• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_0148.jpg

Discuss this picture of stephanie curry cowering in fear on the bench late in the 4th...

I think he was just more pissed about not being on the court as he expressed after the game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who can get it?

A player qualifies for the DPE, which can be used to give a player a contract extension or to sign him as a free agent, if he does one of the following:

1. He makes one of the three all-NBA teams or is named either defensive player of the year or most valuable player the previous season.

2. He has made one of the three all-NBA teams or has been named defensive player of the year in two of the prior three seasons or the league’s most valuable player in one of the three prior seasons.

And this crucial stipulation: He has to be on the team that drafted him or has to have been traded on his rookie deal to another team.

That means players like Stephen Curry, DeMarcus Cousins, Russell Westbrook, John Wall and Gordon Hayward are eligible for this exception, while Kevin Durant is not.

good luck getting one of those guys to pass up all that extra cash-- not a few million- but TENS of millions. aint happening but on an EXCEEDINGLY rare occasion i would imagine

Nice so this means Chris Paul is not eligible for that

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would assume so- same with LeBron....which is kinda good news i guess...they are eligible for huge extensions and the built in advantage for their home teams that they would normally get i would assume- though i havent been through the CBA as much as i would have liked- and we havent seen it actually operate yet- so a lot of it is just projecting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new designated player exception, which allows certain players to sign for 35% of the salary cap even though they don’t have 10+ years of NBA experience, can be used on a player who reach free agency in addition to a player who is in the final year of his contract. For instance, next July, someone like DeMarcus Cousins – who would have one more year left on his deal – would be eligible for a designated player extension, and so would Stephen Curry, whose contract will expire in July.

CBA Details: Extensions, Rookie Salaries, Cap Holds

actually- i think CP3 would be since he has over 10 years in the league.....

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Kyrie started over Curry on the international team a couple years ago and won MVP. Like me, Coach K knew what was up years ago. Kyrie just keeps proving us right, over and over.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Kyrie started over Curry on the international team a couple years ago and won MVP. Like me, Coach K knew what was up years ago. Kyrie just keeps proving us right, over and over.

You got that sweater yet bro?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are wrong- the designate player exception doesnt allow you to skip to a team like that and then just sign for it...

The NBA’s new rule that allows teams to offer star players massive contract extensions still has problematic criteria

check it out.

The NBA’s maximum contract system provides an upper limit to a star player’s income based on a locked-in percentage of the league’s salary cap – 25 percent for players of six years’ experience or less, 30 percent for players of seven to nine years’ experience and 35 percent for players of 10 years’ experience or more. The salary cap for the 2014-15 NBA season will be $63 million, meaning that James, an 11-year NBA veteran, will earn about $21 million per season as a max contract player.

• Players can sign contract extensions after two years after the date of their original signing instead of having to wait three years. (per Brian Windhorst of ESPN). One of the overriding themes of many of the proposed changes, including this one, is to halt the current trend of superteams in the NBA. In theory, this will give teams a competitive advantage in keeping their star players for a longer duration.

So yes players still get their earnings by how many years they are in the league. So yes players will still move. So I was right in a way. Wiggy look more into it man. I Just read the whole agreement. Players can sign 2 year deals and then get Max. If you are a player over 6 years u are good. Over 8 years u can get super max.

unless I am missing something. Nothing in any of these sites have what you are talking about.

NBA, NBPA reach tentative seven-year CBA agreement - NBA.com

What We Know About The New NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is a special talent....you heard that when he was a 20 year old lighting it up against the Olympic team while on the US Select team.

his rookie year was truly extraordinary for a PG- one of the best in the modern history of the NBA for a rookie PG.....

he deifnitely still needs work on his defense- but as we saw on Xmas- when he had 7 steals- he is doing better- and he is doing better....but for Kyrie to ever become a truly elite player he HAS to get better defensively.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bradley Beal slipped on an ant turd again last night. I wonder how long he's gonna be out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who can get it?

A player qualifies for the DPE, which can be used to give a player a contract extension or to sign him as a free agent, if he does one of the following:

1. He makes one of the three all-NBA teams or is named either defensive player of the year or most valuable player the previous season.

2. He has made one of the three all-NBA teams or has been named defensive player of the year in two of the prior three seasons or the league’s most valuable player in one of the three prior seasons.

And this crucial stipulation: He has to be on the team that drafted him or has to have been traded on his rookie deal to another team.

That means players like Stephen Curry, DeMarcus Cousins, Russell Westbrook, John Wall and Gordon Hayward are eligible for this exception, while Kevin Durant is not.

good luck getting one of those guys to pass up all that extra cash-- not a few million- but TENS of millions. aint happening but on an EXCEEDINGLY rare occasion i would imagine
It will happen. Sign 2 year deals and u are golden. Yes u still lose some money but u still get the max if you are a player of 8 years of service and once you at 10 years u are set(these are for the super stars).

Players that want to win will leave and leave some extra cash on the table. New CBA hurts the young guys more. Yes they wont be able to get that super max until that 8 year mark

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are down 1 with 7 seconds left on the clock- is there a guy you would rather have with the ball than Kyrie?

i was thinking maybe Durant....after that- prob no one.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is a special talent....you heard that when he was a 20 year old lighting it up against the Olympic team while on the US Select team.

his rookie year was truly extraordinary for a PG- one of the best in the modern history of the NBA for a rookie PG.....

he deifnitely still needs work on his defense- but as we saw on Xmas- when he had 7 steals- he is doing better- and he is doing better....but for Kyrie to ever become a truly elite player he HAS to get better defensively.

Meanwhile curry is shooting under 40% from three for the first time in his career...Yet no Durant makes players worse threads...I saw a bunch of those on here about lebron...weird

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will happen. Sign 2 year deals and u are golden. Yes u still lose some money but u still get the max if you are a player of 8 years of service and once you at 10 years u are set(these are for the super stars).

Players that want to win will leave and leave some extra cash on the table. New CBA hurts the young guys more. Yes they wont be able to get that super max until that 8 year mark
but as soon as you leave you lose that ability to be the designated player which is a huge deal....sure you can always leave for less money- i was just putting out there what you had to do to get the designated player contract and get the most money possible- and its a very big difference.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are down 1 with 7 seconds left on the clock- is there a guy you would rather have with the ball than Kyrie?

i was thinking maybe Durant....after that- prob no one.

I almost spit out my coffee thinking of durant taking the final shot...lol thanks for the laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.