• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have never built thru the draft, and probably never will, they will get a big time free agent soon.

The funny part is Wiggy is over here yelling about picks, when his team had 3 #1 picks in 4 years and needed to LeBum to come back and save them from a 4th.

And if it weren't for the fact LeBitch came back, Kyrie would have signed somewhere else, because no body wants to fucking play in Cleveland. As soon as these teams like the Bucks/Cavs/T-Wolves develop players, those players leave in Free Agency to a bigger market.
cmon now....try and at least be real here.

Even if the Lakers got LaVar Ball next year- they still have zero shot at the playoffs. But getting a player like Ball would give free agents more confidence in going there so guys like Greg Monroe arent saying "no thanks" and they have to overpay for 2nd rate guys like Deng and Mozgov.

Kyrie by himself would have been nothing- and you are totally right- the Cavs had 5 really high picks--- not even CLOSE to all of them worked out---- but they did exactly what they should have done--- get a bunch of high picks---a few work out, a few dont--- and use those young guys to attract in free agents to get them over the top---- use those young guys to make a trade for a multi time all star like Kevin Love.

I just dont see how 4-5 extra wins does ANYTHING for you in the long term.

you think next year Towns and Wiggins are gonna make the playoffs because they got an extra 4-5 wins this year? Or do you think they would have a better chance of making the playoffs if they took a great player with their pick or traded their pick for a great player.

You really think the Lakers have enough talent right now to go forward? I sure dont. you think they have enough talent where free agents will pick them over other situations? I sure dont.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought, a fan of a team that hasn't won shit has a loser's mentality, who would have thought?

I'd rather be in the position the Sixers are now as opposed to the previous decade when we were a 7 or 8 seed and had no shot at winning a title. Its not like Philly is a free agency destination or anything.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought, a fan of a team that hasn't won shit has a loser's mentality, who would have thought?
losers mentality is what got them Kyrie IRving, and Wiggins (which allowed them to trade for Love)

without that losers mentality THE KING might still be in Miami.

you can say "losers mentality"- Ill say- actual strategic planning.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon now....try and at least be real here.

Even if the Lakers got LaVar Ball next year- they still have zero shot at the playoffs. But getting a player like Ball would give free agents more confidence in going there so guys like Greg Monroe arent saying "no thanks" and they have to overpay for 2nd rate guys like Deng and Mozgov.

Kyrie by himself would have been nothing- and you are totally right- the Cavs had 5 really high picks--- not even CLOSE to all of them worked out---- but they did exactly what they should have done--- get a bunch of high picks---a few work out, a few dont--- and use those young guys to attract in free agents to get them over the top---- use those young guys to make a trade for a multi time all star like Kevin Love.

I just dont see how 4-5 extra wins does ANYTHING for you in the long term.

you think next year Towns and Wiggins are gonna make the playoffs because they got an extra 4-5 wins this year? Or do you think they would have a better chance of making the playoffs if they took a great player with their pick or traded their pick for a great player.

You really think the Lakers have enough talent right now to go forward? I sure dont. you think they have enough talent where free agents will pick them over other situations? I sure dont.

The only reason you got Love and kept Kyrie is because LeBron came back, if that didn't happen, neither of those guys are there right now.

You need to fucking snap back to reality, no one wants to play in Cleveland, you will never get a big Free Agent, and you never have in the history of your game without LeBron there.

The lakers get big Free Agents ALL THE FUCKING TIME, they don't need picks, and you can sure as hell believe that when they do get picks, those guys will re-sign, NOT LEAVE HIS HOMETOWN TEAM TO GO TO FUCKING MIAMI, LMFAO

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather be in the position the Sixers are now as opposed to the previous decade when we were a 7 or 8 seed and had no shot at winning a title. Its not like Philly is a free agency destination or anything.
EXACTLY

could you imagine if the Sixers would have tried to win immediately and just signed some 2nd tier vets that they woud have had to overpay for to come to a losing situation? it would be a nightmare and no progress would be made.

Now look at the Sixers---- after the Twolves- they have one of the best young teams in the elague and are primed to make a big step.

You got:

Ben Simmons
Joel Embiid
Dario Saric
Okafor
Covington
your own #1 pick
the Lakers #1 pick
a swap right and a pick from Sacramento

they are in infinitely better shape then the Lakers in my opinion.

ILL GUARANTEE You the Sixers win a playoff series before the Lakers do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason you got Love and kept Kyrie is because LeBron came back, if that didn't happen, neither of those guys are there right now.

You need to fucking snap back to reality, no one wants to play in Cleveland, you will never get a big Free Agent, and you never have in the history of your game without LeBron there.

The lakers get big Free Agents ALL THE FUCKING TIME, they don't need picks, and you can sure as hell believe that when they do get picks, those guys will re-sign, NOT LEAVE HIS HOMETOWN TEAM TO GO TO FUCKING MIAMI, LMFAO
who was the last big free agent the Lakers got?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And when those picks finally develop, and become free agents, they will leave to better teams.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losers mentality is what got them Kyrie IRving, and Wiggins (which allowed them to trade for Love)

without that losers mentality THE KING might still be in Miami.

you can say "losers mentality"- Ill say- actual strategic planning.

and a single title yadda yadda yadda...

you just keep on talking like this was some long, drawn out strategy...

I ain't sure if you actually BELIEVE it, or just trying to sell US on it...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and also- Kyrie would have signed AT LEAST this contract.

no player offered the max in his restricted contract has EVER turned it down. Kyrie was always going to be here for at least his first 4 years plus another 3-4 years. Its just how the NBA works.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when those picks finally develop, and become free agents, they will leave to better teams.
no RFA offered the max has ever turned it down.

maybe they leave after their 2nd contract- but not after their first.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY

could you imagine if the Sixers would have tried to win immediately and just signed some 2nd tier vets that they woud have had to overpay for to come to a losing situation? it would be a nightmare and no progress would be made.

Now look at the Sixers---- after the Twolves- they have one of the best young teams in the elague and are primed to make a big step.

You got:

Ben Simmons
Joel Embiid
Dario Saric
Okafor
Covington
your own #1 pick
the Lakers #1 pick
a swap right and a pick from Sacramento

they are in infinitely better shape then the Lakers in my opinion.

ILL GUARANTEE You the Sixers win a playoff series before the Lakers do.

The cupboard was so bare when Hinkie took over, it was really the only thing to do. The Bynum trade seriously fucked up the franchise. It was one of the worst trades in history. If we get lucky with health I think we'll be really good in 2-3 years.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only if they want to leave millions of dollars on the table. They'll have all these picks for at least their first 7 years. Like I said unless they leave a ton of money on the table, which nobody has done yet from other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.