• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it sucks that JR will miss so much time. One positive that could come from it, though, could be the continued development of DeAndre Liggins and maybe Kay Felder.

Wow!! I had no idea that the Cavs had a chick on their team. Here I thought the Spurs having a female coach was pretty progressive.

Wiggy's right, that Dan Gilbert is truly a visionary. :dhd:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!! I had no idea that the Cavs had a chick on their team. Here I thought the Spurs having a female coach was pretty progressive.

I don't know why he doesn't go by Kahlil.

He's got hops to be so tiny.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to come up with a single stat that Wiggins is outperforming Love in this season. He has a slight edge on assists, I guess (with a higher usage).

The stock on "Cavs were dumb to trade Wiggins for Love" is at an all-time low right now. Not the time to be trying to bang that drum, imo.
First off, I think you're comparing apples to oranges since they don't even play the same position. They're valuable to their respective teams in different ways.

Second, basketball is all about matchups and everyone can pretty much agree that when the Cavs & Warriors match up Love is the odd man out. Basically he doesn't change the game for them one way or the other against GS. I'm sure we'll see more of that on Xmas day.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely biased, but I see Rockets over Warriors and Clippers over Warriors as more plausible than Bulls over Cavs (assuming healthy teams).

That has more to do with my opinion of the difference between the Rockets/Clippers and Bulls than it does my opinion of the difference between the Cavs & Warriors.
You're VERY biased if this is your true opinion! :dhd:

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely biased, but I see Rockets over Warriors and Clippers over Warriors as more plausible than Bulls over Cavs (assuming healthy teams).

That has more to do with my opinion of the difference between the Rockets/Clippers and Bulls than it does my opinion of the difference between the Cavs & Warriors.
I agree.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think they're more suited for the playoffs when you depend on stars more. Wade thrives in the big moment as we both now. Him & Butler are probably good for 2 games in any playoffs series. I don't think they're a great team by any stretch but I have more faith in Wade & Butler than I do in Lowry & DeRozan in a best of 7 vs Cleveland. They will probably be a 4 or 5 seed and finish with 44 or so wins but they can give Cleveland a hell of a series in the 2nd round.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see then. Because I'm just not seeing it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

better to have a woman on the team then the team to play like a bunch of women..lol....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers, Rockets, Bulls, Bees, Jazz et al are the great pretenders.

You are right not to take them seriously.

It's a 2 1/2 team race.

But, I agree that the Bulls have the best CHANCE of anyone.

15 % is better than a 10% ( Raptors ), a 5% ( Celtics ) and a 0% (Hawks ) chance.

I actually give the Raps a better shot than the Bulls. But I guess considering how bad the East is; it's plausible then that the Bulls might have the next best shot at the Cavs. Then again, that's like saying I have the best chance at Natalie Portman's panties compared to two fat drunk guys. Still won't happen.......unfortunately.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its not about bias- its about reality

the Cavs have lost 4 games in the Eastern Conference playoffs the last TWO years COMBINED.

The Warriors have lost double that in the Western Conferece.

i mean its only logical.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upward trend that is the point. We didnt make the playoffs and if we make it this year its a positive especially that we can offer max to a player next year to add to this team.

Also having Wade helps business part. If they can make playoffs and it helps the business part to add wade it was a win win for the Bulls.

Wade's going to be 36 by the time the next playoffs (2018) rolls around. No marquee free agent is going to take the Bulls into an equation with Wade being a prominent piece. You could probably say the same with Rondo as well. It's Jimmy Butler and a few young players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually give the Raps a better shot than the Bulls. But I guess considering how bad the East is; it's plausible then that the Bulls might have the next best shot at the Cavs. Then again, that's like saying I have the best chance at Natalie Portman's panties compared to two fat drunk guys. Still won't happen.......unfortunately.
if you are going for the petite brunettes i gotta say- Felicity Jones isnt a bad option.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome read: Tyronn Lue and the art of igniting LeBron James

Tronn Lue took a risk. "LeBron, you gotta be better! If we're gonna win, you gotta be better!"

Deep inside Oakland's Oracle Arena, the visitors locker room was not a happy place. It was halftime, Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and the Cavaliers were trailing the Warriors 49-42.

Lue had tough words for everyone, but he was surprisingly sharp toward LeBron James. It was not the first time that night. During a timeout late in the second quarter, the rookie head coach had barked: "LeBron, what's wrong with your body language? Your body language is terrible." Lue recalls a look that seemed to say: Are you kidding me, what more do you want me to do? His answer: "You got to guard Draymond. You got to take the open shot. Quit turning the ball over. Fix your body language. Anything else you want me to tell you?"

As he had for most of the series, James led the team that night in scoring and assists. But it wasn't yet enough. He was two quarters from fulfilling his homecoming promise to bring Cleveland its first NBA title, and the Cavs were close to letting it slip away. Draymond Green had been killing them with a flurry of 3-pointers, and everyone in the locker room realized that one big push from the Warriors in the second half could put victory out of reach.

"We weren't performing well," says James Jones, the team's veteran forward. "LeBron needed to step up, and as a team we needed to take it to another level."

Lue decided to say everything he could to get under LeBron's skin: "Game 7! Your legacy is on the line."

James couldn't believe he was being challenged, and Cavs assistant Damon Jones worked to calm him down: "You trusted Coach all season. You said he was going to take us to where we wanted to go. If you trusted him then, you need to trust him now."

James snarled, "All right, f--- it!" before reportedly storming out of the locker room.

"Now I got him," Lue thought.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I think you're comparing apples to oranges since they don't even play the same position. They're valuable to their respective teams in different ways.

Second, basketball is all about matchups and everyone can pretty much agree that when the Cavs & Warriors match up Love is the odd man out. Basically he doesn't change the game for them one way or the other against GS. I'm sure we'll see more of that on Xmas day.

You are so dumb lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have sipped the Raptor Kool Aid for 2 Seasons.

Those Dudes can't beat the Cavs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade's going to be 36 by the time the next playoffs (2018) rolls around. No marquee free agent is going to take the Bulls into an equation with Wade being a prominent piece. You could probably say the same with Rondo as well. It's Jimmy Butler and a few young players.
Exactly we have butler one of the top 3 2 way player. Guys will want to play with butler and aging wade. I'm not worried about that. Butler isn't like rose. Butler is very liked in the NBA by his peers

Status
Not open for further replies.