• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have an excellent chance of getting a top 3 pick. They are showing shining examples that they are growing by leaps and bounds.

Yeah, at this point, the 3rd worst record is pretty well locked up. The absolute best (worst?) they can do is finish tied with the Suns for 2nd worst. To do that would mean the Suns would have to beat the Kings tomorrow and the Lakers would have to lose their last 2 games, one of which will be vs. the Warriors who are probably going to rest everyone who has played more than 30 seconds this season.

That's why I really don't understand all of the drama about this 4 game win streak. The Suns are showing no signs of giving up the #2 spot and the Lakers are pretty well locked in at #3. May as well win some games and build some positive momentum. If memory serves, this is the first win streak of 4 games or more since 2012 or 2013.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, at this point, the 3rd worst record is pretty well locked up. The absolute best (worst?) they can do is finish tied with the Suns for 2nd worst. To do that would mean the Suns would have to beat the Kings tomorrow and the Lakers would have to lose their last 2 games, one of which will be vs. the Warriors who are probably going to rest everyone who has played more than 30 seconds this season.

That's why I really don't understand all of the drama about this 4 game win streak. The Suns are showing no signs of giving up the #2 spot and the Lakers are pretty well locked in at #3. May as well win some games and build some positive momentum. If memory serves, this is the first win streak of 4 games or more since 2012 or 2013.

First 4 game winning streak in 4 years, that would make it 2013 I believe.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading home in a little bit.....then Tuesday I head to La Quinta until the 19th or 20th. DJ's road warrior trips continue.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what the refs do or don't do... there is no excuse for losing a 26 point lead in the 4th quarter. The fact that the Hawks were in the game at all was the Cavs fault. This game is on them for that reason.

Having said that... I'm not sure I've seen a worse collection of calls that directly extended the game. The refs don't deserve a pass just because the disadvantaged team was in the middle of choking a game away.

There were at least 3 blatantly wrong calls (missing LeBron's TO on the 5-sec call, both Hawks players being out of bounds on the jump ball, & LeBron's phantom 6th foul) that very likely would've changed the outcome of the game. Not to mention a handful of other questionable calls. (foul on Millsap's 3, charge call on Kyrie, no travel call on Bazemore)

Agree with pretty much all of this. Although, I will say that the foul on Millsaps 3 was legit. Lebron got him on the elbow. It didn't look like much, but it was a foul. The charge on Kyrie looked like it could have gone either way and probably should have been a no call.

The 2 worst were the Hawks players being out of bounds and Lebron's 6th foul. Lebron's 6th foul looked like the proverbial "anticipation call" to me. The way Lebron moved back, it could look like a push off if the ref didn't have the right angle. But that's still on the refs, you have to call what you actually see, not what looked like could have happened.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers better lose their pick now, don't expect it to happen though because the NBA wants them to be good so having LAL survive the "random" lottery keeping the pick is best for them.

So, you think that if the Lakers hang on to the top 3 pick, the lottery is rigged, but if they don't, it isn't?

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Fml, Lakers win at the buzzer smh

Glad D'Angelo hit that shot. His grandma died yesterday and he chose to play anyway (family said that's what she'd want). He dedicated the game to her and hit the game winner. Then he found his family in the stands and hugged/celebrated with them.

Good stuff.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat 4.5 favorite.
Any LeBron update yet?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 4 game winning streak in 4 years, that would make it 2013 I believe.
46% of keeping a top 3 pick and a future first rounder.

Better have your lucky rabbits foot out on lottery day!

basically little less than a coin flip.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think that if the Lakers hang on to the top 3 pick, the lottery is rigged, but if they don't, it isn't?
itsa 46% chance- its not like that is overwhelmingly against them or anything.

itll be interesting to see though that is for sure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what the refs do or don't do... there is no excuse for losing a 26 point lead in the 4th quarter. The fact that the Hawks were in the game at all was the Cavs fault. This game is on them for that reason.

Having said that... I'm not sure I've seen a worse collection of calls that directly extended the game. The refs don't deserve a pass just because the disadvantaged team was in the middle of choking a game away.

There were at least 3 blatantly wrong calls (missing LeBron's TO on the 5-sec call, both Hawks players being out of bounds on the jump ball, & LeBron's phantom 6th foul) that very likely would've changed the outcome of the game. Not to mention a handful of other questionable calls. (foul on Millsap's 3, charge call on Kyrie, no travel call on Bazemore)
who cares. honestly i didnt watch 1 minute- it was too nice out yesterday- was out and about all day. The Cavs seem to have as much interest in that game as I did. lol.

lets just get the real season going already.

