• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see. There is no question that he has responded well to being in Miami. Now he's had some time off with injury, has to get himself into game shape and try to reproduce what he's been doing since the all-star break in the playoffs.

If he pulls it off, then I'd say there's a good chance that the Heat can say they have another potentially successful reclamation project on their hands.

If not, it's not the end of the world since the Heat weren't expected to even be in the playoffs anyway.

In short, the Heat and Waiters are playing with house money at this point.

giphy.gif

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dennis Rodman thinks what you're doing is crazy....chances are...what you're doing, is crazy. lol

Or you know... Dennis Rodman is crazy so his opinion should be taken with a massive dose of salt.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud, I hope you're right, if the Cavs don't play the Heat, or get by the Heat, I'm going to be right there with you and the stooges blowing LeBron like I need his jizz to survive because I hate that little fucking faggot Curry, and fuck Kevin Durant for costing me my fantasy league.
think about it- the Finals dont even start for 2 months. You really want Kyrie and LeBron giving everything they have running through picks, diving on the floor, blah blah blah in some bullshit gamesi n March?

if i thought there was a legit challenge to the Cavs in the East- i would be more worried. If the Celtics had Paul George or Jimmy Butler- there would be more concern--- but as it is- the Cavs are already developing that edge over the last week or so- and have 2 months before the Finals start.

not only that--- but ya know how many games the Cavs have had their full likely playoff rotation? TWO GAMES.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud, I hope you're right, if the Cavs don't play the Heat, or get by the Heat, I'm going to be right there with you and the stooges blowing LeBron like I need his jizz to survive because I hate that little fucking faggot Curry, and fuck Kevin Durant for costing me my fantasy league.

and as a friend I DO hope you enjoy your jizz bath. sorry I can't join you, though...

Reactions: TJL

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting to the FINALS is diffrent than winning it though....
I gave them 100% to make it. I give them almost no shot to win it.

Cleveland has very little chance of beating Golden State.
The Cavs have a punchers chance, but it isnt great. That smothering defense is not there anymore.

They have less chance of beating San Antonio as an even worse matchup.
The Spurs own Lebron, and this Spurs team (while flawed) is perfectly built to beat Cleveland.

Unless, the Rockets or Clippers somehow break through, Lebron is going to be thanking God for Ray Allen to save his Finals record from looking like Jerry West.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting to the FINALS is diffrent than winning it though....
I gave them 100% to make it. I give them almost no shot to win it.

Cleveland has very little chance of beating Golden State.
The Cavs have a punchers chance, but it isnt great. That smothering defense is not there anymore.

They have less chance of beating San Antonio as an even worse matchup.
The Spurs own Lebron, and this Spurs team (while flawed) is perfectly built to beat Cleveland.

Unless, the Rockets or Clippers somehow break through, Lebron is going to be thanking God for Ray Allen to save his Finals record from looking like Jerry West.
the spurs lost to the freaking Clippers 2 years ago in the playoffs because Leonard barfed away some free throws. and then lost to the Thunder last year- 2 teams the CAvs would slapped around.

No more Duncan, Parker is a shell of himself.

lets see Kawi Leonard take over that #1 mantle in the playoffs and at least get to the Conference Finals before we say how tough they are.

spurs always play to their best level-- they have no room to make a jump when the playoffs start.

lets see them prove they wont gag away a series to a lesser team--- LET ALONE beat the Warriors.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- we shall see if it actually matters very very soon.

As has been pointed out..."flipping the switch" can be dangerous. Sometimes, when you flip the switch, the lights don't come on.

The Shaq/Kobe Lakers tried flipping the switch twice. The first time, it allowed them to complete their 3-peat. The 2nd time, they lost in the Conference semi's.

Can the Cavs flip the switch on defense enough to win the East and maybe even win another title? Of course. As I just pointed out, the Shaq/Kobe Lakers got away with it.

But, it's also entirely possible that they will end up with a similar fate to those 02-03 Lakers. Although, I think for the Cavs it comes in the finals because they can get out of the East on their offense alone.

Another problem that one of the ex-player commentators pointed out last night (I think it was Jalen Rose) is that it's not Lebron or even Kyrie being able to flip the switch that is the problem. They will undoubtedly be able to do that. It's the other guys on the team that are the concern.

That is pretty much what happened to the Lakers. Shaq and Kobe were fine. They just couldn't overcome everyone else not being able to flip the switch.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until they make a concrete rule thats evenly and fairly applied - the league should just stop its whining and be greatful for the unholy amount of money LeBron has made them over the years. Also- them complaining about LeBron resting when LeBron has played the most games in the league over the last 6 years rings rather hollow to me as well. lol.

Agree. Make a rule or stfu. Personally, I don't like the resting. It cheats the fans. I'd like to see it done the way it used to be (resting after playoff positions are set) or allow X number of "rest games" per season with the caveat that they can't be road games or nationally televised games. Also provide some sort of incentive for teams that don't use all of their rest games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you know... Dennis Rodman is crazy so his opinion should be taken with a massive dose of salt.

Or you know...he's an expert on crazy since...he actually is crazy and knows it when he sees it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh on contraire---I do see it. I just dont think it matters. And i think the people that do think it matters havent been paying attention to this team over the last 3 years.

Not the same team.
Same core, but not the same team.
The newer players are worse defenders, easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.