• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say being a Lakers fan is worse.:D Well, gotta run...:bolt::bolt::bolt:
this has gotta be a low point blowing that game against the terrible Mavs at home to add to losing 14 of 16

you def. see pieces there- but i dont think any one of them has established themselves as a cant-miss star like a Porzingis or Towns or Wiggins or Booker or guy like that. I think Randle has shown he is the closest to that---he almost reminds me a little bit of a poor mans griffin- i was surprised at just how explosive he has looked when i have watched him play---

of course its really really early- but Russell looks like he is actually regressing at some times- his shot selection is awful and his assist to turnover ratio is abysmal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this has gotta be a low point blowing that game against the terrible Mavs at home to add to losing 14 of 16

you def. see pieces there- but i dont think any one of them has established themselves as a cant-miss star like a Porzingis or Towns or Wiggins or Booker or guy like that. I think Randle has shown he is the closest to that---he almost reminds me a little bit of a poor mans griffin- i was surprised at just how explosive he has looked when i have watched him play---

of course its really really early- but Russell looks like he is actually regressing at some times- his shot selection is awful and his assist to turnover ratio is abysmal.

I don't think losing a 7 point halftime lead is the end of the world.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great read on how lazy Mike Beasley was compared to Westbrook. I'll just post the juicy quotes.

"I know Spo has told the story, but it's the truth," Fizdale said of Heat coach Erik Spoelstra. "I'll never forget the year they were drafted. Not to call out Bease, but we had to drag Bease out of the bed in Vegas to get him to the gym to work out. And Russell Westbrook had already been in that same gym for two hours, full sweat.

"And [Spoelstra] asked Bease, 'Where you been?' And it was like, 'Oh, man, is this how this kid really is? And [Westbrook] went a whole other hour going at the speed that you see him play."

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers are in rebuilding mode. It happens to most teams sooner or later.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@purguy12

2. The Bulls: who we thought they were?
Welp. I guess this is the danger in writing about Chicago's surprisingly potent offense after five games, or announcing in the first week of November that Dwight Howard has transformed the Hawks.

After a hot start, Chicago looks exactly like the punchless, clogged-up outfit most of us expected when they cornered the market on bad 3-point shooters. The Bulls are down to 17th in points per possession, and over the last month, they're tied in the basement with the Lakers, per NBA.com. They're dead stinking last, by a mile, in both 3-point attempts and shooting accuracy from deep. Their point guard situation is a disaster.

Every possession is a grind. More of their attempts have come in the last seven seconds of the shot clock over the last month, per NBA.com. Nikola Mirotic only just eked over the Antoine Walker Line (30 percent) from deep. Getting Doug McDermott back helps, but Chicago has had trouble springing him for open looks. They are subsisting on free throws, offensive rebounds, and Jimmy Butler's relentless brilliance.

You can score enough to win without 3-point shooting. The Bulls have proven that, and they have the toughness and collective smarts to hang around .500. But it's hard to win much more than that when you're starting games at a deficit.
I disagree with some of it. They showed they can beat top teams so they aren't a punchless team. I think they will be a better playoff team then what their record shows

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with some of it. They showed they can beat top teams so they aren't a punchless team. I think they will be a better playoff team then what their record shows

I somewhat agree with this but really depends on their seed. If they go 42-40 and end up as the 7th or 8th seed. Hard to see them winning that series

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat agree with this but really depends on their seed. If they go 42-40 and end up as the 7th or 8th seed. Hard to see them winning that series
I'm not worried about the raptors. 8 seed yes we would be screwed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about the raptors. 8 seed yes we would be screwed

Raptors would beat them in a series. A lot of teams will beat this current Bulls team in a series. There's so many flaws with this roster.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors would beat them in a series. A lot of teams will beat this current Bulls team in a series. There's so many flaws with this roster.
U might be right but I would take the bulls. Yes we do have flaws but we also have some very good things. We have leaders, one of the best 2 way player, great rebounding team, good free throw shooting team who gets to the line. The bad the D isn't great, 2nd unit is way too up and down, 3 point shooting is bad

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put the booze down and your chair just MIGHT even itself out...:lol:

Can't blame it on the booze, quit drinking more than 4.5 years ago. Although my vaporizer just kicked my ass. Can we blame it on the Sticky Icky instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.