• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not considering the following:

1) The other players on the court with Whiteside. For example Dragic and Babbitt are not good defenders by any means.

2) Extremely small sample size for the group when Whiteside is on the bench. He avg over 35 MPG. So you're talking about 6-7 minutes short spurts per half.

3) You're also not considering that the group with those defensive numbers are usually going up against the 2nd unit while a lot of times when Whiteside is on the court, the heat are facing a starting unit or 80% of the starting unit

4) You would also need to actually watch the games to even make such a ridiculous assumption. Tonight is a great example of that. Wall and Beal absolutely went off. Had nothing to do with Whiteside as they were mostly hitting jumpshots over our guards but somehow this is Whiteside fault in your head. And of course the defensive numbers were better with Whiteside on the bench because that is when the Wizards had most of their 2nd unit in

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not claiming its a perfect stat - far from it....a perfect stat doesnt exist....but it is surely not coincidence.

i mean- the bread and butter of basically every offense in the NBA is the pick and roll- besides a couple....(Warriors and Cavs arent really pick and roll teams per se i guess- some other teams arent either).... and Whiteside makes the Heat's offense incredibly vulnerable to it- everyone just attacks it right off the bat.

Do you even watch Heat games? Yes or no?

The fact that you're out here making assumptions when you don't watch Heat games is incredible. I'm not here judging any other team in the league or pointing out a specific player on a team if I don't actually watch the games to see what their issue is

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just a complete butt hurt moron.
Whiteside and Dragic have both been very good.
Fuck any team stats, because our projected shitty team when whole, has been in tact for exactly 1 game this season.

Whiteside has shown how much he has grown and matured. He's now viewed as a leader.

I guess you're seeing your projected meltdow(s) probably aren't happening, so now you start with this bullshit.

Wizards went small as much as the coukd tonight, and basically the whole 4th qtr because they wanted no part of dealing with Whiteside.
you come with subjective bullshit. I come with numbers. Fair enough. ;)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside and Dragic have both been very good.
Fuck any team stats, because our projected shitty team when whole, has been in tact for exactly 1 game this season.

Whiteside has shown how much he has grown and matured. He's now viewed as a leader.

I guess you're seeing your projected meltdow(s) probably aren't happening, so now you start with this bullshit.

Wizards went small as much as the coukd tonight, and basically the whole 4th qtr because they wanted no part of dealing with Whiteside.

The fact that he's blaming Whiteside for every team in a team sport shows the loser that he is. It is pretty much like placing all the blame on a DT in the NFL for your defense being trash.

Still waiting for him to tell us why were the Heat a top defensive team for about the first month of the season when they were healthy but magically just dropped off when the injuries to the perimeter players started to pile up.

Simple basketball IQ would tell you that defense starts with your perimeter guys. If they can't stay in front of their man then your defense will struggle because that's where the breakdowns start

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so many factors to consider and you're considering none. On top of that you obviously don't watch Heat games so you can't even explain how this is a Whiteside only issue

Absolute waste of time.
He either just doesn't get it, doesn't want to get it, or is just a giant troll.

We get multi paragraph Kyrie posts after most Cavs wins, but why not posts about how horrible his win % is without James on the court with him?

Stats are stats.
Easy to pick and choose ones you want.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone can go on espn or nba.com and find numbers. Once again how many Heat games have you watched? Where is the film of Whiteside being the reason for this? We're all waiting

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not considering the following:

1) The other players on the court with Whiteside. For example Dragic and Babbitt are not good defenders by any means.

2) Extremely small sample size for the group when Whiteside is on the bench. He avg over 35 MPG. So you're talking about 6-7 minutes short spurts per half.

3) You're also not considering that the group with those defensive numbers are usually going up against the 2nd unit while a lot of times when Whiteside is on the court, the heat are facing a starting unit or 80% of the starting unit

4) You would also need to actually watch the games to even make such a ridiculous assumption. Tonight is a great example of that. Wall and Beal absolutely went off. Had nothing to do with Whiteside as they were mostly hitting jumpshots over our guards but somehow this is Whiteside fault in your head. And of course the defensive numbers were better with Whiteside on the bench because that is when the Wizards had most of their 2nd unit in
i think that by and large (for the most part) these are very logical counter points to a stat that looks reall really fucking bad on its face- as rating per 100 possessions is probaly one of the better stats we have.

as always- i can acknowledge that the truth lies somewhere in between- but in no way shape or form can you out of hand discount the fact that the difference between 117 and 94 over a 10 game period is without a doubt statistically significant- unless you are willing to just slash and burn any ounce of credibility you might have.

the facts are- Whiteside just doesnt help you win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love the way he completely ignores the fact that the Heat were a top 5 defense when both Winslow and Waiters were healthy

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's Kyries win % - James?
What's Loves win % - James?
Please share those numbers with us.

