• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Purguy, I feel like Chicago is more suited for the playoffs due to Wade and Butler

They'll make the playoffs. Never said they weren't. The East is weak, if you throw a bunch of talent on a team it's going to stumble into enough wins to make it to the playoffs. But their offense is inconsistent, I don't see how they can be taken seriously.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @gordontrue since you're the only Cavs I respect on here. What's wrong with JR this year? I was reading this article just now and see that he's avg 8.6 PPG on 33% shooting this season

IMO, its just his usual streakiness at play. He goes through stretches where his shot is off. Like in the 2015 Finals. Better now than in the playoffs.

He has been dealing with injuries this season (in addition to the new thumb injury), so that might have something to do with it. The good thing, is that he's been very consistently reliable in all other facets of the game. I think his defense is underrated.

The weird thing is Shump has been on fire this season from 3. I expect Shump to regress to his mean, and JR to improve back to his mean (once he gets back).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think they will be a challenge for Cleveland. They match up really well with them and we saw that last time they played. Again u also forgot to mention that I also said I would give my full opinion on My team in a couple weeks. I did give my opinion and said they would be in the 5th to 8th seed spot but will be a tough playoff match up who ever we play. So again thanks for showing I was maybe right.

U are really helping me out.

I wasn't aware that you said a while back that you'd wait a couple of weeks to gauge your team, because I don't keep track of every little thing you post on this forum. Most of your posts as it relates to your team has the homerism vibe where you have the Bulls collective nut dribble still hanging on your chin. But yeah, your team squeaking on by as a 5th to 8th seed makes you a real challenge for the Cavs in the East. Bravo.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I was looking forward to an excuse-less Execution on Xmas day.

Update
JR Smith to have surgery
wpid-i_53_60_5c_jr-smith.jpg

Brian Windhorst: Cavs fears realized today with JR Smith. He will need surgery on his thumb and will be out an extended period,sources said

– via Twitter WindhorstESP

You can still get it... we just need the Warriors to be healthy and the Cavs to win. :D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll make the playoffs. Never said they weren't. The East is weak, if you throw a bunch of talent on a team it's going to stumble into enough wins to make it to the playoffs. But their offense is inconsistent, I don't see how they can be taken seriously.

If Butler plays like Butler and D-Wade plays like the D-Wade of 4-5 years ago. They should be taken very seriously.

Not seriously enough to see them coming out of the East, but serious enough to push the Cavs to 6, maybe 7 games. Just don't know if Old Man Wade has enough left in the tank though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware that you said a while back that you'd wait a couple of weeks to gauge your team, because I don't keep track of every little thing you post on this forum. Most of your posts as it relates to your team has the homerism vibe where you have the Bulls collective nut dribble still hanging on your chin. But yeah, your team squeaking on by as a 5th to 8th seed makes you a real challenge for the Cavs in the East. Bravo.
Yes I got excited about this team early on but I did post that i need to watch this team more to get a better judgement on them. I posted I think 1-2 weeks ago that I have them at 5-8th seed but will be a tough playoff match up. Their starters will keep them going but in the regular season the bench has let them down. Last game was the best bench play we got all year. MCW will help this team when he gets back but we still need a good scorer in this 2nd unit. A Jamal Crawford type player.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Butler plays like Butler and D-Wade plays like the D-Wade of 4-5 years ago. They should be taken very seriously.

Not seriously enough to see them coming out of the East, but serious enough to push the Cavs to 6, maybe 7 games. Just don't know if Old Man Wade has enough left in the tank though.

