• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TJL, how confident are you on the over 201? Pretty confident or you're just taking a shot in the dark with that bet?

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavaliers/Heat is a playoff series i have been wanting for so long.

I think its the most likely of outcomes as we sit here right now. Id still have it as less than 50%....but man......its definitely seems to be the most likely matchup.

Oh this is gonna be a lot of fun. I cant fucking wait!!!!!!!!

15686474.jpg

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ

The only team that allows less than 100 ppg is the Spurs, and the only team that scores less than 100 ppg is the Mavs.

The Bucks/Pacers both allow and average more than 104 ppg, so I'm pretty confident in the over since it's set at 201.

Their last game was 85-99

but the 2 other games this year

116-100 Bucks
125-107 Bucks

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korver, D. Williams are supposed to be the biggest additions, correct?
Both defend like bullfighters.
ohh yah- they are replacing those huge minutes delly and mozgov played in the playoffs. LOL.

rotations tighten up. defenses tighten up in the playoffs- its more a half court game.

ohhh dont worry- you will hopefully get to see up close and personal. I sure hope you have tickets to the first round. do you?

if you do- do yourself a favor if the Heat play the Cavs---- either sell them---- or burn them and go see a movie. You will be glad you did.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Make a rule or stfu. Personally, I don't like the resting. It cheats the fans. I'd like to see it done the way it used to be (resting after playoff positions are set) or allow X number of "rest games" per season with the caveat that they can't be road games or nationally televised games. Also provide some sort of incentive for teams that don't use all of their rest games.

It's one thing to not play.
It's another thing to tell NBA fans that you don't give a shit about the regular season aka season ticket holders are wasting their hard earned cash.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh yah- they are replacing those huge minutes delly and mozgov played in the playoffs. LOL.

rotations tighten up. defenses tighten up in the playoffs- its more a half court game.

ohhh dont worry- you will hopefully get to see up close and personal. I sure hope you have tickets to the first round. do you?

if you do- do yourself a favor if the Heat play the Cavs---- either sell them---- or burn them and go see a movie. You will be glad you did.

You wrote PAGES of JOY when they were signed.
Are they not your first 2 off the bench?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? You know how you gain playoffs experience is by playing. He was one game from the finals last year with OKC.

Playoffs experience is so overrated

Hahaha this is where I strongly disagree. Experience is key and it wins championships along with having great players and a coach

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wrote PAGES of JOY when they were signed.
Are they not your first 2 off the bench?
id prob say Shumpert is #1 off the bench because of his role. Korver prob #2, and D. Will #3---- but id suspect Korver/Dwill/Jefferson/ will all see similar minutes

that seems to be the 9 man rotation-

PG- Kyrie
SG- JR
SF- The King of the NBA
PF- Love
C- Thompson
bench- Shump/Dwill/Korver/Jefferson

depth/matchup guys: Frye/Williams/Jones

ball boy: Larry Sanders. ---- that guy sure has taken Boguts role, LOL.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's another thing to tell NBA fans that you don't give a shit about the regular season aka season ticket holders are wasting their hard earned cash.

Wow... you're really reading between the lines on that LeBron quote.

The reporter was trying to talk about the game against Boston being a huge game, and all LeBron did was remind everyone that regular season games can never really be huge games compared to the playoffs -- something everyone already knows anyway.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... you're really reading between the lines on that LeBron quote.

The reporter was trying to talk about the game against Boston being a huge game, and all LeBron did was remind everyone that regular season games can never really be huge games compared to the playoffs -- something everyone already knows anyway.

Naw, I usually defend LeBron, but he said that in a very smug way, like he was disrespected the reporter even asked, he came off as a douche.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting to the FINALS is diffrent than winning it though....
I gave them 100% to make it. I give them almost no shot to win it.

Cleveland has very little chance of beating Golden State.
The Cavs have a punchers chance, but it isnt great. That smothering defense is not there anymore.

They have less chance of beating San Antonio as an even worse matchup.
The Spurs own Lebron, and this Spurs team (while flawed) is perfectly built to beat Cleveland.

Unless, the Rockets or Clippers somehow break through, Lebron is going to be thanking God for Ray Allen to save his Finals record from looking like Jerry West.

I love the Spurs and Kawhi is a beast but I am more worried about the Warriors than any team by FAR, especially when KD comes back. I mean there is no reason the Warriors shouldn't win it with their stacked roster. The only reason I say I am more worried about GS than SA is bc Pau and TP just don't look the same. Pau is always a handful especially since he can shoot the 3 now. TP I have watched him and he honestly looks bad, but he has the playoff experience and won't have to be a huge part of the team since they have Mills.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how do you get experience again? You don't think he got a lot of experience by making the WCF with OKC last year?

Yeah you get experience with experience but the Heat DON'T have any. Doesn't mean they can't win, but in a couple years they will be much better. Waiters didn't start a single game in the postseason, experience is experience but it is different when you are playing 35-40 minutes in the highest-intensity games you will ever see. Sorry the playoffs is just a different game. You know that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been saying for years that the best thing Lebron could do to help himself is to just stfu and play basketball. But he just can't help himself.

I've said before, if the league really wants to stop all of the resting, they just need to sit down with the players association and say, you have 2 choices:

1.) We can lower the number of regular season games to 70 and you can take a 12 game cut in salary.

or

2.) We keep the 82 game schedule, you keep making what you're making and save the resting for the end of the season when playoff seeding is locked in.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you get experience with experience but the Heat DON'T have any. Doesn't mean they can't win, but in a couple years they will be much better. Waiters didn't start a single game in the postseason, experience is experience but it is different when you are playing 35-40 minutes in the highest-intensity games you will ever see. Sorry the playoffs is just a different game. You know that.

YOu know the Heat made it to game 7 of the conference semi's last year right?

Status
Not open for further replies.