• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When healthy, they're exactly who everyone expected them to be. There is literally no margin for error there though, all the starters have to play.
should be a good one tonight....national TV - Cavs/Celtics....lets hope the Cavs can keep them down and in their place.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes trying to sell a book- of course he is saying dumb shit like this to get exactly what he has gotten- a bunch of national run. its not rocket science.

Phil Jackson released a book and didn't use it as a tool to call everyone else out. Also, if you paid attention to the George Karl/Demarcus Cousins saga, there were articles that showed players before Cousins weren't exactly fond of George Karl and don't paint a positive picture of him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Jackson released a book and didn't use it as a tool to call everyone else out. Also, if you paid attention to the George Karl/Demarcus Cousins saga, there were articles that showed players before Cousins weren't exactly fond of George Karl and don't paint a positive picture of him.
lol...i thought thats exactly what he did with Kobe wasnt it?

Karl is a dick no doubt about it- but you put juicy crap like that in your book to sell it- otherwise no one cares

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post isn't obnoxious at all.
i think the most dangerous thing for hte Cavs is if they let a team like Bston get some confidence against them- then Boston makes a move and gets even more confidence- then things could get interesting....

id much rather see the Cavs take this game very seriously and stomp on their throats instead of letting some doubt creep in.....ya never know- Boston makes a move- Cavs have an injury or two- and you could get yourself into a series in the playoffs.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the most dangerous thing for hte Cavs is if they let a team like Bston get some confidence against them- then Boston makes a move and gets even more confidence- then things could get interesting....

id much rather see the Cavs take this game very seriously and stomp on their throats instead of letting some doubt creep in.....ya never know- Boston makes a move- Cavs have an injury or two- and you could get yourself into a series in the playoffs.
Boston can't compete without making a pretty significant move. I'd be content at this point with grabbing a solid rebounder. We get absolutely pummeled by offensive rebounds and 2nd chance pts. It's really frustrating to watch, and it has a tendency to end Celtic runs when they are playing well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade Paul George? hes 26 and under long term contract....its like saying trade Jimmy Butler becuase you can get a lot for him...

Turner isnt far off either....build around those TWO....
Bulls almost did. The difference is Bulls have a team that can compete and Cap space and Draft picks to get better. And its Chicago big market team.

Im just saying it might be better for them to start over. Their window closed. They had a small window open just like the Bulls had one and traded D Rose. So in a way Bulls did start over. No more Rose or Noah.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George is scheduled to be a free agent next summer. I don't think anyone is trading for him unless he makes a commitment to resign with that team.

I don't think the team is that bad. They just hired a bad coach. They would not be that bad if Vogel was still the coach IMO
Get something for him before u lose him. A lot of teams would go after him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but doesn't mean players won't leave. Just will be less frequent
yeah instead players will sign 2 year deals with the new team and then sign their big contract. I mean lets be honest a lot of these players are on 1 year deals anyways. Most have Opt out clauses so they can get more money. LBJ has it, Wade has it, Durant has it.

So yes players will still leave.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get something for him before u lose him. A lot of teams would go after him.
with the new CBA he would have to give up a boatload of cash to leave....i dont see it happening....I wont say its not possible he leaves- but i think its highly unlikely. Especially since Myles Turner looks like he could be a great player to play with when he continues to mature.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah instead players will sign 2 year deals with the new team and then sign their big contract. I mean lets be honest a lot of these players are on 1 year deals anyways. Most have Opt out clauses so they can get more money. LBJ has it, Wade has it, Durant has it.

no they wont- i just read about this with Heyward--- you are not eligible for that super max unless you have 8 years...its why they specifically did that- so when LeBron signed a shorter deal and Heyward signed a shorter deal their first time in free agency that they now wouldnt be eligible for that super max....its why people are speculating that heyward might even take a 1 year deal to get his 8 years of service time and THEN jump back into the free agent pool.

a first round pick is signed for 3 years before restricted free agency- if they sign a true max extension after that they are then eligible for the super max designated player (if they meet the conditions of being a great player - certain number of al lstar teams/all nba teams etc.)...

