• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
55 points in a win, but it looked like he was gonna be ejected towards the end. And he still looked frustrated after the game because of the near ejected.
It's a statement to what an asshole he is that a player of his caliber may just be untradeable.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. I think as you said its the gm and coaches. They tell the players they're going to rest and that's the end of that. I don't think players care to fight especially knowing they will be playing likely in June as is the case with the Cavs. Now don't get me started on guys like Lopez and Cousins resting though. That makes no sense. Last night was the 2nd or 3rd time this year where Brooklyn gave Lopez the night off to rest.

I get Lopez. The Nets are going nowhere with or without him and Lopez is injury prone. I am not sure his body can handle 82 games.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a statement to what an asshole he is that a player of his caliber may just be untradeable.

I think the Kings organization deserves some blame. You really think he would act like this if he went to the Spurs?

Reactions: LAD

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kings organization deserves some blame. You really think he would act like this if he went to the Spurs?
The Kings didn't turn him into a monster, bully asshole. He had attitude problems at Kentucky as well. He might not be AS bad if he were on a winner, but the potential for volatile behavior would always be there. That's just him. The Kings have other players, none of whom do what he does.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Lopez. The Nets are going nowhere with or without him and Lopez is injury prone. I am not sure his body can handle 82 games.

Yeah but their resting strategy doesn't make sense. You rest him last night after a day off on Monday so I'm assuming they're going to play him in their B2B on Thursday and Friday.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or did the refs get it right. He spit out his mouth piece at the other team. Im a little confused here after watching it and after his interview. That was no accident. U can see him spit it out.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is going to lose because they couldn't make free throws to seal the victory at the end of 4th and in the 1st OT. Nothing pisses me off more than a team giving a game away because you can't do the simple things like hit free throws. First time I've been mad after a game since the 2nd game of the season

Preaching to the choir.
ajnh5e19olg6dgier2na3tnt3.316x235x89.gif

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop would chew him up and spit him out if he acted this way with the Spurs, he fell into a place that allowed his anger and technical fouls.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings didn't turn him into a monster, bully asshole. He had attitude problems at Kentucky as well. He might not be AS bad if he were on a winner, but the potential for volatile behavior would always be there. That's just him. The Kings have other players, none of whom do what he does.

Agree.

This is clearly his Mama's fault.

But, substandard Management and Ownership hasn't helped.

When your Owner says shit like this, how can you be anything less than a laughing stock?

Report: Kings owner Vivek Ranadivé has pitched a 4-on-5 defense, 'leaving one player to cherry-pick'

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop would chew him up and spit him out if he acted this way with the Spurs, he fell into a place that allowed his anger and technical fouls.

Mike Crew-ja-whoski kept his ass in line at the Olympics and even successfully benched him.

Phil, Stan Van and Carlisle troll/scold guys to much for him to survive in their Organizations because of his snowflake mentality.

I think a Pop, Riley could keep him in check.

But, would they be willing to risk it?

Reactions: LAD

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of his anger is the frustration built up from years of losing. And looking at the Kings, they brought a lot of that on. They've passed on guys like Lillard, Klay, Kawhi, Rodney Hood, etc to draft bust after bust after bust(JIMMER!). They traded away IT, all star point guard, for pretty much nothing. They've had numerous coaching and FO changes along with the potential move to Seattle years ago.
I'm NOT saying that some of the shit he does, including his recent problem with a SacBee writer, is okay because of the stupid moves the franchise has made. And you're right that he had problems at Kentucky, but somebody who had problems controlling his temper went to the worst team possible to help fix that. Cousins has done a lot of good stuff away from the court/locker room, but he lets his emotions get the better of him during/after games way too much. He needs to change himself, no matter how frustrated he is about the losing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol man if you didn't see the game just shut up. Miami had chances to end the game at the line in the 4th and OT and failed. The Orlando offense really had nothing to do with it. The game was basically done twice tonight. All Miami had to do was cash in at the free throw line and they failed.
LOL...what a joke... "giving up 50% shooting to the horrible Orlando offense had nothing to do with it-- FREE THROW SHOOTING" LOL...gmafb

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree.

Look how many guys want out.

But, I think guys like Gay, Affalo should have to stay.

You chose money over winning. So, deal with it.

I was mad that Benneli was traded to the Bees.

He fucking left the Spurs to join that shit show.

It's not like they didn't know the Kings were a train wreck before signing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...what a joke... "giving up 50% shooting to the horrible Orlando offense had nothing to do with it-- FREE THROW SHOOTING" LOL...gmafb

When you're up 2 or 3 with under 24 seconds to go (on 2 different occassions) and you miss the free throws to clinch the game then yes I'm going to focus on the miss free throws like any other person with common sense. As I said before shut the fuck up if you didn't watch the game. I don't have time for dicks who run on espn and look at a box score and think they can make a logical assumption about how a game was won.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

This is clearly his Mama's fault.

But, substandard Management and Ownership hasn't helped.

When your Owner says shit like this, how can you be anything less than a laughing stock?

Report: Kings owner Vivek Ranadivé has pitched a 4-on-5 defense, 'leaving one player to cherry-pick'

I think part of his anger is the frustration built up from years of losing. And looking at the Kings, they brought a lot of that on. They've passed on guys like Lillard, Klay, Kawhi, Rodney Hood, etc to draft bust after bust after bust(JIMMER!). They traded away IT, all star point guard, for pretty much nothing. They've had numerous coaching and FO changes along with the potential move to Seattle years ago.
I'm NOT saying that some of the shit he does, including his recent problem with a SacBee writer, is okay because of the stupid moves the franchise has made. And you're right that he had problems at Kentucky, but somebody who had problems controlling his temper went to the worst team possible to help fix that. Cousins has done a lot of good stuff away from the court/locker room, but he lets his emotions get the better of him during/after games way too much. He needs to change himself, no matter how frustrated he is about the losing.

No doubt Sac town is probably the worst place for a person of his temperment. But, there is NO excuse for some of the shit he does, none.

Status
Not open for further replies.