• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we won a title with Love- Love is playing GREAT basketball- and Wiggins- who was supposed to be a great defender and that was how many envisioned him helping right away at athe age of 19 for the Cavs- cant defend shit- hes been AWFUL defensively.

2-3 years from now? sure- Wiggins will absolutely be better positioned then Love--- but for the Cavs championship window with LeBron--- its not even close...you make that same move 10 times out of 10

Agree.

Having a prime Wiggins won't do you much food without having Lebron.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Crew-ja-whoski kept his ass in line at the Olympics and even successfully benched him.

Phil, Stan Van and Carlisle troll/scold guys to much for him to survive in their Organizations because of his snowflake mentality.

I think a Pop, Riley could keep him in check.

But, would they be willing to risk it?

That's the thing with him. Imagine him on the Warriors, Cavs or Spurs. Whichever of those teams got him would be beyond unstoppable if he could be kept in check. The problem is...if he can't be kept in check, he could bring the team down. As you say...Why risk it?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao...Doc would not take that.

Better off letting him walk and using the money to try and sign Milsap.

That is a horrible trade return.

#Trash4Treasure
Not really with the Bulls trade: U get Gibson who is a hard noise player and is a FA after this year. So u can still free up money. Mirotic isnt expensive and u get a 1st rd pick. Looks good to me. Gibson/Mirotic is a combo of what Griffin is just for cheaper.

Im just pointing out that its better to get something. Also like I said he hit his ceiling. Clippers cant keep going down the same path with the talent they have. Something needs to change. Its like what the bulls did for a couple of years. Ran out the same team with out upgrading and expecting different results.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Having a prime Wiggins won't do you much food without having Lebron.
same can be said about any player that plays with LBJ. LOL you dont think Love is getting more open shots because of LBj and Irving.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love=poop. Im sorry he is just way over rated. He didnt help win a championship. He was poop. U are better off trading him or never making that trade. Again just my opinion. It might mean nothing. I just wouldnt want Love on my team. He doesnt offer u enough for his contract. He is a so so 3pt shooter who cant defend and rebounds only when he wants to. I will give you this, he is having a good year and his trade value will never be any higher then it is right now. Come playoff time you will see him fall off again. Different kind of basketball.

You know, I actually agreed with this wholeheartedly until a few weeks ago.

But, Love is putting up 22 and 10 this year.

So, unless you traded him for a less psychotic Boogie, no other addition will move the needle enough to say Cavs > Warriors> Spurs.

You don't make trades just to make em.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really with the Bulls trade: U get Gibson who is a hard noise player and is a FA after this year. So u can still free up money. Mirotic isnt expensive and u get a 1st rd pick. Looks good to me. Gibson/Mirotic is a combo of what Griffin is just for cheaper.

Im just pointing out that its better to get something. Also like I said he hit his ceiling. Clippers cant keep going down the same path with the talent they have. Something needs to change. Its like what the bulls did for a couple of years. Ran out the same team with out upgrading and expecting different results.

The Bulls trade is the worst of all.

Two soon to be free agents that are average players for a Allstar caliber PF?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree with that, if he just focused on playing the game he'd have more success and when people talked/wrote about DeMarcus it'd be about how good he is and not the knucklehead stuff he does.

Only guy in the league that can have a 55 point game overshadowed by his behavior and attitude problems.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I actually agreed with this wholeheartedly until a few weeks ago.

But, Love is putting up 22 and 10 this year.

So, unless you traded him for a less psychotic Boogie, no other addition will move the needle enough to say Cavs > Warriors> Spurs.

You don't make trades just to make em.
What about for Brook Lopez? They get a true center and move TT to PF. Talk about having Rim protectors with TT and Lopez.

Again just an Idea.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll give you Terry Rozier straight up.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same can be said about any player that plays with LBJ. LOL you dont think Love is getting more open shots because of LBj and Irving.

You are missing the point.

Wiggins would not have put the Cavs over the top against the Warriors.

Plus, it's easy to Monday morning quarterback a move in hindsight.

At the time, it was the right trade to make.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus a 1st rd pick. Will even throw in Zipser(young PF).

Its really not a bad trade. To be honest I dont even want Griffin but overall fair trade for both teams.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about for Brook Lopez? They get a true center and move TT to PF. Talk about having Rim protectors with TT and Lopez.

Again just an Idea.

Hmmmm, I actually like that.

But, he is fragile and is a Free Agent after next Season.

Would you want to pay him 30 mil per?

Yeah...pass.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again just an Idea.

Perimeter defense would take a big hit -- particularly vs. a team like the Warriors. (at least Love can give an effort when switched onto someone like Curry) Right now, TT is mostly off the court at crunch time. (with Love at the 5)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point.

Wiggins would not have put the Cavs over the top against the Warriors.

Plus, it's easy to Monday morning quarterback a move in hindsight.

At the time, it was the right trade to make.
Love didnt either thats my point. LOL I rather have a young player that has a very good shot at being a super star to go a long with Irving and LBJ.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love=poop. Im sorry he is just way over rated. He didnt help win a championship. He was poop. U are better off trading him or never making that trade. Again just my opinion. It might mean nothing. I just wouldnt want Love on my team. He doesnt offer u enough for his contract. He is a so so 3pt shooter who cant defend and rebounds only when he wants to. I will give you this, he is having a good year and his trade value will never be any higher then it is right now. Come playoff time you will see him fall off again. Different kind of basketball.

Gotta disagree. Would the Cavs have won last year without him? Probably, he really wasn't much of a factor all season long and looked like the proverbial "square peg." For whatever reason, it has taken until this season for he and the Cavs to figure out how to work his skill set into what they do.

With Durant already fitting into GSW like he's been there his whole career, having Love playing like he is gives the Cavs a much better shot at beating the Warriors than without him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, your homerism knows no bounds...lol

That is a shit trade.
We agree to disagree. U are getting a lot from the Bulls if this went down. I dont want it to go down because I dont want Blake. How is it Homerism when I dont want the player.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love didnt either thats my point. LOL I rather have a young player that has a very good shot at being a super star to go a long with Irving and LBJ.

Hindsight is 20/20.

The Cavs know their window closes when Bron is gone.

Yes, Wiggins would still have a bunch of prime years left.

But, they are in win now mode.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'd take that over Mirotic and Taj.....lol

Trade one very good free agent for 1 good and one mediocre free agent. :crazy:
Yea that makes zero sense lol.

Personally I'd kill for Taj right now, but we have different problems than you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.