• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying for years that the best thing Lebron could do to help himself is to just stfu and play basketball. But he just can't help himself.

I've said before, if the league really wants to stop all of the resting, they just need to sit down with the players association and say, you have 2 choices:

1.) We can lower the number of regular season games to 70 and you can take a 12 game cut in salary.

or

2.) We keep the 82 game schedule, you keep making what you're making and save the resting for the end of the season when playoff seeding is locked in.

You do realize he hasn't started in 6 games. 6 games. That isn't much rest especially since at 32 he is playing more minutes per game than ANYONE in the league.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you get experience with experience but the Heat DON'T have any. Doesn't mean they can't win, but in a couple years they will be much better. Waiters didn't start a single game in the postseason, experience is experience but it is different when you are playing 35-40 minutes in the highest-intensity games you will ever see. Sorry the playoffs is just a different game. You know that.

The Heat do have the experience. WTF are you talking about? Most of these guys were on the team last year who played 14 games. Where are you making this shit up from?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... you're really reading between the lines on that LeBron quote.

The reporter was trying to talk about the game against Boston being a huge game, and all LeBron did was remind everyone that regular season games can never really be huge games compared to the playoffs -- something everyone already knows anyway.

Show me where he said "compared".
What he really said was exactly what it sounded like.
The regular season is a long, dragged out process to him which means nothing other then trying to stay healthy.
Think it all you want.
You don't say it to the people who are paying to hopefully see the best players in the world compete for 48 minutes a night.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat do have the experience. WTF are you talking about? Most of these guys were on the team last year who played 14 games. Where are you making this shit up from?

tenor.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also you have Udonis Haslem who's been through it all in the playoffs. He is a player who his teammates go to a lot for advise. Just because a player doesn't play does not mean he cannot provide playoffs experience to those who may not been in the playoffs before

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you get experience with experience but the Heat DON'T have any. Doesn't mean they can't win, but in a couple years they will be much better. Waiters didn't start a single game in the postseason, experience is experience but it is different when you are playing 35-40 minutes in the highest-intensity games you will ever see. Sorry the playoffs is just a different game. You know that.

Yes, but sometimes the more experienced/better teams get beat.

Imo, for the Heat to beat the Cavs, 2 things need to happen.

1.) The Cavs need to overlook the Heat and/or not have their defense figured out.
2.) The Heat need to realize they are playing with house money and play like it. Meaning, just play like there is zero pressure on them because no one expected them to be in the playoffs anyway.

Having said that, as much as I would love to see TJL's "Heat in 6" come true, I don't see it happening. Sure would love to be wrong though (although I'd feel a little bad for you and gordon if it happened).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say that LOL

Not verbatim. But it's what a lot of people are saying is implied.

Bottom line, the best player in the game poor mouthing any regular season game, especially one with playoff implications, isn't a good look for the league. Not with the money these guys are making, how expensive it is to attend a game, the billions that the NBA gets from tv partners and advertisers and the fact that so many examples of all time greats playing every game are so readily available.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize he hasn't started in 6 games. 6 games. That isn't much rest especially since at 32 he is playing more minutes per game than ANYONE in the league.
exactly.

I mean- 75% of this problem goes away if the league doesnt schedule national TV games on the 2nd night of road back to backs. shouldnt be that hard.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize that it's not just about Lebron resting, right? He's just the one who keeps running his mouth trying to defend it. He's literally the only person in the league who isn't smart enough to just stfu or give a cliche'd response.

Part of the reason it quickly goes away with other players/teams is because they don't keep talking about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has anyone else noticed that Shane is usually pretty solid until Wiggy shows up? I think Wiggy hacks his account.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodman: LeBron resting shows he's not Jordan

Dennis Rodman : "Very easy for LeBron to be successful in today's NBA"

"You know what, LeBron's doing one thing that I always said that Michael Jordan never did. He never rested. He played every game. LeBron has the position to do this now, because they need him. The league needs him, and that's why he's doing all this crazy s--- now."

Of all the people it's Rodman that makes the most sense. Jesus....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think its very possible, even likely, for the Hawks to be in 9th place by Sunday night.

Hawks vs BOS today, @ CLE SAT, vs CLE SUN
Bulls @ PHI today, @ BKN Sat
Heat @ TOR today, @ WAS Sat
Pacers vs MIL today, @ ORL Sat

If I had to guess, hawks go 0-3, Bulls go 2-0, Heat go 1-1, Pacers go 2-0, resulting in....

6. Bulls 40 - 40
7. Pacers 40 - 40
8. Heat 39 - 41 (Heat have tie-breaker, better division record)
9. Hawks 39 - 41

I like the cut of your jib, gordon.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh I'm not really worried about Waiters. He has always been a little crybaby bitch, he will fold in the playoffs.

Just curious as to what sample size you're referring to that he'll fold in the playoffs. Most of his career was in Cleveland without Lebron - so we know those two things being playoffs and Cleveland aren't synonymous with one another.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly.

I mean- 75% of this problem goes away if the league doesnt schedule national TV games on the 2nd night of road back to backs. shouldnt be that hard.

100% of the problem would go away if players rested after playoff spots were secured.

Status
Not open for further replies.