• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With no games on December 24th, every team except the Knicks and Warriors will play on December 23rd.

I see the NBA is making sure Warriors fans have a good start to the holidays. How nice of them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like Griffin is out 2-3 weeks with minor knee surgery- that sure seems like a light estimate for knee surgery- no matter how light the cleanup.

at least the Clips seem a little better equipped this year to withstand his injury with Speights and Bass as competent backups.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Jones has taken 19 three-pointers this season and has made 14 of them. thats pretty funny....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like Griffin is out 2-3 weeks with minor knee surgery- that sure seems like a light estimate for knee surgery- no matter how light the cleanup.

at least the Clips seem a little better equipped this year to withstand his injury with Speights and Bass as competent backups.

They did fine last year without Blake also. Once CP3 doesn't go down then they'll be fine in the regular season without Blake.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would have guessed out of all the rebuilding t eams- that the one that you could argue has looked the best so far out of the Lakers, Sixers, Twolves, Nuggets, Suns, Magic--- is probably the Nuggets.

Nuggets also have some potential pretty decent trade assets as well in Galo and Faried....kind of interesting.

Mudiay at a dreadfull 37% shooting though- its why if you are a young guard shooting over 40%- while is not great- is fairly respectable for a young guard. (if you are also shooting at least 3 3's a game).

Erm...

I'll go Denver.

If healthy, they could surprise.

Jokic looks like a Stud.

Hopefully, Mudiay will be much better and should stop hero balling.

His biggest weakness' are shooting and turnovers.

With Gallo, Beasley and Murray there to spot up, that should minimize one of those issues.

They have enough talent with the guys already mentioned, plus Wilson Chandler, Gary Harris, Manimal, Nurkic.

Unfortunately, they are the land of broken toys.
Who will be this year's Blazers?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He needs to get that knee right.

They can't take another shit in the first round again.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cavs chances on Sunday. Warriors have a tough week ahead of them in terms of travel. Cleveland will be their 3rd game in 4 nights and their 4th game in a different city this week.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cavs chances on Sunday. Warriors have a tough week ahead of them in terms of travel. Cleveland will be their 3rd game in 4 nights and their 4th game in a different city this week.
you want a game that i can almost guarantee you lebron will sit out for maintenance?

its the 26th @ Detroit.

i do agree with you that most of this maintenance stuff is crazy- ESPECIALLY for guys that havent been in the postseason/Olympics last year and are likely to be in the playoffs again this year.

LeBron at 32 playing deep into the playoffs every year- giving us, the fans, those extra games every year more than makes out for the 5-6 games he will sit out- in my opinion at least.

seeing guys like Cousins do it? lol..like seriously what are you saving up for? your young, not going to the playoffs, and your resting? now THATs a joke.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally, I'd be blubbering.

I'm okay cause it's December.

More Mo Buckets and Bass.
yah...get him healthy and 100% ....missing a couple weeks and being off your legs a couple weeks in late december/early january relaly isnt the worst thing for an nba player- regardless

in years passed the bench bigs sucked- now at least they are decent in speights and bass.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warriors by homicide.

jacobs.gif

But, I'm taking the Cavs when it counts for the Championship.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want a game that i can almost guarantee you lebron will sit out for maintenance?

its the 26th @ Detroit.

i do agree with you that most of this maintenance stuff is crazy- ESPECIALLY for guys that havent been in the postseason/Olympics last year and are likely to be in the playoffs again this year.

LeBron at 32 playing deep into the playoffs every year- giving us, the fans, those extra games every year more than makes out for the 5-6 games he will sit out- in my opinion at least.

seeing guys like Cousins do it? lol..like seriously what are you saving up for? your young, not going to the playoffs, and your resting? now THATs a joke.

I don't mind the resting thing especially for a guy like Lebron who's been playing in June since 2011 but I just wish they did it at home. Or the NBA just need to change those ticket prices for the top teams.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill give the Warriors the advantage in this one- they have more to prove and the Cavs are playing a team they have never really seen before.

I think these games are important- not for who wins and loses- but so the Cavs can at least play them and get an idea of how they play, what will work, what adjustments will work--- because thsoe adjustments are everything in a 7 game series.

On the other hand- the Warriors really havent been tested much yet- so this might be one of the first real tests for them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, the Kings should be contacted.

I have never heard anyone describe Afflao as anything other than professional. So, he clearly isn't the problem.

Dave Carmichael: Worth following: according to league sources, Aaron Afflalo was slow to enter the game in Utah, declined to enter in Houston. Stay tuned.
trade him into the Cavs trade exception!!! i could deal with that!!

seriously though- what a dumpster fire in Sacramento....they actually OWE a bunch of draft picks out in the future too which is just disastrous. Cousins deserves a good amt. of the blame- because he is clearly a head case- but i gotta think that if he was in a stable environment with decent teammates his stock would be a lot higher.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1