• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something along those lines would make a whole lot more sense than trading Blake for Taj and Mirotic. Adding Taj to what the Clippers already have still wouldn't give them an edge (or really even put them on equal footing) against the Warriors, but it would give them a much better chance than they have now because of the added toughness Taj would bring.

In fact, you could possibly make a case for Taj playing SF for the Clips. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would shore up a spot that has been a glaring weakness for them for a few years.
Man I actually want to see Gibson go to the Clippers. I really think he helps that Team. He can play PF and Center, he gives the clippers what they are missing. Look as a Bulls fan I like Gibson a lot. But he will be a FA and I know the Bulls arent getting out of the East so why lose Gibson for Nothing. i rather get something for him. Bulls have enough money for a Max player next year and Gibson isnt that guy. I can see the Bulls throwing money at Heyward or Lowry.(if they hit the market).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny that u throw out Wade thing that I was right about but these trade ideas are crazy. Get a Clue man.

Lose Blake for nothing or get something for him................... your response I dont want peanuts. LOL get a clue man. Stick with Miami basketball(u struggle enough with them)

You guys thought you were going to be the biggest challenge to Cleveland and you're sitting at an impressive 14-13 record in the East. I at least knew my team would struggle this year. I need to get a clue, yet you're the one trying to prop up a good bench player and a scrub in Mirotic as good trade chips for Blake Griffin who's a top 1-2 PF in the league right now.

And if you lose Griffin it doesn't make sense at this juncture to trade for mediocre players. Because with CP3 on the wrong side of 30, you hit the reset button given Doc's inability to put a title roster together.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not worried he goes to lets say the Lakers? I mean we just saw KD go to GS. Anything can happen.

Who?

Blake or Paul?

But, the answer is no for either.

Firstly, you think they are gonna leave that much money on the table to move down the hall?

Secondly, the Lakers have Randle and Russell as the future of those positions.

Lastly, they don't currently have max money to offer.

So, worry for what?

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I actually want to see Gibson go to the Clippers. I really think he helps that Team. He can play PF and Center, he gives the clippers what they are missing. Look as a Bulls fan I like Gibson a lot. But he will be a FA and I know the Bulls arent getting out of the East so why lose Gibson for Nothing. i rather get something for him. Bulls have enough money for a Max player next year and Gibson isnt that guy. I can see the Bulls throwing money at Heyward or Lowry.(if they hit the market).

We'd love to have him.

But, unless you want Crawford or Austin in return it won't happen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys thought you were going to be the biggest challenge to Cleveland and you're sitting at an impressive 14-13 record in the East. I at least knew my team would struggle this year. I need to get a clue, yet you're the one trying to prop up a good bench player and a scrub in Mirotic as good trade chips for Blake Griffin who's a top 1-2 PF in the league right now.

And if you lose Griffin it doesn't make sense at this juncture to trade for mediocre players. Because with CP3 on the wrong side of 30, you hit the reset button given Doc's inability to put a title roster together.
I still think they will be a challenge for Cleveland. They match up really well with them and we saw that last time they played. Again u also forgot to mention that I also said I would give my full opinion on My team in a couple weeks. I did give my opinion and said they would be in the 5th to 8th seed spot but will be a tough playoff match up who ever we play. So again thanks for showing I was maybe right.

U are really helping me out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd love to have him.

I would take Crawford and Brice Johnson. We can really use an upgrade on the 2nd unit. We need a scorer with that unit and Crawford adds that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair to Purguy, I feel like Chicago is more suited for the playoffs due to Wade and Butler

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd love to have him.

Actually if the Bulls feel like going for it they need to upgrade their 6th and 7th man and need a scorer on that 2nd unit. I dont know whats out there. Starters are fine. I think Bulls have one of the best +- from the starters in the league. i think they are in the Top 5-7 mark(I will look it up). Our 2nd unit has been one of the worst in the league. Thats what has brought us down.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not worried he goes to lets say the Lakers? I mean we just saw KD go to GS. Anything can happen.

I can't see Blake having any interest in the Lakers. If the Lakers added Griffin, they become a 5-6 seed right now. That's not good enough for Blake. He'd lose money and playoff seeding. He's better off with the Clippers, being a perennial 3-4 seed and hoping to "catch lightning in a bottle" one season.

If he were to take less to leave, which he'd have to under the new CBA, it would make a lot more sense to go someplace (probably in the East) where he could make a real difference in making a deeper playoff run than he's been having with the Clips.

Example, put him in Toronto and the East suddenly becomes a lot more interesting. The Cavs would still be the faves, but not prohibitive like they are now.

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Im with u on that. He does. He is a star player and Big name player. i get all that. All Im saying as a Fan I saw my team do exactly the same thing the Clippers are doing. It gets frustrating. I was just throwing ideas out there. What is Blake's value? that is the real question.

Man...it's tough to value him on an expiring deal.

Example....

I would rather have Love or Melo over Blake because they are on long-term deals.

That's the kinda trade the Clippers should make it they know he's gonna walk.

But, if Blake had 2 Seasons remaining, I would keep him over both.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Purguy, I feel like Chicago is more suited for the playoffs due to Wade and Butler
Yes also bench players dont play as much so that will help them. I do feel they need to upgrade that bench. We need a Crawford type player.

Any one out there? I have no clue at this moment who they can target.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to rank the teams who I feel like would give Cleveland the best series in the east, my list would look like this.

1) Chicago
2) Toronto
3) Boston

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes also bench players dont play as much so that will help them. I do feel they need to upgrade that bench. We need a Crawford type player.

Any one out there? I have no clue at this moment who they can target.

Not sure but closer we get to the deadline, bad teams will make those guys available

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...it's tough to value him on an expiring deal.

Example....

I would rather have Love or Melo over Blake because they are on long-term deals.

That's the kinda trade the Clippers should make it they know he's gonna walk.

But, if Blake had 2 Seasons remaining, I would keep him over both.
Ok here is a crazy idea. Blake for Melo Trade. Melo seems like he wants out and Blake goes to a Big market team and can be the face of NY along with Porzingus. Clippers get a Big time scorer and a Big Name star.

I know Blake might not like it but maybe he would. Who knows.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Crawford and Brice Johnson. We can really use an upgrade on the 2nd unit. We need a scorer with that unit and Crawford adds that.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Especially since Taj is a free agent cause it clears J Crossover off the books.

If Blake were to leave, they'd easily have a max slot and could comfortably keep JJ.

Jamal's deal will be brutal in another Season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok here is a crazy idea. Blake for Melo Trade. Melo seems like he wants out and Blake goes to a Big market team and can be the face of NY along with Porzingus. Clippers get a Big time scorer and a Big Name star.

I know Blake might not like it but maybe he would. Who knows.

Yeah, I have been saying this for months.

It would probably make Cp3 happy and would open up room for Jordan to catch more lobs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man what about Blake to Bucks. Wow talk about a team that would be scary to play. Potential starting Line up

C- Plumlee
PF- Blake
SF-Parker
SG-Middleton
PG-Antetokoounmpo

WOW Talk about Athletic team.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man what about Blake to Bucks. Wow talk about a team that would be scary to play. Potential starting Line up

C- Plumlee
PF- Blake
SF-Parker
SG-Middleton
PG-Antetokoounmpo

WOW Talk about Athletic team.

He wouldn't sign there.

Plus, who would they trade to get him?

Status
Not open for further replies.