his shot. holy shit man.

you guys see LeBron just waive off Marcus Smart like who the fuck are you? LOL.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justice Winslow is entering Rubio territory with his shot. holy shit man.

you guys see LeBron just waive off Marcus Smart like who the fuck are you? LOL.
Yep. Just seen Love sprained his labia again too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no flow to this Boston offense...its basically Thomas i nthe pick and roll and thats it....hardly anything for Al Horford....little ball movement.

they definitely have a very tough and physical defense though-- however no shot blocking....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the C's figured out how to run their offense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
celtics go on big run without thomas and there offense seemed to have so much beter flow without him....i dunno....i dunno if that guy- as talented as he is- if he is good for a TEAM.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the C's figured out how to run their offense.
are you listening or watching the game? just like i was saying- as soon as Thomas comes out- you actually see flow- its just not total iso basketball or just straight pick and roll with 3 other guys standing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.