if you sign a 2 year deal or opt out early you dont get to the 8 year mark.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I think its a ridiculous assumption that most players will still stay. If a player is done with a franchise and wants a change of scenery then they're going to leave. Simple as that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they wont- i just read about this with Heyward--- you are not eligible for that super max unless you have 8 years...its why they specifically did that- so when LeBron signed a shorter deal and Heyward signed a shorter deal their first time in free agency that they now wouldnt be eligible for that super max....its why people are speculating that heyward might even take a 1 year deal to get his 8 years of service time.
Yeah 8 years of NBA service not with 1 team. I might be wrong on this but they can still get Max. it hurts the guys that are in the league under 8 years. In this case most have been in the league for 8 years and if now they are close so they sign a short deal and then sign the Max deal. its not that hard to get around. Trust me Agents always find a loop hole.

Remember when Miami made the Big 3 , the new CBA right after said teams will no longer be able to do what Miami did. 5 years later BOOM we have GS and Cavs and even through in the Clippers(salary wise). Its still easy to form a Big 3 and in some cases a Big 4. Agents will find loop holes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the new CBA he would have to give up a boatload of cash to leave....i dont see it happening....I wont say its not possible he leaves- but i think its highly unlikely. Especially since Myles Turner looks like he could be a great player to play with when he continues to mature.

I wouldn't say unlikely. He's been in the league several years now. He is getting to that point where he wants to compete for a title. He will be entering his 9th season when he signs his new contract. I don't think he wants to be on some middle of the road eastern conference team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think its a ridiculous assumption that most players will still stay. If a player is done with a franchise and wants a change of scenery then they're going to leave. Simple as that.
I mean come on you think Boogie is going to stay with Sac town or Davis with Pelicans if they dont start winning. No way in hell. They are gone.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 8 years of NBA service not with 1 team. I might be wrong on this but they can still get Max. it hurts the guys that are in the league under 8 years. In this case most have been in the league for 8 years and if now they are close so they sign a short deal and then sign the Max deal. its not that hard to get around. Trust me Agents always find a loop hole.

Remember when Miami made the Big 3 , the new CBA right after said teams will no longer be able to do what Miami did. 5 years later BOOM we have GS and Cavs and even through in the Clippers(salary wise). Its still easy to form a Big 3 and in some cases a Big 4. Agents will find loop holes.
you are wrong- the designate player exception doesnt allow you to skip to a team like that and then just sign for it...

The NBA’s new rule that allows teams to offer star players massive contract extensions still has problematic criteria

check it out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say unlikely. He's been in the league several years now. He is getting to that point where he wants to compete for a title. He will be entering his 9th season when he signs his new contract. I don't think he wants to be on some middle of the road eastern conference team.
we shall see....i would gladly bet you on it that he stays.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_0148.jpg

Discuss this picture of stephanie curry cowering in fear on the bench late in the 4th...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shall see....i would gladly bet you on it that he stays.

Players are unpredictable as we see almost every year in free agency so I really don't know. I feel like Indiana needs to add another player go along with him and turner if they really want him to re-sign but as you said we shall see.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who can get it?

A player qualifies for the DPE, which can be used to give a player a contract extension or to sign him as a free agent, if he does one of the following:

1. He makes one of the three all-NBA teams or is named either defensive player of the year or most valuable player the previous season.

2. He has made one of the three all-NBA teams or has been named defensive player of the year in two of the prior three seasons or the league’s most valuable player in one of the three prior seasons.

And this crucial stipulation: He has to be on the team that drafted him or has to have been traded on his rookie deal to another team.

That means players like Stephen Curry, DeMarcus Cousins, Russell Westbrook, John Wall and Gordon Hayward are eligible for this exception, while Kevin Durant is not.

good luck getting one of those guys to pass up all that extra cash-- not a few million- but TENS of millions. aint happening but on an EXCEEDINGLY rare occasion i would imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.