I just don't see it. Trojan, this may be those rare times where we're just not going to agree. These pieces don't fit together, and Hoiberg is not a great coach to mask these deficiencies on the offensive end. And as you've mentioned Wade's going to be 35 by the time the playoffs roll around. I don't think they make it past 5 with the Cavs. If they get the Raps, they may make it 6. But again, that's a likely 1st round matchup. And to get knocked out of the 1st round after signing Wade when you mentioned to your fans by trading Rose that you're starting the rebuild process - then what's the point?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see 6 game series with the Cavs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see it. Trojan, this may be those rare times where we're just not going to agree. These pieces don't fit together, and Hoiberg is not a great coach to mask these deficiencies on the offensive end. And as you've mentioned Wade's going to be 35 by the time the playoffs roll around. I don't think they make it past 5 with the Cavs. If they get the Raps, they may make it 6. But again, that's a likely 1st round matchup. And to get knocked out of the 1st round after signing Wade when you mentioned to your fans by trading Rose that you're starting the rebuild process - then what's the point?
Upward trend that is the point. We didnt make the playoffs and if we make it this year its a positive especially that we can offer max to a player next year to add to this team.

Also having Wade helps business part. If they can make playoffs and it helps the business part to add wade it was a win win for the Bulls.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clippers, Rockets, Bulls, Bees, Jazz et al are the great pretenders.

You are right not to take them seriously.

It's a 2 1/2 team race.

But, I agree that the Bulls have the best CHANCE of anyone.

15 % is better than a 10% ( Raptors ), a 5% ( Celtics ) and a 0% (Hawks ) chance.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I wasn't saying that the Bulls are a threat. It was more of a hypothetical. We know Butler will be good. But considering the mileage and being fairly injury prone of late, the chances of Wade being able to sustain the level of play necessary to really push the Cavs seems to fall somewhere between slim and none.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to come up with a single stat that Wiggins is outperforming Love in this season. He has a slight edge on assists, I guess (with a higher usage).

The stock on "Cavs were dumb to trade Wiggins for Love" is at an all-time low right now. Not the time to be trying to bang that drum, imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think they're more suited for the playoffs when you depend on stars more. Wade thrives in the big moment as we both now. Him & Butler are probably good for 2 games in any playoffs series. I don't think they're a great team by any stretch but I have more faith in Wade & Butler than I do in Lowry & DeRozan in a best of 7 vs Cleveland. They will probably be a 4 or 5 seed and finish with 44 or so wins but they can give Cleveland a hell of a series in the 2nd round.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upward trend that is the point. We didnt make the playoffs and if we make it this year its a positive especially that we can offer max to a player next year to add to this team.

Also having Wade helps business part. If they can make playoffs and it helps the business part to add wade it was a win win for the Bulls.

Milsap would be nice.

Hayward too. But, where would be play with Wade, Butler at the wing?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to come up with a single stat that Wiggins is outperforming Love in this season. He has a slight edge on assists, I guess (with a higher usage).

The stock on "Cavs were dumb to trade Wiggins for Love" is at an all-time low right now. Not the time to be trying to bang that drum, imo.

Love has been excellent thus far.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers, Rockets, Bulls, Bees, Jazz et al are the great pretenders.
I agree that the Bulls have the best CHANCE of anyone.

I'm definitely biased, but I see Rockets over Warriors and Clippers over Warriors as more plausible than Bulls over Cavs (assuming healthy teams).

That has more to do with my opinion of the difference between the Rockets/Clippers and Bulls than it does my opinion of the difference between the Cavs & Warriors.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P
You can still get it... we just need the Warriors to be healthy and the Cavs to win. :D

Warriors will win the battle.

But, I think the Cavs will repeat and win the war.

When I say " I think ", I mean I hatingly PRAY!

If the Warriors don't win, they will have a tough time keeping everyone next year.

That is the only hope to stop them from winning the next 4 Chips with the Fantastic Four on that roster.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely biased, but I see Rockets over Warriors and Clippers over Warriors as more plausible than Bulls over Cavs (assuming healthy teams).

That has more to do with my opinion of the difference between the Rockets/Clippers and Bulls than it does my opinion of the difference between the Cavs & Warriors.

Sure.

I can easily agree with that seeing as none of them actually have a legitimate chance as currently constructed.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it sucks that JR will miss so much time. One positive that could come from it, though, could be the continued development of DeAndre Liggins and maybe Kay Felder.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it sucks that JR will miss so much time. One positive that could come from it, though, could be the continued development of DeAndre Liggins and maybe Kay Felder.

Felder better be in the dunk contest.

Folks gonna shit their shorts when they see him get up.

Status
Not open for further replies.