• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade him for who?

Where exactly will be go that can pay him and give him a chance to win?

Nobody is beating the Warriors or Cavs.

So, exactly why would he leave money on the table to go someplace else and not win?

Now CP3?

Different story.

Add him to the Spurs and they are Heavyweights.
Boston and Philly and the Twolves have assets to make a deal- but the Clips want to win now- and have CP3 who wants to win now.

plus- with the new CBA- it makes it SOOO much leess likely CP3 leaves- because he is gonna get a freaking RIDICULOUS contract offered from the Clips that no one else can even come close to approaching.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Do you think Horford and Boogie could play together?

I just read that Bogut could get a buyout.

They could wait and pick him up for the minimum.
I cant see Bogut getting a buyout....he has trade value.

if he did- David Griffin and Dan Gilbert would be at his door about 20 seconds latter giving him a chance to stick it to the Warriors though I can tell you that.

Horford and Boogie definitely are good enough shooting wise where they can play together- and Boston has the perimeter defensive players to make up for their defensive deficiencies- so theoritically i could see it working- but would Cousins be okay with the substantial decrease in his shots that would come with moving to a good team that has a few very solid offensive options?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I think the Celtics would give up the most.

But, I don't wish that on Brad Stevens.

Boogie would run roughshod over someone so young.
That would be interesting to watch, him dealing with the backlash in Boston if he struggled or got angry. Sacramento is quiet compared to that situation. I almost want to see it happen :pop2:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade him for who?

Where exactly will be go that can pay him and give him a chance to win?

Nobody is beating the Warriors or Cavs.

So, exactly why would he leave money on the table to go someplace else and not win?

Now CP3?

Different story.

Add him to the Spurs and they are Heavyweights.
personally- CP3 signing a huge long term extension would make me sleep a lot better at night- looking at LeBron 3-4 years from now and what his end-of-career plans are.

I dont care if LeBron is 39 yeras old- offer him as many years and as much money as you possibly can...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are you gonna get for him a few months before free agency? prob not a lot---

plus- the golden rule in the NBA is you NEVER trade a dollar bill for 4 quarters.

think of all the idiots that thought the Cavs should trade Love for a package of mediocre players how dumb that would be right now--- it would be beyond a colosoal fucking clusterfuck of a mistake.

You dont win a title very often - if ever--- Dallas stuck with Dirk for years and they were rewarded with a title...Grffin is a top 20 player in the league AT LEAST top 20...you dont trade him unless A. he wants out specifically and B. you can get a boatload of assets- including an elite asset or two a-la a high lotto pick or great young player.

Unless one of those guys says " I'm leaving ", neither will be traded.

Could they walk?

Sure.

But, that's a chance Doc will take.

Redick is the one I'm worried about losing.

If Crabbe got 15, JJ gonna want 20.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando shoots .433 from the field and .338 from 3 on the season

the "great" Miami defense allowed them to shoot 49.5% from the field and 50% from three. WELL over their season averages

that has MUCH more effect on the outcome then does shootin 69% on the free throw-- which was ACTUALLY higher than Orlando shot- and actually HIGHER than Miami's average o nthe season

Miami lost becuase of its free throw shooting- even though they shot a higher percentage then their average------ not becuase their defense sucked against one of the worst offensive teams in the league? right? lol...you have GTBFKM

so yah...REAL smart--- LOL.....Miami actually SHOOTS BETTER THAN its season average on free throws- and the Orlando offense shoots WAAAAAAAAAAAAY over its season averages--- but its the free throw shooting...lol

it was the shitty defense dude. your position is undependable. If Orlando shot its season average of 43.3-- the Heat win that game EASILY....the Magic actually missed MORE free throws than the Heat--- and the Heat shot just under 70% from the FT line- which is actually BETTER than their season average.

your argument makes absolutely zero sense

Did you watch the game? Simple yes or no?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are you gonna get for him a few months before free agency? prob not a lot---

plus- the golden rule in the NBA is you NEVER trade a dollar bill for 4 quarters.

think of all the idiots that thought the Cavs should trade Love for a package of mediocre players how dumb that would be right now--- it would be beyond a colosoal fucking clusterfuck of a mistake.

