• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree. Would the Cavs have won last year without him? Probably, he really wasn't much of a factor all season long and looked like the proverbial "square peg." For whatever reason, it has taken until this season for he and the Cavs to figure out how to work his skill set into what they do.

With Durant already fitting into GSW like he's been there his whole career, having Love playing like he is gives the Cavs a much better shot at beating the Warriors than without him.
Yeah but dont the Cavs look worse then last year. So even with Love Bump they still dont look great. They are the best in the East but overall hasnt looked great like GS, and Spurs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really with the Bulls trade: U get Gibson who is a hard noise player and is a FA after this year. So u can still free up money. Mirotic isnt expensive and u get a 1st rd pick. Looks good to me. Gibson/Mirotic is a combo of what Griffin is just for cheaper.

Im just pointing out that its better to get something. Also like I said he hit his ceiling. Clippers cant keep going down the same path with the talent they have. Something needs to change. Its like what the bulls did for a couple of years. Ran out the same team with out upgrading and expecting different results.

LOL

That trade makes sense if the Bulls are allowed to play with 6 players on the court. You don't accept a trade for peanuts for a top 10 player.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is 20/20.

The Cavs know their window closes when Bron is gone.

Yes, Wiggins would still have a bunch of prime years left.

But, they are in win now mode.
Yes I agree with that but Wiggins gives you that chance to win now and insurance when LBJ is gone(or hits that wall). So with Wiggins you get youth and insurance. LBJ leaves u build around Wiggins and Irving and I guess TT. Thats not bad. It keeps Cavs relevant when LBJ leaves.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami started off the game 14/16 from the line which was great. They missed several crucial free throws when they needed to hit them. I would know this because I WATCHED THE GAME. Missed 6 out of their final 10 free throws starting with the Richardson miss at the end of the 4th. Stop trying to act like you know more than someone who watched all 58 minutes last night. You look like the tool you already are.
i dont care if yo uwatched every single minute of every single game

if you go and visit Italy- and go and see the Sistine Chapel and tell me its done in pink grafitti- and i tell you its not- you dont have more credibility JUST BECAUSE YOU SAW It.

it is patently absurd to blame free throw shooting when you SHOT BETTER THAN YOUR SEASON average--- when you shot BETTER than the other team-

the Heat lost last night because their defense sucked- the Orlando Magic- one of the worst offensive teams in the league shot the lights out.

Regularly they shoot 43.3% from the feild and and 33.8% from 3

the "Great" Miami defense allowed them to shoot 49.5% from the field and 50% from 3.

excuse me if i think that you are an insane person- when you blame the free throw shooting- which was actually BETTER than their season average.

The Heat lost last nights game because their defense played like shit. Not because someone missed some timely free throws---- unless like i said- you subscribe to the theory that if a guy misses a last second shot- THATs why the team lost- and not the previous 47 minutes.

its just more excuses----- it cracks me up though and is quite entertaining

"We lost becuase of free throws even though we shot above our season average--- not because Orlando's offense shot nearly 50% from the field and behind the 3pt line--- when they usually are one of the worst shooting teams in the league"

honestly- wake up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

That trade makes sense if the Bulls are allowed to play with 6 players on the court. You don't accept a trade for peanuts for a top 10 player.
totally agree

like i siad- the Golden Rule of the NBA is you do NOT trade a dollar bill for 4 quarters- not if u want to have a job for very long.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree with that but Wiggins gives you that chance to win now and insurance when LBJ is gone(or hits that wall). So with Wiggins you get youth and insurance. LBJ leaves u build around Wiggins and Irving and I guess TT. Thats not bad. It keeps Cavs relevant when LBJ leaves.

You can facepalm me all you want, purguy. Your dumbass thought that was a good trade. Stupid kunt.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that makes zero sense lol.

Personally I'd kill for Taj right now, but we have different problems than you guys.
Gibson is a beast. People under estimate him and that is what we are seeing here. No big deal. Gibson would add that toughness that Clippers are missing. Blake plays soft.

Its all good, just trying to help Clippers out. They want to keep losing in the playoffs with the same team. Be my guess. I went through that with the Bulls.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We agree to disagree. U are getting a lot from the Bulls if this went down. I dont want it to go down because I dont want Blake. How is it Homerism when I dont want the player.

