• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 points from James Johnson and Richardson off the bench. Johnson came back tonight. Richardson came back Saturday. Winslow doesn't sound too far away.

Dragic is really playing well right now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 points from James Johnson and Richardson off the bench. Johnson came back tonight. Richardson came back Saturday. Winslow doesn't sound too far away.

i

24. Miami Heat
2016-17 record: 7-17
Previous ranking: 21
rd-arrow.png

Turns out that injuries aren't the Heat's only obstacle during this humbling launch to life post-Dwyane Wade. As noted the other day by our pal Tom Haberstroh, Miami recently endured a 10-game stretch in which it surrendered a seemingly unfathomable 117 points per 100 possessions with the blocks-obsessed Hassan Whiteside on the floor, and only 93.9 points per 100 possessions when its box-score-filling machine was sitting. And then the Heat lost to the Bulls for a second time this season ... with D-Wade scoring 28 points to twist the knife.

1. Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh Dec 9
    Spo benched Whiteside after Cavs scored at a ridiculous 144 points per 100 possessions tonight while he was on floor. Been the trend lately.

10 replies33 retweets70 likes
om HaberstrohVerified account‏@tomhaberstroh
In last 10 games, Heat have surrendered a horrid 117.0 points per 100 poss to opponents with Whiteside on the floor. (93.9 w/ him on bench)

surprise surprise- the Heats defense is better without the cherry-picker of blocks on the floor. lol....you just cant have a guy who is totally and completely helpless/incompetent in the pick and roll on the court like that if you want to have a solid defense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i

24. Miami Heat
2016-17 record: 7-17
Previous ranking: 21
rd-arrow.png

Turns out that injuries aren't the Heat's only obstacle during this humbling launch to life post-Dwyane Wade. As noted the other day by our pal Tom Haberstroh, Miami recently endured a 10-game stretch in which it surrendered a seemingly unfathomable 117 points per 100 possessions with the blocks-obsessed Hassan Whiteside on the floor, and only 93.9 points per 100 possessions when its box-score-filling machine was sitting. And then the Heat lost to the Bulls for a second time this season ... with D-Wade scoring 28 points to twist the knife.

1. Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh Dec 9
    Spo benched Whiteside after Cavs scored at a ridiculous 144 points per 100 possessions tonight while he was on floor. Been the trend lately.

10 replies33 retweets70 likes
om HaberstrohVerified account‏@tomhaberstroh
In last 10 games, Heat have surrendered a horrid 117.0 points per 100 poss to opponents with Whiteside on the floor. (93.9 w/ him on bench)

surprise surprise- the Heats defense is better without the cherry-picker of blocks on the floor. lol....you just cant have a guy who is totally and completely helpless/incompetent in the pick and roll on the court like that if you want to have a solid defense.

Yes the Heat suck. What's your point again?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Heat suck. What's your point again?
the point of the post was - yes they do suck- but they especially suck defensively when ole Blancote is on the court. did you see that stat? the difference between 93 points per 100 possessions and 117 points per 100 possessions is absolutely staggering.

its the difference between being a historically good offense like Golden State- and being a pretty terrible offense like Orlando. While Whiteside is on the court- every team is bascially the Golden State Warriors offensively.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's such a cherry picker for blocks that his block numbers are at a career low....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point of the post was - yes they do suck- but they especially suck defensively when ole Blancote is on the court.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the Heat 2 best perimeter defenders missing most of those games. Defense is a team activity. One player doesn't turn you into a bad defense or a great defense. Defense is about communication, rotations, and etc. Usually when you don't have solid perimeter defense your defense will struggle

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also since you seen all these 10 Heat games, tell us what Hassan is doing so wrong in those games? I'll be waiting for your analysis. While you're at it pull some video from each of those 10 games analyzing the play and tell us how Whiteside was at fault for every play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tweet from a few days ago. But Wiggy will continue to act like Whiteside is the issue. Waiters been out for a while. Winslow been out for a month. Johnson just came back tonight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's also just completely ignore the fact that Miami was a top 5 defensive team when Winslow and Waiters were healthy and playing. Now they're a middle of the pack defense.....But yeah its all on Hassan.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take away 2 or 3 of your best perimeter defenders and your defense will struggle. Not exactly rocket science.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll was brought in to be a Lebron stopper.

Psst....there is no such animal.