You dont win a title very often - if ever--- Dallas stuck with Dirk for years and they were rewarded with a title...Grffin is a top 20 player in the league AT LEAST top 20...you dont trade him unless A. he wants out specifically and B. you can get a boatload of assets- including an elite asset or two a-la a high lotto pick or great young player.
Cavs should trade Love. Man they still wish they had wiggins. That team would be really scary. Love is too up and down for me and Hurts Cleveland more then helps with his bad Defense. Just my opinion. Cavs might of won back to back Championships if they had Wiggins.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the game? Simple yes or no?
course not. that doesnt mean SHIT though.

all you are doing is making pre-emptive excuses for a shitbomb of a defensive effort against one of the worst offensive teams in the league

it seriously cracks me up-

"We lost becuase of the free throw shooting!"

well...you actually shot BETTER than your season average-- Orlando actually Missed MORE free throws.

you lost becuase the defense got bent over by a really crappy offense.

Orlando's offense is putrid- 43.3% from the field on an average night, 33.8% from 3--- when you let them shoot 49.5% shoot from the field, and 50.0% from 3----- and blame it on free throws- you look like an insane person. ESPECIALLY when the Heat actually shot BETTER than their season average from the line.

I guess yo uare one of those people who think that just because a guy misses a shot at the buzzer- THATS the reason they lost the game--- not the previous 47 minutes of action. LOL.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think stats tell the whole story for every game you're just stupid. Miami were up 2 possessions with under a minute to go in the 4th and 1st OT then the missed free throws happens. If the defense was such an issue, they would have been losing and the game wouldn't have even gone to OT. Tell us how much of the game you saw again. You think you're some fucking smart guy. You don't watch games. You look at box score and think you know more than those who actually watch the games. Go play in traffic you stupid fuck

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs should trade Love. Man they still wish they had wiggins. That team would be really scary. Love is too up and down for me and Hurts Cleveland more then helps with his bad Defense. Just my opinion. Cavs might of won back to back Championships if they had Wiggins.
we won a title with Love- Love is playing GREAT basketball- and Wiggins- who was supposed to be a great defender and that was how many envisioned him helping right away at athe age of 19 for the Cavs- cant defend shit- hes been AWFUL defensively.

2-3 years from now? sure- Wiggins will absolutely be better positioned then Love--- but for the Cavs championship window with LeBron--- its not even close...you make that same move 10 times out of 10

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally- CP3 signing a huge long term extension would make me sleep a lot better at night- looking at LeBron 3-4 years from now and what his end-of-career plans are.

I dont care if LeBron is 39 yeras old- offer him as many years and as much money as you possibly can...

These are the two reasons I'm not worried about either guy:

Sirius XM NBA: Dan Woike on the Clippers: “From a team perspective, they have no intentions of breaking it up, no matter what happens this season.”

The expected maximum salary in 2017-18 for a player with 10 or more year's service--including many of the game's superstars, like LeBron James, Kevin Durant and Chris Paul, each of whom can become an unrestricted free agent next summer, will be $36 million, allowing a player to sign a five-year deal with his existing team for around $210 million.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
course not. that doesnt mean SHIT though.

all you are doing is making pre-emptive excuses for a shitbomb of a defensive effort against one of the worst offensive teams in the league

it seriously cracks me up-

"We lost becuase of the free throw shooting!"

well...you actually shot BETTER than your season average-- Orlando actually Missed MORE free throws.

you lost becuase the defense got bent over by a really crappy offense.

Orlando's offense is putrid- 43.3% from the field on an average night, 33.8% from 3--- when you let them shoot 49.5% shoot from the field, and 50.0% from 3----- and blame it on free throws- you look like an insane person. ESPECIALLY when the Heat actually shot BETTER than their season average from the line.

I guess yo uare one of those people who think that just because a guy misses a shot at the buzzer- THATS the reason they lost the game--- not the previous 47 minutes of action. LOL.

Miami started off the game 14/16 from the line which was great. They missed several crucial free throws when they needed to hit them. I would know this because I WATCHED THE GAME. Missed 6 out of their final 10 free throws starting with the Richardson miss at the end of the 4th. Stop trying to act like you know more than someone who watched all 58 minutes last night. You look like the tool you already are.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of teams would trade for him. Clippers would get some good pieces back. What about to the Bulls for Gibson, Mirotic and a 1st rd pick. Or to the Raptors for Patrick Patterson, Terrence Ross and a 1st Rd pick.
Hornets for Marvin Williams, Lamb and a 1st rd pick.

