• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Whiteside is the issue with the Heat defense, how do you explain them being a top 5 defense for the first month of the season? I'll wait

Do you ever plan on answering this question or nah?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever plan on answering this question or nah?
i dont even know what you are talking about...during the first, what month of the season? 12 games or something? surprise- surprise- injuries happen- to every team. The Heat arent the only ones with substantial injuries in the NBA right now- and you can tell when mgmt. is telling guys to take it easy....kyrie irving sat every time he had a hang nail when the Cavs were tanking...if the playoffs were on the line i wonder how many guys would be babying injuries..

-and- i do not know what metric you are using- if you go by per 100 possessions or opposing field goal percentage- which are probably the 2 best indicators, the Heat are right now right in the middle- to the low end.

and i am laughing my ass off you trying to pass DION WAITERS off as a guy who is a plus defender. His agent couldnt sell that shit with a straight face.....could you imagine that negotiation-

"We are offering you 3 million for Dion"

"cmon, the guy can slash to the basket- is a decent shooter, very athletic, a plus defender"

"really? plus defender? you are his agent- you know him better than anyone"

"yah...sorry...i could barely spit that out"

OUR DEFENSE GOT WORSE BECAUSE DION WAITERS GOT HURT....lol....omg...i mean....that is a new one for me.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont even know what you are talking about...during the first, what month of the season? 12 games or something? surprise- surprise- injuries happen- to every team. The Heat arent the only ones with substantial injuries in the NBA right now- and you can tell when mgmt. is telling guys to take it easy....kyrie irving sat every time he had a hang nail when the Cavs were tanking...if the playoffs were on the line i wonder how many guys would be babying injuries..

-and- i do not know what metric you are using- if you go by per 100 possessions or opposing field goal percentage- which are probably the 2 best indicators, the Heat are right now right in the middle- to the low end.

and i am laughing my ass off you trying to pass DION WAITERS off as a guy who is a plus defender. His agent couldnt sell that shit with a straight face.....could you imagine that negotiation-

"We are offering you 3 million for Dion"

"cmon, the guy can slash to the basket- is a decent shooter, very athletic, a plus defender"

"really? plus defender? you are his agent- you know him better than anyone"

"yah...sorry...i could barely spit that out"

OUR DEFENSE GOT WORSE BECAUSE DION WAITERS GOT HURT....lol....omg...i mean....that is a new one for me.

Still can't answer the question lmao

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't answer the question lmao
i dont even know what you are talking about. you give zero metric, you give zero time frame. you would be laughed at if you said such a stupid thing with absolutely no backup. at least backup your statements with some semblance of evidence instead of some general subjective bullshit statement.

what metric are you referencing as a "Top 5" defense, and for what time frame? you just pull some generic bullshit statement out of your ass. at least give SOME kind of evidence to bolster your credibility instead of just rambling---- at least then you/we can have some kind of debate.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be on the floor together IMO
Ingram looks positively lost right now- which isnt a good sign from a 2nd overall pick. He is only 19- but a lot of the time you can see right off the bat if a guy has it or not. Kyrie- you could see had it. Porzingis- had it. Even Russell had some prolific games early on. etc. etc....

Its obviously extremely early to make a projection on a guy and i like Ingram's long term potential al ot- but some guys hit the NBA running and you can just see the talent and the ability to translate to the NBA game. Its gonna be a work in progress for this guy it looks like.

He doesnt appear to be one of those studs like Kyrie or Towns or Davis or Wiggins or Porzingis or even Russell who balls right off the bat-- maybe not consistently- but puts up that game once in a while wear you see- YAH - thats the guy we drafted..

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont even know what you are talking about. you give zero metric, you give zero time frame. you would be laughed at if you said such a stupid thing with absolutely no backup. at least backup your statements with some semblance of evidence instead of some general subjective bullshit statement.

what metric are you referencing as a "Top 5" defense, and for what time frame? you just pull some generic bullshit statement out of your ass. at least give SOME kind of evidence to bolster your credibility instead of just rambling---- at least then you/we can have some kind of debate.

I clearly said the firsr month of the season. Are you dumb? The Heat were top 5 in defensive efficiency for the first month of the season which is from October 26th til November 26th. Waiters joinee winslow on the bench on November 28th.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clearly said the firsr month of the season. Are you dumb? The Heat were top 5 in defensive efficiency for the first month of the season which is from October 26th til November 26th. Waiters joinee winslow on the bench on November 28th.
ohh 17 games lol...and you still havent provided any kind of stat- or what stat you are even referencing. what a fucking joke. 17 games where they went 4-13...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh 17 games lol...and you still havent provided any kind of stat- or what stat you are even referencing. what a fucking joke.

Is 17 games not more than 10 games you dumb fuck? You brought up a 10 game sample when the Heat had several perimeter player injured but using a 17 game sample is now an issue?

