• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson is a beast. People under estimate him and that is what we are seeing here. No big deal. Gibson would add that toughness that Clippers are missing. Blake plays soft.

Its all good, just trying to help Clippers out. They want to keep losing in the playoffs with the same team. Be my guess. I went through that with the Bulls.

I get what you're saying about Taj. I love the guy and he definitely would help bring a toughness that, outside of CP3, the Clips sorely lack. But Griffin is the better player. The only way trading for Taj helps the Clips is if they can get him without losing Griffin, CP3 or DeAndre.

The Clippers are in a position where the only trades that make sense for them are one's that put them at least on equal footing with the Warriors. Anything else is meaningless. Especially since they are in a position that if they don't get something done within the next couple of years, they will need to look at blowing it up and starting over.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No crap that is why I said these are trade ideas. Just trying to get a feeling on what u think Blake is worth. In my eyes he isnt a super star anymore and he gets hurt every year. So he gets hurt and is a FA next year why now trade him and get something. Thats all I was getting at. I hope Bulls stay way from any trade ideas that has blake in it. I dont want the guy.

Because they don't have to.

Unless it's for a Star, it's in their best interest to keep him and use the cap to sign a replacement.

Why muck up your cap to get mediocre players?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna bag on you man, maybe because you are a Loyal Son lol. But that trade doesn't help the Clippers win a Championship. It really does make them worse. The only way I could see Blake going to Chicago is if Butler heads out West.
Like I said we agree to disagree. Trust me Blake is the better player in the trade but im looking at it in a different way. Im looking to the future with that trade and also now. Clippers still compete and they get tougher and more depth with this trade plus add a young PF and a 1st rd pick instead of losing Blake. Remember this is about Blake leaving and getting nothing for him. Something is better then nothing.

Real Question; U really think Blake Stays?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably the most retarded thing you've said on this forum. Almost as bad as constantly trying to poke at Heat fans about missing Wade's leadership.
I was right about Wade. U guys look lost with out him. LOL So thanks for bringing up something I was right about. See I have a track record for being right on the NBA.

U need to listen more. LOL JK

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with you. But sometimes you need change.

Agree.

Look, I am not naive enough to think the Clippers are Contenders.

They are perennial 1st and 2nd round outs.

But, Blake puts asses in the Seats.

That is very important for a Team that is Historically the 4th best Team to play in that building.

Nobody is paying to see Taj and Mirotic.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying about Taj. I love the guy and he definitely would help bring a toughness that, outside of CP3, the Clips sorely lack. But Griffin is the better player. The only way trading for Taj helps the Clips is if they can get him without losing Griffin, CP3 or DeAndre.

The Clippers are in a position where the only trades that make sense for them are one's that put them at least on equal footing with the Warriors. Anything else is meaningless. Especially since they are in a position that if they don't get something done within the next couple of years, they will need to look at blowing it up and starting over.
Im actually up for Trading him and yes he would be a good fit for the clippers. What can the Clippers give up then? As a Bulls fan i would want a 1st rd pick and lets say Brice Johnson and a Future 2nd rd pick. Something a long those lines.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just havent seen a better team this year from them. I guess u are right we might see a different team come playoff time. They still havent played any tough teams from the West yet. They beat Houston(before they got going) and lost to LA. So right now they are behind against the teams in the West. I agree they have the east locked up

And they likely won't look all that great for the rest of the regular season. The Shaq/Kobe Lakers and the Spurs almost always had several games, especially early in the season, where they just didn't look very good.

But then the "real season" would start. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Blake's not a super star because he's hurt every year. But he's considered a top 10 player by every single analyst/person with a brain. Have to give it up to Wiggy, when we're not talking about the Cavs or teams that he hates, at least he doesn't throw out gems like these.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said we agree to disagree. Trust me Blake is the better player in the trade but im looking at it in a different way. Im looking to the future with that trade and also now. Clippers still compete and they get tougher and more depth with this trade plus add a young PF and a 1st rd pick instead of losing Blake. Remember this is about Blake leaving and getting nothing for him. Something is better then nothing.

Real Question; U really think Blake Stays?

I have it at 70/30.

If Paul stays 80/20

If he qualifies for the Designated player contract, 100%.

He loves living in La and as foundation's oft-injured.

He's not leaving money on the table.

I think the problem you are having is that you think it's better to get something rather than nothing.

In this case, you are wrong.

Look at the deals getting thrown around.

They would have to pay those guys 30-40 million combined to keep.

Why on earth would they do that for average players?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Look, I am not naive enough to think the Clippers are Contenders.

They are perennial 1st and 2nd round outs.

But, Blake puts asses in the Seats.

That is very important for a Team that is Historically the 4th best Team to play in that building.