Again these are just ideas. Value is out there to help Clippers and help the future for the clippers. Better to get something before he leaves. Like the Bulls did they traded rose at the right time. They got some value back from the Rose trade.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be interesting to watch, him dealing with the backlash in Boston if he struggled or got angry. Sacramento is quiet compared to that situation. I almost want to see it happen :pop2:
You hold your tongue!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see Bogut getting a buyout....he has trade value.

if he did- David Griffin and Dan Gilbert would be at his door about 20 seconds latter giving him a chance to stick it to the Warriors though I can tell you that.

Horford and Boogie definitely are good enough shooting wise where they can play together- and Boston has the perimeter defensive players to make up for their defensive deficiencies- so theoritically i could see it working- but would Cousins be okay with the substantial decrease in his shots that would come with moving to a good team that has a few very solid offensive options?
Wouldn't it be funny if he went to the Cavs instead?

Bogut is owed $11 million, that’s a tough number to trade without sending out a big salary. Not sold Bogut fits where the Celtics want to go and there is the prevailing thought that he’ll take a buyout if he’s still on the roster after the trade deadline. So if you are Boston, why give up a meaningful guy, when you could make get Bogut in March for the minimum?

– via Basketball Insiders

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of teams would trade for him. Clippers would get some good pieces back. What about to the Bulls for Gibson, Mirotic and a 1st rd pick. Or to the Raptors for Patrick Patterson, Terrence Ross and a 1st Rd pick.
Hornets for Marvin Williams, Lamb and a 1st rd pick.

Again these are just ideas. Value is out there to help Clippers and help the future for the clippers. Better to get something before he leaves. Like the Bulls did they traded rose at the right time. They got some value back from the Rose trade.

Lmao...Doc would not take that.

Better off letting him walk and using the money to try and sign Milsap.

That is a horrible trade return.

#Trash4Treasure

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think stats tell the whole story for every game you're just stupid. Miami were up 2 possessions with under a minute to go in the 4th and 1st OT then the missed free throws happens. If the defense was such an issue, they would have been losing and the game wouldn't have even gone to OT. Tell us how much of the game you saw again. You think you're some fucking smart guy. You don't watch games. You look at box score and think you know more than those who actually watch the games. Go play in traffic you stupid fuck
You crazy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not the players. It is the coaches and front office staff making theses calls.

Popovich started the trend, now because all of the top teams rest players, you would be putting yourself at a huge disadvantage not to. Coaches today have a greater understanding of the impact that wear and tear of an 82 game grind can have on their top dogs come June, so they take proactive steps to change it.

Last week Kyrie sat two games, Love and LeBron sat 1 each. LeBron seems indifferent to rest, but if they wanted/needed him to play he would have. Kyrie did not want to sit.

I think it is seriously unfair to blame this trend on the players.

I agree with you. I think as you said its the gm and coaches. They tell the players they're going to rest and that's the end of that. I don't think players care to fight especially knowing they will be playing likely in June as is the case with the Cavs. Now don't get me started on guys like Lopez and Cousins resting though. That makes no sense. Last night was the 2nd or 3rd time this year where Brooklyn gave Lopez the night off to rest.

Yes and no. These kinds of things are part of the CBA and the players union negotiates in the CBA. So, it's also on the players.

Additionally, if a star player wants to play, he's playing. Does anyone really think that if Lebron really wanted to play in a game, that he wouldn't be playing regardless of what Lue, Gilbert, etc. had to say?

The Lakers FO and even Phil wanted Kobe to sit more than he ever did. He just pretty well told them "I'm playing."

I do agree that rest is a good thing...it's been proven.I'm also not saying we should return to the back to back to back days. But let's not pretend that the players have no say in when and how often they rest.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we won a title with Love- Love is playing GREAT basketball- and Wiggins- who was supposed to be a great defender and that was how many envisioned him helping right away at athe age of 19 for the Cavs- cant defend shit- hes been AWFUL defensively.

2-3 years from now? sure- Wiggins will absolutely be better positioned then Love--- but for the Cavs championship window with LeBron--- its not even close...you make that same move 10 times out of 10
Love=poop. Im sorry he is just way over rated. He didnt help win a championship. He was poop. U are better off trading him or never making that trade. Again just my opinion. It might mean nothing. I just wouldnt want Love on my team. He doesnt offer u enough for his contract. He is a so so 3pt shooter who cant defend and rebounds only when he wants to. I will give you this, he is having a good year and his trade value will never be any higher then it is right now. Come playoff time you will see him fall off again. Different kind of basketball.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Against the Warriors?

Sure, if you changed Wiggins to Prime Jordan in this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.