I don't have to provide an exact stat because i check those defensive numbers frequently. I do know the Heat were top 5 in def eff and opp fg% until the injuries started to build up

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell us what whiteside is doing wrong since you watch all these heat games ? Tell me how he is chasing blocks when his blocks is at a career low.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is 17 games not more than 10 games you dumb fuck? You brought up a 10 game sample when the Heat had several perimeter player injured but using a 17 game sample is now an issue?

I don't have to provide an exact stat because i check those defensive numbers frequently. I do know the Heat were top 5 in def eff and opp fg% until the injuries started to build up
"i dont have an exact stat- or any stat- but its top 5- trust me- we were 4-13 with a top 5 defense"

smh....unbelievable.

and i am assuming your cutoff is the Memphis game where you gave up 110 points on 50% shooting from the field. and followed it up the next game by giving up 112 to the Celtics on 48% shooting.

so yah--- top 5 D...they went 4-13--- and dont ask for a stat to back it up- or even what stat i am referencing- becuase there isnt one- I cant even tell you what i am basing my subjective BS on. lol..its just urneal.

can you at least answer what you would base such a notion of a top 5 defense off of? was it FG % against? points per 100 possessions? or did you just plain pull it out of your ass and have nothing to ACTUALLY back up the claim?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"i dont have an exact stat- or any stat- but its top 5- trust me- we were 4-13 with a top 5 defense"

smh....unbelievable.

and i am assuming your cutoff is the Memphis game where you gave up 110 points on 50% shooting from the field. and followed it up the next game by giving up 112 to the Celtics on 48% shooting.

so yah--- top 5 D...they went 4-13--- and dont ask for a stat to back it up- or even what stat i am referencing- becuase there isnt one- I cant even tell you what i am basing my subjective BS on. lol..its just urneal.

I didn't cut off the Memphis game. I cutoff the celtics game because that's when both waiters and winslow were out

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well i at least gave you a stat--- points allowed per 100 possessions- which- while isnt perfect, is generally regarded as one of the better stats to express how well a defense is playing- along with opposing field goal percentage and some others.

you? cant cite a stat...the team had a 4-13 record- but trust me- it was a top 5 defense all went to hell when a 21 year old Justice Winslow and DION WAITERS got hurt. LOL

dude...im honestly laughing my ass off right now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is away you can sort team defensive stats by day of the season then I'll provide it to you. What does 4-13 have to do with anything ? They obviously have their struggles on offense which was the reason for the record even though they were shutting most teams down

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i at least gave you a stat--- points allowed per 100 possessions- which- while isnt perfect, is generally regarded as one of the better stats to express how well a defense is playing- along with opposing field goal percentage and some others.

you? cant cite a stat...the team had a 4-13 record- but trust me- it was a top 5 defense all went to hell when a 21 year old Justice Winslow and DION WAITERS got hurt. LOL

dude...im honestly laughing my ass off right now.

So there's no way a team can still have a bad record with a top defense ? Is that what you're saying ?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what's the application process for the Heat bandwagon?

Join the 76ers fanbase. It's great. You'll never be disappointed because you'll never actually expect to win. There's always next year. And we have a great slogan with "Trust the Process."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there's no way a team can still have a bad record with a top defense ? Is that what you're saying ?
what i am saying is actually cite some stat other than subjective bullshit backed up by saying Dion Waiters is the missing link.

When showing how the defense TANKS when Whiteside is on the court- i provided a credible stat to back it up. You have thus far provided NOTHING but your own subjective bullshit which is backed by a 4-13 record.

Can you at least give us some KIND of idea what you would base such a statement on?

"They were a top 5 defense until 21 year old Justice Winslow got hurt and Dion Waiters got hurt- i cant cite any kind of stat to back that up- and the team had a 4-13 record- but TRUST ME- it was top 5"

do you realize how fucking stupid that sounds?

I mean- maybe you do have a legit argument- but we would NEVER know because you put nothing on the table to backup your opinion- and from the outside looking in- when someone is trying to tell me how good their defense is when the team sucks and uses Dion Waiters as an excuse why the defense is tanking- my first impulse is to think that person is crazy....wouldnt you?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except as BK pointed out, when healthy, even with a shitty offensive roster, even minus Bosh or anything to replace his salary, the Heat were league top 5 in D.

And tell us again, what games are we losing because of him or at all that we're supposed to win?

Heat with Whiteside last year, minus Bosh, came up 1 win short of playing in the ECF.

Whiteside CERTAINLY can be a key player on a winning roster, but like any other player, you aren't winning under the circumstances the Heat are dealing with this season.

And, still waiting for you to answer the questions vs spewing the same shit that we showed was irrelevant in concept.

Bingo. All the other talk is white noise. Miami is not a very good team this year. Maybe they can build toward something. Whiteside and Dragic are good players. Winslow is decent. Not sure about anyone else. I think they will probably be middle-to-bottom of the league for at least a couple years. They lost LeBron, Wade, and Bosh in a matter of 2 years. That's hard to recover from.

Status
Not open for further replies.