• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken... these are the possible seed outcomes for Miami

npghhj.jpg

Pacers: @ PHI, vs ATL
Bulls: vs ORL, vs BRK
Heat: vs CLE, vs WAS

There's one more possibility I didn't consider.

If the Bucks lose to the Hornets and Celtics and the Bulls and Heat win out... they would be in a 3-way tie and the Bulls lose that tiebreaker... leaving the Heat at #8.

AND... if the Pacers join that tie by going 1-1.. it'd be a 4-way tie and the Heat would actually win the tiebreaker and get the #6 seed. That'd be crazy.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are on a 4 game win streak, which haven't been done in 4 years. What a bad time to do it.

I agree with Trojan Fan. As a fan, you want to see the team improve and they are starting to figure out how to close out games.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers better lose their pick now, don't expect it to happen though because the NBA wants them to be good so having LAL survive the "random" lottery keeping the pick is best for them.

They are still the 3rd worst team in the league.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Bucks lose to the Hornets and Celtics and the Bulls and Heat win out... they would be in a 3-way tie and the Bulls lose that tiebreaker... leaving the Heat at #8.

AND... if the Pacers join that tie by going 1-1.. it'd be a 4-way tie and the Heat would actually win the tiebreaker and get the #6 seed. That'd be crazy.

Why do standings show Bucks have already clinched?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do standings show Bucks have already clinched?

The Bucks have clinched the playoffs no matter what. Because in this scenario.. it would be the Bulls who would lose out on the tiebreaker.

The Heat lose the tiebreaker to the Bulls if its just the 2 of them. BUT... if the Bucks and/or Pacers get involved in a 3 or 4 way tie... the Bulls loseout on the tiebreaker and the playoffs - and the Heat get in.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Bucks part is that crazy especially assuming Boston still needs that game. The Hornets are not that bad but as I said before the Heat need to do their job and find a way to beat Cleveland tonight just so they can have a chance on Wednesday. All of this means nothing if we don't win tonight.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Bucks part is that crazy especially assuming Boston still needs that game. The Hornets are not that bad but as I said before the Heat need to do their job and find a way to beat Cleveland tonight just so they can have a chance on Wednesday. All of this means nothing if we don't win tonight.

Yeah, its actually not that crazy of scenario... but it does require the Heat to win out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks have clinched the playoffs no matter what. Because in this scenario.. it would be the Bulls who would lose out on the tiebreaker.

The Heat lose the tiebreaker to the Bulls if its just the 2 of them. BUT... if the Bucks and/or Pacers get involved in a 3 or 4 way tie... the Bulls loseout on the tiebreaker and the playoffs - and the Heat get in.

tenor.gif

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My brain exploded for the 2nd time in hearing these playoff scenarios.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG

I think this is the first time i can ever remember that the Cavs lost and i didnt have any alerts from people saying how bad the defending champ #1 seeded Cavs are

looks like Miami is gonna catch a break with the Cavs resting guys tonight......bummer......

i seriously have no clue how this team can play like they did in Boston- and then just sleep walk through games like Friday and yesterday.

Indians and Cavs went a combined 0/5 this weekend. SUCKED as a weekend for Cleveland sports. Thank goodness at least the weather has turned and it was beautiful out yesterday- and again today.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG

I think this is the first time i can ever remember that the Cavs lost and i didnt have any alerts from people saying how bad the defending champ #1 seeded Cavs are

Because we're tired of doing so. But if it helps:

cavs suck!

looks like Miami is gonna catch a break with the Cavs resting guys tonight......bummer......

975c59692943cb30e51f293bf087a528.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so.
Cavs don't agree.

ATLANTA -- After failing to protect a 26-point fourth-quarter lead in their 126-125 overtime loss to the Atlanta Hawks on Sunday, several members of the Cleveland Cavaliers found fault in the officials for contributing to their collapse.

"It wasn't a foul on my sixth foul," said LeBron James, who fouled out with 1:52 remaining in overtime and the Cavs up by three,.....

One member of the Cavs could be heard uttering "f---ing Leroy Richardson" outside the visitor's locker room after the game.

"How much is the fine for talking about the refs?" Irving said when asked about that charge call.

If they're going to blame the refs for them blowing a 26 point 4th quarter lead, there really is something wrong there. I mean, there were a couple of pretty bad calls late that certainly didn't help their cause (still not sure what the hell Lebron did to get that 6th foul), but by then, the lead was already blown and they were just trying to salvage a win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.