• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching the Knicks this year? Watched their game last night. That Porzingis guy is the real deal.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evolution of the big man.

I thought this kid was gonna be a bust.

Along with Westbrook and Greek Freak, he has been my favorite player to watch this Season.

th

literally laughed on draft day when the Knicks picked this kid. damn near fell outta my chair, in fact...

I was wrong, too...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how our convo went:

LAD - You need to come back to the Hoop.

Mecca - Make Me !!!

*I'm the one in the blue shorts.*

11111111111111.gif

#PimpHandIsStrong
Hahahaaha girl you got jokes!!!

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
literally laughed on draft day when the Knicks picked this kid. damn near fell outta my chair, in fact...

I was wrong, too...

Drafting Porzingis "WAS A DISGRACE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER" !!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is Lou Will is kinda exactly what Toronto needs at this point. He's so much better than Carroll. Brings more to the table IMO
i dont agree with that at all- Williams would just take shots away from Lowry and DeRozan---- Carroll was signed to play SF and defend other wings- Williams is a huge liability defensively. I would say Toronto is one of the teams that LEAST needs another volume back court scorer. That doesnt make any sense to me at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

I think they thought Corey Joseph was the answer or maybe Ross.

You need to add their scoring total together to match what Williams is doing this year with the Lakers.

Bird in the hand is worth more than the Bush.

ps. At first I thought it was just Carroll being hurt.

But, no...

He's a bad fit.
why would they need Lou Williams? they used that money on Carroll instead because Carroll has a lot better size, plays SF, and would be the guy guarding opposing wings like LeBron, Paul George, Carmelo Anthony etc--

Lou Williams is just another volume back court scorer that is less efficient (though this year he is playing efficiently) and less talented then the two volume back court scorers the Raptors already have.

I think the Raptors could use a power forward a HELLUVA lot more than a volume shooting guard who is not good as there other 2 volume shooting guards.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching the Knicks this year? Watched their game last night. That Porzingis guy is the real deal.
The Knicks are 14-10

their wins are against:

Memphis
Chicago
Brooklyn
Dallas
Detroit
Atlanta
Portland
Charlotte
Minnesota
Sacramento
Miami
Sacramento again
LA Lakers

-what are their best wins? Memphis on opening night, Chicago after that....and what else? I guess Detroit is decent, Atlanta is decent...Charlotte is good- they split games with Charlotte.....but all in all that is a weak-ass schedule

in the East they have lost to Boston, Toronto and Cleveland- no wins against any of the 3 supposedly best teams in the East

. The only decent western team they have played is Memphis on opening night (which is usually kind of screwy), and Oklahoma City and they lost-- unless you count Portland ( a win) as a good team (i dont).

In the West- they havent yet played Golden State, San Antonio, La Clippers, - the 3 best teams in the West. I mean- they have won 5 of 6...the loss is when the Cavs beat hte shit out of them- the win are Minnesota, Minnesota, Scaramento, Minami, Sacramento, LAL...the dregs of the NBA. I think they are gonna have a helluva time even finishing .500

do you know how many teams in the NBA have a record over .500 and a negative point differential?

exactly 1

the Knicks.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont agree with that at all- Williams would just take shots away from Lowry and DeRozan---- Carroll was signed to play SF and defend other wings- Williams is a huge liability defensively. I would say Toronto is one of the teams that LEAST needs another volume back court scorer. That doesnt make any sense to me at all.

Toronto need another scorer..... They're going nowhere just depending on Lowry and DeRozan to do most of the scoring in the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks are 14-10

their wins are against:

Memphis
Chicago
Brooklyn
Dallas
Detroit
Atlanta
Portland
Charlotte
Minnesota
Sacramento
Miami
Sacramento again
LA Lakers

-what are their best wins? Memphis on opening night, Chicago after that....and what else? I guess Detroit is decent, Atlanta is decent...Charlotte is good- they split games with Charlotte.....but all in all that is a weak-ass schedule

in the East they have lost to Boston, Toronto and Cleveland- no wins against any of the 3 supposedly best teams in the East

. The only decent western team they have played is Memphis on opening night (which is usually kind of screwy), and Oklahoma City and they lost-- unless you count Portland ( a win) as a good team (i dont).