Kawhi can limit him, make him work harder on both ends.

Durant can match his scoring output.

Other than those two, good luck.

Carroll was fools gold in Atlanta.

The Raptors can be painful to watch if DeRozan is off.

They could use another scorer when Lowry starts laying eggs in the Post Season.
well nobody is going to stop LeBron, but certain guys can slow him down more than others. Look at Toronto- who would even cover LeBron without Carroll?

Im just looking at Toronto and their offense is basically tied with Golden States for the most efficient in the league, both at 114 points per 100 possessions- which is pretty insanely good- not just good- like freaking amazing.--i just looked at the passed 10 years and it would basically make them the best offense ever if they kept that up. GSW was only at 112 last year- only thing i saw close was Suns in 08-09 at 111.

What Toronto is doing offensively right now is downright ABSURD.

Cleveland's offense is amazing and they are only at 112 per 100 possessions.

Toronto is 2nd in field goal percentage in the entire league at 47.5% from the field and they are 4th in points in the entire NBA. Their offense has been out of this world.

Its hard for me to see how a guard who is historically pretty damn inefficient would help them more than a SF who can at least be somewhat respectable against the East's bevy of scoring wings in the East like LeBron, Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Carmelo Anthony etc....all teams they might see in the playoffs.

I mean Terrence Ross can easily play the backup 2/3 role..and hes shooting almost 50% from the floor and plays way more defense than Lou Williams.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hilarious. if the Cavs win he can't WAIT to post every detail about it...

effin hypocrite...:heh:

Dude is such a loser. The Heat win. I didn't even mention Whiteside in my post but he comes here to bash the guy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that has nothing to do with the Heat 2 best perimeter defenders missing most of those games. Defense is a team activity. One player doesn't turn you into a bad defense or a great defense. Defense is about communication, rotations, and etc. Usually when you don't have solid perimeter defense your defense will struggle
i just dont see how that is at all relevant to that stat---- its not comparing between early in the year and now- its comparing WITH him on the Court, and WITHOUT him on the court.

I would think that if anything the shortening of the bench through injury would make the reserve unit even worse seeing as how Whiteside starts....but despite that...somehow- the team in the last 10 games gives up OVER 22 points more per 100 possessions when he plays compared to when he sits. I mean- thats just indisputable.

on the floor- 117 pts..basically your playing the Warriors on one of their good nights.

or- 93.9 pts--- basically the Orlando Magic offense....

thats the difference. I would LOVE to hear an explanation on how that is not significant.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We should start Richardson once Waiters comes back.
Let Waiters play the most when Dragic is out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont see how that is at all relevant to that stat---- its not comparing between early in the year and now- its comparing WITH him on the Court, and WITHOUT him on the court.

I would think that if anything the shortening of the bench through injury would make the reserve unit even worse seeing as how Whiteside starts....but despite that...somehow- the team in the last 10 games gives up OVER 22 points more per 100 possessions when he plays compared to when he sits. I mean- thats just indisputable.

There's so many factors to consider and you're considering none. On top of that you obviously don't watch Heat games so you can't even explain how this is a Whiteside only issue

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so many factors to consider and you're considering none. On top of that you obviously don't watch Heat games so you can't even explain how this is a Whiteside only issue
im not claiming its a perfect stat - far from it....a perfect stat doesnt exist....but it is surely not coincidence.

i mean- the bread and butter of basically every offense in the NBA is the pick and roll- besides a couple....(Warriors and Cavs arent really pick and roll teams per se i guess- some other teams arent either).... and Whiteside makes the Heat's offense incredibly vulnerable to it- everyone just attacks it right off the bat.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think that if anything the shortening of the bench through injury would make the reserve unit even worse seeing as how Whiteside starts....but despite that...somehow- the team in the last 10 games gives up OVER 23 points more per 100 possessions when he plays compared to when he sits. I mean- thats just indisputable.

You're just a complete butt hurt moron.
Whiteside and Dragic have both been very good.
Fuck any team stats, because our projected shitty team when whole, has been in tact for exactly 1 game this season.

Whiteside has shown how much he has grown and matured. He's now viewed as a leader.

I guess you're seeing your projected meltdow(s) probably aren't happening, so now you start with this bullshit.

Wizards went small as much as the coukd tonight, and basically the whole 4th qtr because they wanted no part of dealing with Whiteside.

Status
Not open for further replies.