• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably missed it. I was looking at the league schedule. Counted 14 games so was trying to figure out the 2 teams who don't play. No need to be a dick about it. I clearly missed it. Not a big deal
oh no problem...

your welcome.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors by homicide.

jacobs.gif

But, I'm taking the Cavs when it counts for the Championship.
i think the Cavs are gonna need to see this Warriors team a few times play their game under real stakes/conditions before they really get it....

adjustments are huge in the playoffs in a 7 game series...having not seen the Warriors yet- i think the Cavs are at a disdavantage- as the Cavs are pretty much the same exact team the Warriors have seen (besides Love really playing better- which actually might be a tangible difference- but Love is mitigated the most against the Warriors anyway)....

I like the Cavs and LeBron's especially- ability to make adjustments...this game though? i think there is more at stake for the Warriors....all though- i am sure the Cavs will be playing to win in a big way

itll be interesting.

The Cavs defense is designed to funnel players into parts of the court that are low percentage shots---- i gotta give the Lakers credit the other day in that- the Cavs had them take a lot of the shots they have many teams take--- 3's that are far out on the wing- to young and clarksons credit- theywere hitting that night.

that strategy isnt a great strategy against the Warriors in my opinion because the Warriors shooting is so good- you cant count on them to shoot a normal percentage from those dead zones on the floor.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors and Cavs game will be interesting, but neither team will likely throw out all the stops to win. I think the game will essentially boil down to the following things:

Warriors
Ability to knock down open shots.
Defense of the pick and roll.
Rebounding.

Cavs
Ability to knock down 3's.
Ability to get to the rim.
Perimeter defense to disrupt continuity.

Which ever team comes closes to those goals above will win.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the NBA is making sure Warriors fans have a good start to the holidays. How nice of them.
LOL

We could be like LBJ and complain about the team having to travel to play on Xmas. :D

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did fine last year without Blake also. Once CP3 doesn't go down then they'll be fine in the regular season without Blake.
Yea they can still make the playoffs- but I expect to see them drop down to that 5 or 6 seed as usual.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With no games on December 24th, every team except the Knicks and Warriors will play on December 23rd.
Actually the Warriors are playing on 12/23- they will play the Pistons.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cavs chances on Sunday. Warriors have a tough week ahead of them in terms of travel. Cleveland will be their 3rd game in 4 nights and their 4th game in a different city this week.
No- they only have 3 road games this week with Cleveland being the 3rd.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea they can still make the playoffs- but I expect to see them drop down to that 5 or 6 seed as usual.

Na they will be fine. They have a good enough team. January is only 2 weeks away so you're probably talking about 10 games or less.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well- if we count their home game I guess it could be considered their 4th game in a different city. Not sure how significant that is though.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know they only have 3 games this week. Their other game is in Golden State which means they're playing in 4 different cities in a 6 day span

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well- if we count their home game I guess it could be considered their 4th game in a different city. Not sure how significant that is though.

Just a lot of travel. A lot of arriving in your hotel at 1 or 2 AM especially once they go on the road during that 3 in 4 game stretch.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they only have 3 games this week. Their other game is in Golden State which means they're playing in 4 different cities in a 6 day span
Yea I caught that...and already posted it. :D

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a lot of travel. A lot of arriving in your hotel at 1 or 2 AM especially once they go on the road during that 3 in 4 game stretch.
Since everyone is resting their guys (although I hate it) I think Kerr should rest his core against the Pistons on Friday & be fresh for Sunday's game.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since everyone is resting their guys (although I hate it) I think Kerr should rest his core against the Pistons on Friday & be fresh for Sunday's game.

I disagree. I think that sends a bad message to the players. That sets them up for a no-win situation, media wise. If the Warriors win, its because they rested their players to get an advantage. If the Warriors lose, it looks immensely worse because they had saved everything up for this game.

The Warriors don't need to do that for just another 1 out of 82 game. Because in the grand scheme of things, this game only counts as one more in the standings. The only outcome better than a Warriors win, would be a Warriors demolishing by the Cavs. I mean an absolute blow out by like 30. Seems counter-intuitive, but for the long term of this season, I would much rather prefer the Warriors lose this game by a large blow out.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think that sends a bad message to the players. That sets them up for a no-win situation, media wise. If the Warriors win, its because they rested their players to get an advantage. If the Warriors lose, it looks immensely worse because they had saved everything up for this game.

