• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh....i guess if people are stupid and dont understand odds....i mean shit happens.....they have like a 25-30% chance at a top 2 pick--- thats pretty reasonable to me.

now when the Cavs won the Wiggins lotto with like a 1.5% chance--- NOW that i could see legitimately raising some eye brows...

I agree, but it's the Lakers and people loooove to put out conspiracy theories about the Lakers. Especially after Stern made his "Lakers vs. Lakers as the ideal championship series" comment.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen, the "worst" they can do is stay right where they are with the 3rd worst record, even if they win their last 2 games.

The "best" they can do is finish tied with the Suns for the 2nd worst record. That would mean the Suns beating the Kings tomorrow night and the Lakers losing their last 2 games (tomorrow and Wednesday) to the Pelicans and Warriors. Both would have identical 25-57 records. I don't know who "wins" that tiebreaker though.
there is no "tie-breaker"

they just split the odds for the 2 and 3 spot in half.....youd prob end up with almost an on-the-dot 50% chance then....

if you somehow "pass" the Suns- itll be a 56% chance i think...if you tie them itll be just about 50%- if you are third its about 46%.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but it's the Lakers and people loooove to put out conspiracy theories about the Lakers. Especially after Stern made his "Lakers vs. Lakers as the ideal championship series" comment.
yah i guess...though- shit- the lBJ lotto, the Wiggins lotto- as a Cavs fan ive heard plenty of the same as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were to take anything out o the game its that Kyrie and Bron look primed and ready to put an ass whooping on whoever they face in round 1---

I've said before that I fully expect Lebron and Kyrie to "flip the switch" and be able to perform as expected in the playoffs. The problem is, can everyone else also "flip the switch"?

When the Shaq/Kobe Lakers tried to "flip the switch" the 2nd time and got bounced in the semi-finals...Shaq and Kobe were fine, it was everyone else on the team that couldn't do it.

That's the potential problem for the Cavs. Not Lebron and Kyrie, but everyone else. The East is pretty weak, so even if it's only Lebron and Kyrie, they should still get to the finals. But if they are the only ones who step up, the finals could be over fairly quickly.

Having said that, if everyone else is able to flip the switch too, the Cavs have a solid chance at the repeat.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no "tie-breaker"

they just split the odds for the 2 and 3 spot in half.....youd prob end up with almost an on-the-dot 50% chance then....

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Then, it really would come down to a coin flip chance.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not a single person who doesn't agree, the season needs to be 76 games. But no way the league (and the revenue sharing players) give up those $.

16 games vs your division, 30 vs the rest of your conference, 30 vs the other conference = 76 games
I think they should shorten the first 2 rounds of the playoffs to 5 game series again instead of 7. Only the Conf. Finals & Finals should be a 7 game series. I think that would help.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a lack of focus, it can happen when you are beating the shit out of an opponent by 26. It is pretty pathetic honestly. It means they can play at a high level but the focus is still not there, so mixed feelings. I am still not that worried bc I have seen them play a high level in the recent week it just isn't to where it needs to be or consistent. I guess I would rather them get the 7th seed. I would rather play Indiana than Chicago or Miami. They have PG but they are awful on the road.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a lack of focus, it can happen when you are beating the shit out of an opponent by 26. It is pretty pathetic honestly. It means they can play at a high level but the focus is still not there, so mixed feelings. I am still not that worried bc I have seen them play a high level in the recent week it just isn't to where it needs to be or consistent. I guess I would rather them get the 7th seed. I would rather play Indiana than Chicago or Miami. They have PG but they are awful on the road.

TBH, I was more concerned with their first loss against Atl.

At least yesterday they were whopping em for 3 quarters before they decided to stop caring.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, I was more concerned with their first loss against Atl.

At least yesterday they were whopping em for 3 quarters before they decided to stop caring.

Yeah I agree. I mean the lack of effort is something if you are up 30 but when you get beat by the 2nd stringers for "a lack of effort" is a different situation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said before that I fully expect Lebron and Kyrie to "flip the switch" and be able to perform as expected in the playoffs. The problem is, can everyone else also "flip the switch"?

When the Shaq/Kobe Lakers tried to "flip the switch" the 2nd time and got bounced in the semi-finals...Shaq and Kobe were fine, it was everyone else on the team that couldn't do it.

That's the potential problem for the Cavs. Not Lebron and Kyrie, but everyone else. The East is pretty weak, so even if it's only Lebron and Kyrie, they should still get to the finals. But if they are the only ones who step up, the finals could be over fairly quickly.

Having said that, if everyone else is able to flip the switch too, the Cavs have a solid chance at the repeat.

Exactly. Lebron and Kyrie are playing better than imagined, they are playing at a very high level right now but wtf is everyone else doing. It just doesn't make sense to me, if the others can play like they did last year than I want me worried about them in the East. Right now, that isn't the case.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Lebron and Kyrie are playing better than imagined, they are playing at a very high level right now but wtf is everyone else doing. It just doesn't make sense to me, if the others can play like they did last year than I want me worried about them in the East. Right now, that isn't the case.
Shumpert was great in the first half of the season but has played like shit the last couple months.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JR let him borrow his shot while he was hurt
JR has looked better lately and Korver should be ready to go with all the time he has missed.

JR is such an important piece. they need him on top of his game if they are gonna have any chance at beating the warriors.

for all the shit people talked about JR- the thing i consistently hear from people that cover the Cavs is that JR is the one guy on the team that everyone likes and respects.....at points people bitch about lebron, kyrie, thompson and lebron have gotten into it at times etc etc. etc.

but everyone loves JR. he is supposedly the best clubhouse guy they have (other than maybe Champ- but he barely plays).

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this season, only 2 players had ever averaged 25, 8 & 8 for a season. Oscar did it 5 times and Jordan did it once (1989).

This season Westbrook, Harden, & LeBron all did it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat should be careful. Obviously its good for them that the Cavs are resting dudes... they just gotta make sure they don't take that for granted.

Then again, maybe I'm just projecting the issues of my own team.

Status
Not open for further replies.