I'll share another number with you, 6.
That's the number of teams who were dying to take Whiteside on a max.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that by and large (for the most part) these are very logical counter points to a stat that looks reall really fucking bad on its face- as rating per 100 possessions is probaly one of the better stats we have.

as always- i can acknowledge that the truth lies somewhere in between- but in no way shape or form can you out of hand discount the fact that the difference between 117 and 94 over a 10 game period is without a doubt statistically significant- unless you are willing to just slash and burn any ounce of credibility you might have.

Explain to me why the Heat defense were top 5 across the board up until they were missing both Waiters and Winslow? The drop off basically started when Waiters joined Winslow in a suit on the Heat bench but yeah its all on Whiteside

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course you turn to insults when you have nothing else to stand on.

Butthurt?

lol

Cavaliers 17-5 first place

Miami Heat- 8-17 13th place.

if this is butt-hurt- BOHICA!!!! ill have to load on ky. lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the facts are- Whiteside just doesnt help you win.

Whiteside doesn't help us win?

Is that so?
Are we losing a bunch of games we're supposed to win?

Whiteside at least usually keeps us competitive.

That constant same reasoning by you is moronic.

How much are Cousins, Drummond, and the others helping there teams win?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Whiteside is the issue with the Heat defense, how do you explain them being a top 5 defense for the first month of the season? I'll wait

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course you turn to insults when you have nothing else to stand on.

Butthurt?

lol

Cavaliers 17-5 first place

Miami Heat- 8-17 13th place.

if this is butt-hurt- BOHICA!!!! ill have to load on ky. lol.

Does that 17-5 change your life/lifestyle?
I know the Heats record doesn't affect mine.
Even losing, they're still usually pretty entertaining.
Good enough for me this season.

And nothing to go to?
BK and I both countered with accurate points and counter questions.
Obviously you can't/won't answer.

If you can't handle being called a moron, then perhaps back off the moronic posts.

Whiteside has been very good ( and sorry, no meltdowns).

You don't watch the games = You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

#fact

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Whiteside is the issue with the Heat defense, how do you explain them being a top 5 defense for the first month of the season? I'll wait

No chance he'll even attempt to answer.
Just another case of googling something by him that has backfired in his face.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course @WiggyRuss gets schooled, then put his tail between his legs and is gone.

Please cone back and answer the questions asked.

#somethingsneverchange

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course @WiggyRuss gets schooled, then put his tail between his legs and is gone.

Please cone back and answer the questions asked.

#somethingsneverchange
i post a simple stat and you lose your little mind and get insulting....it just cracks me up. :lol:

the exact stat the says exactly what i have been saying all along...whitesides blocks are fun to watch- but a player like him who is a total liability in the pick and roll- is death to a defense. he just simply does not help you win.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i post a simple stat and you lose your little mind and get insulting....it just cracks me up. :lol:

the exact stat the says exactly what i have been saying all along...whitesides blocks are fun to watch- but a player like him who is a total liability in the pick and roll- is death to a defense. he just simply does not help you win.

Except as BK pointed out, when healthy, even with a shitty offensive roster, even minus Bosh or anything to replace his salary, the Heat were league top 5 in D.

And tell us again, what games are we losing because of him or at all that we're supposed to win?

Heat with Whiteside last year, minus Bosh, came up 1 win short of playing in the ECF.

Whiteside CERTAINLY can be a key player on a winning roster, but like any other player, you aren't winning under the circumstances the Heat are dealing with this season.

And, still waiting for you to answer the questions vs spewing the same shit that we showed was irrelevant in concept.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for someone to explain how Whiteside is chasing blocks? His blocks numbers are down for the 2nd straight year.

Status
Not open for further replies.