• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have been saying this for months.

It would probably make Cp3 happy and would open up room for Jordan to catch more lobs.
Plus you get a big time scorer something this team is missing. That player that can take that Big shot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondly, the Lakers have Randle and Russell as the future of those positions.

Lastly, they don't currently have max money to offer.

Exactly. The Lakers are playing the long game. Unless something crazy happens, I don't expect them to be looking to be players in the FA market for a couple of seasons. I think that's at least part of why they gave Mozgov and Deng the money they gave them.

They want to develop the youngsters and look to add FA's in a couple of seasons when they are hopefully ready to take the next step.

Interestingly, there is some thought that Luke likes the idea of Ingram at the point and sliding Russell over to the 2 spot. As well as "Uncle P" (apparently he's no longer Swaggy P) has been playing, he's not the long term answer there and Clarkson has been very good coming off the bench.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't sign there.

Plus, who would they trade to get him?
I know but man talk about a team that would be able to beat the Cavs and be fun to watch.

I have no clue i was just looking at rosters and man Blake would be good with that team. Only player I see Clippers getting from Bucks to keep that lineup would be Henson and Monroe but that wouldnt make sense for Clippers.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The Lakers are playing the long game. Unless something crazy happens, I don't expect them to be looking to be players in the FA market for a couple of seasons. I think that's at least part of why they gave Mozgov and Deng the money they gave them.

They want to develop the youngsters and look to add FA's in a couple of seasons when they are hopefully ready to take the next step.

Interestingly, there is some thought that Luke likes the idea of Ingram at the point and sliding Russell over to the 2 spot. As well as "Uncle P" (apparently he's no longer Swaggy P) has been playing, he's not the long term answer there and Clarkson has been very good coming off the bench.

Put him in the Greek Freak role?

Well, that shit sounds unfair....lol

Please don't start that until after Xmas!

Agree.

The Lakers aren't going to stunt the younglings growth.

Randle is a flat out STUD.

Plus. They brought in mature guys to settle the locker room.

Punching folks in the mouth and shit like this seem counterproductive to that philosophy...lol

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this Warriors game, it's pretty amazing how this lead continues to grow after they started off like shit on offense.

Also, McGee seems to be finding his role with his team and getting comfortable. Which I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but outside of Draymond, he's probably going to be counted on the most outside of the big 4.
Yes I couldn't agree more about JaVale. I already said a few weeks back that he should be starting more. I don't think he should start every game- but I think there are times he should start- particularly when they play teams with a big front court. I just really like how he stays ready & has already learned to play the game the right way. Pretty amazing to see the stars on this team help the rest of the guys get comfortable.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus you get a big time scorer something this team is missing. That player that can take that Big shot.

JJ and Melo would open it up for JOrdan.

But, Melo has a no trade clause.

Maybe he would consider waiving it if Blake wasn't involved.

Crawford, Redick, Brice and a 1st would be close.

But, nobody ever accused Phil of being stupid...lol

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would be shocked if GS didnt win it all. Like it would be more shocking then GS losing a 3-1 lead in the Finals last year. It just isnt fair what they can do. Yes they have issues like Big teams might be to push them around, out rebound them but the problem is they will still out score you.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put him in the Greek Freak role?

Well, that shit sounds unfair....lol

Please don't start that until after Xmas!

Agree.

The Lakers aren't going to stunt the younglings growth.

Randle is a flat out STUD.

Plus. They brought in mature guys to settle the locker room.

Punching folks in the mouth and shit like this seem counterproductive to that philosophy...lol

I think Luke sees it as more of a Magic Johnson role. lol

Yeah, those mature guys are there to help the youngsters through stretches like the current losing 10 of their last 11. The young guys are still playing hard and keeping a positive attitude. I think a lot of the credit for that goes to guys like Mozgov and Deng who have seen it and can help keep them focused on the big picture.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ and Melo would open it up for JOrdan.

But, Melo has a no trade clause.

Maybe he would consider waiving it if Blake wasn't involved.

Crawford, Redick, Brice and a 1st would be close.

But, nobody ever accused Phil of being stupid...lol

Problem with adding Melo is that he's a ballstopper. How long before CP3 punches him in the face during a game because of going iso every time he touched the ball?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with adding Melo is that he's a ballstopper. How long before CP3 punches him in the face during a game because of going iso every time he touched the ball?

Yeah, that would fuck up that friendship immediately.

Paul has zero chill..lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I was looking forward to an excuse-less Execution on Xmas day.

Update
JR Smith to have surgery
wpid-i_53_60_5c_jr-smith.jpg

Brian Windhorst: Cavs fears realized today with JR Smith. He will need surgery on his thumb and will be out an extended period,sources said

– via Twitter WindhorstESP

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @gordontrue since you're the only Cavs I respect on here. What's wrong with JR this year? I was reading this article just now and see that he's avg 8.6 PPG on 33% shooting this season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @gordontrue since you're the only Cavs I respect on here. What's wrong with JR this year? I was reading this article just now and see that he's avg 8.6 PPG on 33% shooting this season

Kyrie and Love's increased scoring average probably isn't helping.

I'm to lazy to see if they are taking more shots that last Season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goran Dragic - G - Heat
Pat Riley said that while you could say that Miami is currently going through a "rebuild," he doesn't anticipate it being a lengthy process.

"We love our young core. And what we have is flexibility. And you need flexibility in this league to be able to move quickly," said Riley. "You can't get paralyzed by the cap or not being able to make room and being able to trade players." Interestingly, when Riley was discussing the nucleus that he's looking to build around, not once did he mention Goran Dragic. At 30 years old, Dragic doesn't make much sense on a rebuilding roster, and with Miami looking to free up cap space, he's certainly a candidate to be moved.

Source: Miami Herald
Dec 21 - 12:32 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.