The Warriors don't need to do that for just another 1 out of 82 game. Because in the grand scheme of things, this game only counts as one more in the standings. The only outcome better than a Warriors win, would be a Warriors demolishing by the Cavs. I mean an absolute blow out by like 30. Seems counter-intuitive, but for the long term of this season, I would much rather prefer the Warriors lose this game by a large blow out.
Who cares what the media will say? That's always a no-win situation. If the Cavs win a lot of them will say it's because the Warriors were on the end of a road trip that included a back to back.

I think the wrong thing to do is try to appease the media or make decisions based on what they will/will not report.

But I agree with bks. The travel will be hard-especially with Thurs/Friday back to back games. The rest would help. I'm pretty sure they ALL want to play in the Xmas game- albeit for different reasons.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the Cavs are gonna need to see this Warriors team a few times play their game under real stakes/conditions before they really get it....

adjustments are huge in the playoffs in a 7 game series...having not seen the Warriors yet- i think the Cavs are at a disdavantage- as the Cavs are pretty much the same exact team the Warriors have seen (besides Love really playing better- which actually might be a tangible difference- but Love is mitigated the most against the Warriors anyway)....

I like the Cavs and LeBron's especially- ability to make adjustments...this game though? i think there is more at stake for the Warriors....all though- i am sure the Cavs will be playing to win in a big way

itll be interesting.

The Cavs defense is designed to funnel players into parts of the court that are low percentage shots---- i gotta give the Lakers credit the other day in that- the Cavs had them take a lot of the shots they have many teams take--- 3's that are far out on the wing- to young and clarksons credit- theywere hitting that night.

that strategy isnt a great strategy against the Warriors in my opinion because the Warriors shooting is so good- you cant count on them to shoot a normal percentage from those dead zones on the floor.
I can't wait to see how they try to defend against KD with Curry & Klay on the wings.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what the media will say? That's always a no-win situation. If the Cavs win a lot of them will say it's because the Warriors were on the end of a road trip that included a back to back.

I think the wrong thing to do is try to appease the media or make decisions based on what they will/will not report.

But I agree with bks. The travel will be hard-especially with Thurs/Friday back to back games. The rest would help. I'm pretty sure they ALL want to play in the Xmas game- albeit for different reasons.

I may have listed the media as a catalyst, but really it's more for the team. The best thing that happened to the Warriors this season was their blow out loss from the Spurs on opening night. There's no way around that. It showed them how much further they have to go to reach their ultimate goal. Last year the Warriors beat the Cavs twice, once in a close game at home and another blow out win in Cleveland. As we saw, that had zero impact on their finals performance.

The end goal is to reach the finals, healthy and playing at a high level. Going all out to beat the Cavs in a regular season matchup is just a bad look. There's no way around it. If the Warriors win, there's nothing tangible they can take away from the game other than they could beat the Cavs. The Warriors already know they're capable of this, but having to take additional rest to do so, is again a bad look.

Losing a game against the Cavs would be much more beneficial in the long run. I'm not even saying that the Warriors will lose, but if they gear up, and lose, that's going to be a blow to the psyche of the team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs are in a situation where their rotations are not even close to being set yet either---- I think we could see them potentially add up to 2 players at the trade/buyout deadline - and those guys might actually be guys they use....

With Anderson going down with injury- obviously he hardly played at all- but it leaves them with only 3 real "big men" - in Frye, Thompson and Love....

With the emergence of Liggins the need for another wing defender has lessened- but i dont know if they completely believe in Liggins--- and the guy who i think they were hoping would take a step up this year- McRae- has done next to nothing.

I could definitely see the Cavs adding a point guard at some point and a big man at some point- considering Mo Williams retirement/petulant complaining and Anderson's injury--- not major guys- maybe not even guys that would play in the playoffs- but guys that at least give them some depth.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss you on here. I guess you've been running from Wiggy? Don't let him stop you from posting on these boards

No I don't mind wiggy lol I've just been paying attention to fantasy football recently while watching my dubs lol. I promise I'll be on here more tho

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs are in a situation where their rotations are not even close to being set yet either---- I think we could see them potentially add up to 2 players at the trade/buyout deadline - and those guys might actually be guys they use....

With Anderson going down with injury- obviously he hardly played at all- but it leaves them with only 3 real "big men" - in Frye, Thompson and Love....

With the emergence of Liggins the need for another wing defender has lessened- but i dont know if they completely believe in Liggins--- and the guy who i think they were hoping would take a step up this year- McRae- has done next to nothing.

I could definitely see the Cavs adding a point guard at some point and a big man at some point- considering Mo Williams retirement/petulant complaining and Anderson's injury--- not major guys- maybe not even guys that would play in the playoffs- but guys that at least give them some depth.

Curious to see what they do. And can't wait for the Christmas game

Status
Not open for further replies.