Its been a fun regular season- ive really enjoyed watching Kyrie step up his game this year- Love really get into the flow for the first time with the Cavs--- LeBron with all those triple doubles and averaging career highs in assists and rebounds etc.......cool to get DWill and Korver to augment the bench...

but its time to get down to business here soon. I hope they sit everyone these last 2 games. Get ready for the long journey that is the NBA playoffs.

should be a helluva lot of fun thats for sure.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG

I think this is the first time i can ever remember that the Cavs lost and i didnt have any alerts from people saying how bad the defending champ #1 seeded Cavs are

looks like Miami is gonna catch a break with the Cavs resting guys tonight......bummer......

i seriously have no clue how this team can play like they did in Boston- and then just sleep walk through games like Friday and yesterday.

Indians and Cavs went a combined 0/5 this weekend. SUCKED as a weekend for Cleveland sports. Thank goodness at least the weather has turned and it was beautiful out yesterday- and again today.

ok, they suck ass right now...

feel better...?:D

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
itsa 46% chance- its not like that is overwhelmingly against them or anything.

itll be interesting to see though that is for sure.

Well, one thing is certain, if they end up with the #1 or even #2 pick, the conspiracy theorists will be out in full force. Especially if Magic is the one there when the selections are made. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Fml, Lakers win at the buzzer smh
its irrelevant now- they are locked into the 3 spot i think.

46% chance at getting a possible franchise player AND keeping their 1st rounder in 2019.....

that is a LOT riding on some ping pong balls. lol. especially in a draft that is SUPPOSEDLY as loaded as this one.

this draft seems to be even better than the Wiggins/Parker/Embiid draft.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one thing is certain, if they end up with the #1 or even #2 pick, the conspiracy theorists will be out in full force. Especially if Magic is the one there when the selections are made. lol
ehhh....i guess if people are stupid and dont understand odds....i mean shit happens.....they have like a 25-30% chance at a top 2 pick--- thats pretty reasonable to me.

now when the Cavs won the Wiggins lotto with like a 1.5% chance--- NOW that i could see legitimately raising some eye brows...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares. honestly i didnt watch 1 minute- it was too nice out yesterday- was out and about all day. The Cavs seem to have as much interest in that game as I did. lol.

Really?!? Because the way they played all of their guys, built up a 26 point lead and then blamed the refs for losing the lead and the game...it sure does seem like they cared more than you did.

I mean, it's not as if they pulled Lebron, Kyrie and Love for the 4th quarter and then left them out of the game when the Hawks started their come back.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares. honestly i didnt watch 1 minute- it was too nice out yesterday- was out and about all day. The Cavs seem to have as much interest in that game as I did. lol

bullshit detected...

anyone think for one second that Wiggy wouldn't be doing his usual spam attack if the Cavs won last night...?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its irrelevant now- they are locked into the 3 spot i think.

46% chance at getting a possible franchise player AND keeping their 1st rounder in 2019.....

that is a LOT riding on some ping pong balls. lol. especially in a draft that is SUPPOSEDLY as loaded as this one.

this draft seems to be even better than the Wiggins/Parker/Embiid draft.

From what I've seen, the "worst" they can do is stay right where they are with the 3rd worst record, even if they win their last 2 games.

The "best" they can do is finish tied with the Suns for the 2nd worst record. That would mean the Suns beating the Kings tomorrow night and the Lakers losing their last 2 games (tomorrow and Wednesday) to the Pelicans and Warriors. Both would have identical 25-57 records. I don't know who "wins" that tiebreaker though.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares. honestly i didnt watch 1 minute- it was too nice out yesterday- was out and about all day. The Cavs seem to have as much interest in that game as I did. lol

bullshit detected...

anyone think for one second that Wiggy wouldn't be doing his usual spam attack if the Cavs won last night...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? Because the way they played all of their guys, built up a 26 point lead and then blamed the refs for losing the lead and the game...it sure does seem like they cared more than you did.

I mean, it's not as if they pulled Lebron, Kyrie and Love for the 4th quarter and then left them out of the game when the Hawks started their come back.
i do have to say- I like how Kyrie is shooting right now

if i were to take anything out o the game its that Kyrie and Bron look primed and ready to put an ass whooping on whoever they face in round 1--- hope its the Heat.

Kyrie with 45 points and 9 assists makes me feel good. I love games where he is efficient offensively AND has a high assist total.

Aside from the mental lapses which i think are just boredom if anything-

i mean- do oyu think the Cavs lost the 26 point lead because the Hawks are a great team and can actually beat them in a playoff series?

my guess would be they got bored and complacent and started sleepwalking which has beenso mething they have done quite a bit.

but the great part is- we shall see how it all translates into the playoffs VERY VERY Soon. I cant wait. Seeing Kyrie play like that makes me feel great.

id like to see Love play tonight and get some post touches and be a focal point---- let him get 20 shots and try and get in a rhythm a little bit. Love has been a MONSTER on the boards lately- but id like to see him get 20-25 shots and really work on his touch--- and then sit him against Toronto.....with lbj and irving prob sitting just have love play like the first half and get him 20 shots and then shut him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.