You brought up an imaginary scenario that you pulled out of thin air.

Nobody anywhere, ever has floated this idea.

But, you don't want him?....lol

The fact that you think it's a good deal makes you a homer.

Taj is a good bench guy that starts for your Team.

Mirotic has been absolutely AWFUL.

Both are gonna be free agents.

But, that's a fair trade for a guy putting up 21, 9 and 5?

Yeah, we are never gonna agree on that...lol

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can facepalm me all you want, purguy. Your dumbass thought that was a good trade. Stupid kunt.
Its just your opnion and not a very good one. its all good. I know its a good trade for both. Sad thing is I dont want Blake so its not like Im pushing for a trade or really want it. I actually think it makes the Clippers better plus adding future pieces.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson is a beast. People under estimate him and that is what we are seeing here. No big deal. Gibson would add that toughness that Clippers are missing. Blake plays soft.

Its all good, just trying to help Clippers out. They want to keep losing in the playoffs with the same team. Be my guess. I went through that with the Bulls.

Dude.....stop...lol

Neither of us are Gm's.

So, we aren't helping anyone out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You brought up an imaginary scenario that you pulled out of thin air.

Nobody anywhere, ever has floated this idea.

But, you don't want him?....lol

The fact that you think it's a good deal makes you a homer.

Taj is a good bench guy that starts for your Team.

Mirotic has been absolutely AWFUL.

Both are gonna be free agents.

But, that's a fair trade for a guy putting up 21, 9 and 5?

Yeah, we are never gonna agree on that...lol
No crap that is why I said these are trade ideas. Just trying to get a feeling on what u think Blake is worth. In my eyes he isnt a super star anymore and he gets hurt every year. So he gets hurt and is a FA next year why now trade him and get something. Thats all I was getting at. I hope Bulls stay way from any trade ideas that has blake in it. I dont want the guy.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not gonna bag on you man, maybe because you are a Loyal Son lol. But that trade doesn't help the Clippers win a Championship. It really does make them worse. The only way I could see Blake going to Chicago is if Butler heads out West.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but dont the Cavs look worse then last year. So even with Love Bump they still dont look great. They are the best in the East but overall hasnt looked great like GS, and Spurs.

Imo, no, they don't look worse. The Cavs are in a different position than the rest of the East. They know that, for them, the regular season is virtually meaningless. They know they will be in the top 4 and that's all that matters. They don't care about seeding, they care about getting to the playoffs rested and healthy.

So, they get to rest guys, they get to experiment with lineups and give guys who won't be playing unless there are injuries, a chance to get some run in case they are needed.

They remind me of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and the Spurs (pretty much every year) in that regard.

Last edited:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agree

like i siad- the Golden Rule of the NBA is you do NOT trade a dollar bill for 4 quarters- not if u want to have a job for very long.
I actually agree with you. But sometimes you need change.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, they will be felling the weight of that trade in a few years.

But, it's hard to regret something that led to a Championship even if it didn't really affect the outcome.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna bag on you man, maybe because you are a Loyal Son lol. But that trade doesn't help the Clippers win a Championship. It really does make them worse. The only way I could see Blake going to Chicago is if Butler heads out West.

This

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, no, they don't look worse. The Cavs are in a different position than the rest of the East. They know that, for them, the regular season is virtually meaningless. They know they will be in the top and that's all that matters. They don't care about seeding, they care about getting to the playoffs rested and healthy.

So, they get to rest guys, they get to experiment with lineups and give guys who won't be playing unless there are injuries, a chance to get some run in case they are needed.

They remind me of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and the Spurs (pretty much every year) in that regard.
I guess I just havent seen a better team this year from them. I guess u are right we might see a different team come playoff time. They still havent played any tough teams from the West yet. They beat Houston(before they got going) and lost to LA. So right now they are behind against the teams in the West. I agree they have the east locked up

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just your opnion and not a very good one. its all good. I know its a good trade for both. Sad thing is I dont want Blake so its not like Im pushing for a trade or really want it. I actually think it makes the Clippers better plus adding future pieces.

This is probably the most retarded thing you've said on this forum. Almost as bad as constantly trying to poke at Heat fans about missing Wade's leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.