• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see how they try to defend against KD with Curry & Klay on the wings.

The whole defense the last few years in the finals was to disrespect Barnes and just throw 2-3 people at Steph and klay all game and see if Barnes or green and Iggy can beat us. Barnes pooped in his big boy pants. Green showed up. Iggy I trust more than Barnes. They can't play that defense with the big 3 on the court

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors by homicide.

jacobs.gif

But, I'm taking the Cavs when it counts for the Championship.

I'll take my dubs all day. I think cavs are very fortunate to beat us last year

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have listed the media as a catalyst, but really it's more for the team. The best thing that happened to the Warriors this season was their blow out loss from the Spurs on opening night. There's no way around that. It showed them how much further they have to go to reach their ultimate goal. Last year the Warriors beat the Cavs twice, once in a close game at home and another blow out win in Cleveland. As we saw, that had zero impact on their finals performance.

The end goal is to reach the finals, healthy and playing at a high level. Going all out to beat the Cavs in a regular season matchup is just a bad look. There's no way around it. If the Warriors win, there's nothing tangible they can take away from the game other than they could beat the Cavs. The Warriors already know they're capable of this, but having to take additional rest to do so, is again a bad look.

Losing a game against the Cavs would be much more beneficial in the long run. I'm not even saying that the Warriors will lose, but if they gear up, and lose, that's going to be a blow to the psyche of the team.
Well I'm not sure that getting the core guys rest- even though Kerr said they would be doing this- is going all out. I think you're just over analyzing this to some degree.

My point is resting them so they can be fresh and play at their best. What team doesn't want to do that against a team they most likely will face deep in the playoffs? And I think they can learn from things like watching film & having practice. Losing to good teams isn't the only way to get those lessons IMO.

Winning this game IS a big deal to them, given the last meeting they had with this team. You make it sound like they shouldn't be prepared and just go through the motions because there's a chance they could lose. IMO that's sending a bad message to everyone.

At the end of the day it's not unusual that we disagree- or have a different perspective of this team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't mind wiggy lol I've just been paying attention to fantasy football recently while watching my dubs lol. I promise I'll be on here more tho
its her hobby to whine and complain about me....obviously i own her mentally or something becuase she cant stop thinking about me or mentioning me - i gotta say....its not the first time i have had that effect on a woman ;)

when you are packing such a large intellect, and packing such a large... .... ... it happens... lol. :noidea:

right @bksballer89 ?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its her hobby to whine and complain about me....obviously i own her mentally or something becuase she cant stop thinking about me or mentioning me - i gotta say....its not the first time i have had that effect on a woman ;)

when you are packing such a large intellect, and packing such a large... .... ... it happens... lol. :noidea:

right @bksballer89 ?
:puke:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Griffin out 3-6 weeks with knee injury.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a bad schedule in that time period. Should be fine as long as he doesn't miss more than 6 weeks. Only really tough games I see from now until January 28th are games vs the Spurs, Rockets, 2 games vs OKC, Memphis, and the Warriors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought it was less-....like 2-4....and hed be back not too long after the start of january supposedly....

i mustve seen something that was a little early on...

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad schedule in that time period. Should be fine as long as he doesn't miss more than 6 weeks. Only really tough games I see from now until January 28th are games vs the Spurs, Rockets, 2 games vs OKC, Memphis, and the Warriors.
If he is out the full 6 weeks that would put his return somewhere in the neighborhood of the All-Star break. By then there's only like 8 weeks left of the season. Maybe less if you figure in the time it will take him to get back into basketball shape enough to impact games for them.

Like I said- I expect to see them fall down in seeding. Around 5th or 6h seed. Given this news it's good they got off to such a good start this season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is out the full 6 weeks that would put his return somewhere in the neighborhood of the All-Star break. By then there's only like 8 weeks left of the season. Maybe less if you figure in the time it will take him to get back into basketball shape enough to impact games for them.

Like I said- I expect to see them fall down in seeding. Around 5th or 6h seed. Given this news it's good they got off to such a good start this season.

I don't know if you should expect much of a dropoff. Last year they were fine without Blake during the regular season. They should be fine. Also arthroscopic surgery is as minor as they come. Very hard to picture him missing 6 weeks. I will say 3 or 4 weeks at the max

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you should expect much of a dropoff. Last year they were fine without Blake during the regular season. They should be fine. Also arthroscopic surgery is as minor as they come. Very hard to picture him missing 6 weeks. I will say 3 or 4 weeks at the max
Yea after looking at the calendar you're right-it might not be that long. But in terms of the drop-off IMO that has nothing to do with Blake being injured. That is what the Clippers do every season- so until I see something different that is what I will expect to see this season too. Mainly because they didn't make changes to the core- or improvements rather. Hard to have different expectations when not much has changed in terms of the personnel.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

right @bksballer89 ?

I'll just leave this here in case anyone is interested....lol

th

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hatechu....They will be fine.

This is his annual injury and they always play well when he blows a tire.

I was looking at their games from last year. They went on a 10 game win streak immediately after his injury

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at their games from last year. They went on a 10 game win streak immediately after his injury

DeAndre gets a chance to spread his wings a bit.

I wish Brice Johnson was ready to go.

I'd love to see what he could do with Paul and DeAndre.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty damn good game between the Hawks and Thunder.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to get that knee right.

They can't take another shit in the first round again.

No worries. No way they go out in the 1st round 2 years in a row. CP3 will kill errbody in the organization if that happens.

This years shit will be taken in the 2nd round. :dhd:

Status
Not open for further replies.