Nobody is paying to see Taj and Mirotic.
Hey Im with u on that. He does. He is a star player and Big name player. i get all that. All Im saying as a Fan I saw my team do exactly the same thing the Clippers are doing. It gets frustrating. I was just throwing ideas out there. What is Blake's value? that is the real question.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it at 70/30.

If Paul stays 80/20

If he qualifies for the Designated player contract, 100%.

He loves living in La and as foundation's oft-injured.

He's not leaving money on the table.

I think the problem you are having is that you think it's better to get something rather than nothing.

In this case, you are wrong.

Look at the deals getting thrown around.

They would have to pay those guys 30-40 million combined to keep.

Why on earth would they do that for average players?
Your not worried he goes to lets say the Lakers? I mean we just saw KD go to GS. Anything can happen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they likely won't look all that great for the rest of the regular season. The Shaq/Kobe Lakers and the Spurs almost always had several games, especially early in the season, where they just didn't look very good.

But then the "real season" would start. lol
yah i guess....

i guess i dont agree with Purguys premise that they are playing worse than last season.

theycurrently have a better record- Love is undoubteduly playing better- Kyrie is actually playing instead of missing all of Nov. and Dec., and is playing great....

I mean the Cavs fired their coach in January of last year. I would think its beyond debate that they are playing much better at this point in the season then they did last year.

I do agree with you that- at least the Cavs resting people makes sense-- like guys that havented been in the playoffs etc. resting does not make sense to me-- seeing Kyrie rest after playing a full playoffs- and then another month or 2 on the olympic team- actually makes sense to me-- etc.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not worried he goes to lets say the Lakers? I mean we just saw KD go to GS. Anything can happen.
if he goes anywhere he is gonna have to give up a TON of money to leave the Clippers under the new CBA.

That- and if he goes somewhere i would expect it to be to win- and the Lakers arent very close to winning- I mean you arent leaving CP3- another top 10 guy- and leaving tens of millions of dollars on the table unless you are going to a perfect situation.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually up for Trading him and yes he would be a good fit for the clippers. What can the Clippers give up then? As a Bulls fan i would want a 1st rd pick and lets say Brice Johnson and a Future 2nd rd pick. Something a long those lines.

Something along those lines would make a whole lot more sense than trading Blake for Taj and Mirotic. Adding Taj to what the Clippers already have still wouldn't give them an edge (or really even put them on equal footing) against the Warriors, but it would give them a much better chance than they have now because of the added toughness Taj would bring.

In fact, you could possibly make a case for Taj playing SF for the Clips. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would shore up a spot that has been a glaring weakness for them for a few years.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Blake's not a super star because he's hurt every year. But he's considered a top 10 player by every single analyst/person with a brain. Have to give it up to Wiggy, when we're not talking about the Cavs or teams that he hates, at least he doesn't throw out gems like these.
Its funny that u throw out Wade thing that I was right about but these trade ideas are crazy. Get a Clue man.

Lose Blake for nothing or get something for him................... your response I dont want peanuts. LOL get a clue man. Stick with Miami basketball(u struggle enough with them)

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doc is stupid, so maybe.

But, Taj will be a free agent this Summer.

Just wait it out and don't give up anything.

I'm very happy with Speights and Bass is a great insurance policy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he goes anywhere he is gonna have to give up a TON of money to leave the Clippers under the new CBA.

That- and if he goes somewhere i would expect it to be to win- and the Lakers arent very close to winning- I mean you arent leaving CP3- another top 10 guy- and leaving tens of millions of dollars on the table unless you are going to a perfect situation.
True. What about a team like Boston. LBJ is getting older and the East might be open soon.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something along those lines would make a whole lot more sense than trading Blake for Taj and Mirotic. Adding Taj to what the Clippers already have still wouldn't give them an edge (or really even put them on equal footing) against the Warriors, but it would give them a much better chance than they have now because of the added toughness Taj would bring.

In fact, you could possibly make a case for Taj playing SF for the Clips. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would shore up a spot that has been a glaring weakness for them for a few years.

We would need a pic for that to happen...lol

But, I'm feeling generous. So, Ill give em Austin Rivers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i guess....

i guess i dont agree with Purguys premise that they are playing worse than last season.

theycurrently have a better record- Love is undoubteduly playing better- Kyrie is actually playing instead of missing all of Nov. and Dec., and is playing great....

I mean the Cavs fired their coach in January of last year. I would think its beyond debate that they are playing much better at this point in the season then they did last year.

I do agree with you that- at least the Cavs resting people makes sense-- like guys that havented been in the playoffs etc. resting does not make sense to me-- seeing Kyrie rest after playing a full playoffs- and then another month or 2 on the olympic team- actually makes sense to me-- etc.

Oh, I don't agree with him that they look worse. I just don't think they are playing as well as they are capable of. It's perfectly natural since the regular season is a formality for them. Taking the opportunity to rest guys and get run for guys who may be needed if someone gets hurt is exactly what the Cavs should be doing. Their season starts in May.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.