In the West- they havent yet played Golden State, San Antonio, La Clippers, - the 3 best teams in the West. I mean- they have won 5 of 6...the loss is when the Cavs beat hte shit out of them- the win are Minnesota, Minnesota, Scaramento, Minami, Sacramento, LAL...the dregs of the NBA. I think they are gonna have a helluva time even finishing .500

do you know how many teams in the NBA have a record over .500 and a negative point differential?

exactly 1

the Knicks.

If you beat up on most of the bad teams, you can easily get 45+ wins which would be good enough for a top 5 seed in the east probably. There's not a lot of very good teams in the league. There's much more mediocre/bad teams. If they keep taking care of business vs those teams then they will be fine.

They're 7-8 vs teams over ,500
7-2 vs teams under .500

Keep up this pace and they'll finish with 45-48 wins

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at last year Heat and Hornets team, they're a great example of what the Knicks need to do to get to 48 wins or in that area. Miami went 24-26 vs teams over .500 and 24-8 vs teams below .500

Charlotte went 22-26 and 26-8

Go back to 2 seasons ago. Toronto finish with 49 wins and only won 15 games vs teams over .500

Point is if you do your job against the bad teams. Finishing with 45-49 wins isn't that difficult when you slap around the bad teams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you beat up on most of the bad teams, you can easily get 45+ wins which would be good enough for a top 5 seed in the east probably. There's not a lot of very good teams in the league. There's much more mediocre/bad teams. If they keep taking care of business vs those teams then they will be fine.

They're 7-8 vs teams over ,500
7-2 vs teams under .500

Keep up this pace and they'll finish with 45-48 wins
they wont finish anywhere near .500 against teams with a record of over .500- they have barely played any elite teams yet. They have played the Western cupcakes for the most part--- still have 6 games against he Spurs/Clips/Warriors....2 against the Cavs, 3 against hte Celtics, 3 against the Raptors....they played practially no games against hte top 3 in each conference yet.

i can smell an avatar bet here if you would like....45 as the over/under?

its obvious they have been fluky- the only team in the NBA with a negative point differential.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they wont finish anywhere near .500 against teams with a record of over .500- they have barely played any elite teams yet. They have played the Western cupcakes for the most part--- still have 6 games against he Spurs/Clips/Warriors....2 against the Cavs, 3 against hte Celtics, 3 against the Raptors....they played practially no games against hte top 3 in each conference yet.

i can smell an avatar bet here if you would like....45 as the over/under?

You keep bringing up elite teams like those are the only teams who finish above .500

Yeah they'll have a shit record against the elite teams. What about the other teams who finish over .500 who are the same level as them?

And I would never make an av bet on the Knicks. I can't stand them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they already picked up 6 wins against teams who I believe will finish over .500 but won't be competing for a title. Have to think they end up with about 17-19 wins against those type of teams and probably pick up 1 or 2 wins against the elite team and rack up close to 30 wins against the bad teams....assuming they don't suffer any season changing injuries

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would they need Lou Williams? they used that money on Carroll instead because Carroll has a lot better size, plays SF, and would be the guy guarding opposing wings like LeBron, Paul George, Carmelo Anthony etc--

Lou Williams is just another volume back court scorer that is less efficient (though this year he is playing efficiently) and less talented then the two volume back court scorers the Raptors already have.

I think the Raptors could use a power forward a HELLUVA lot more than a volume shooting guard who is not good as there other 2 volume shooting guards.

Carroll was brought in to be a Lebron stopper.

Psst....there is no such animal.

Kawhi can limit him, make him work harder on both ends.

Durant can match his scoring output.

Other than those two, good luck.

Carroll was fools gold in Atlanta.

The Raptors can be painful to watch if DeRozan is off.

They could use another scorer when Lowry starts laying eggs in the Post Season.

Status
Not open for further replies.