• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats inane to have him over those 4 guys at this point.

I mean Nash, Kidd and CP were elite players for a long long time.....seriously Curry has had 3 ELITE years and a 4th year when he was really good.

its insane to have him that high off of basically 3 and a half elite of the elite years.

Yea, it's pathetic, I know.

The fact that they put him over Wade/Pippen in the All Time Rank literally made me want to fucking punch a kitten, how can you be serious with that bullshit?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph has single handedly revolutionized the game of basketball. What he's doing is/was unfathomable 5-6 years ago. Kids now a days aren't growing up wanting to be Lebron James, they want to be Steph Curry. Why? Because Steph represents attainability. Not everyone can be 6'8" 250 and the worlds greatest athlete. Yet if you work hard at your craft, with repetition, and dedication, you can be a great player too.

That's why so many people hate on him, imo. There's nothing measurable about him that sticks out. If you put no names or faces to Kemba Walker and Steph and put them side by side, measuring speed, explosiveness, athletic acumen, etc, Kyrie would jump off the charts. Same with John Wall. Yet Curry's the one who's dominating. It's not easily explained.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People want to be Steph Curry because he's shoved down out throats, we're told he's this next great player, yada yada yada, plenty of people have shot the same % from 3 land as him, lot's higher, no one has ever been willing to chuck as much as he does from there and he's allowed to do it because he has great teammates.

He hasn't revolutionized shit and he's barely a fucking top 50 player of all time and ESPN can take their rankings and shove them straight up their fucking ass.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a flash in the pan and no one will remember his ass after this year, once contracts get involved and money's thrown around and the Warrio's get broken up, you'll see what a fucking can he is.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can rap like Biggie
slaughter @TurnUpTheHeat like a Piggy
rule over any NBA's smartest committee
heard CL67's dick is itty bitty.

Wiggy is gay.
Though Bron could rest vs play.
We know he has no bright side.
He thinks Tristan is better then Whiteside.

Reactions: TJL

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People want to be Steph Curry because he's shoved down out throats, we're told he's this next great player, yada yada yada, plenty of people have shot the same % from 3 land as him, lot's higher, no one has ever been willing to chuck as much as he does from there and he's allowed to do it because he has great teammates.

He hasn't revolutionized shit and he's barely a fucking top 50 player of all time and ESPN can take their rankings and shove them straight up their fucking ass.

But how many of them created their own 3 point opportunities. All of the greatest 3 point shooters in history, were catch and shoot players. Curry is not.

If your argument is that he's simply got more volume, well then I won't argue with you. But if you think the he's taking the same type of shots as the other players then I'm not sure if we're watching the same player.

I mean at least if you hate the guy, have a reasonable reason. Denying his ability to shoot the ball and him being the consensus best shooter in NBA history is just ridiculous.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a flash in the pan and no one will remember his ass after this year, once contracts get involved and money's thrown around and the Warrio's get broken up, you'll see what a fucking can he is.

Once again, please get it right. Two time flash in the pan.

:suds:

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how many of them created their own 3 point opportunities. All of the greatest 3 point shooters in history, were catch and shoot players. Curry is not.

If your argument is that he's simply got more volume, well then I won't argue with you. But if you think the he's taking the same type of shots as the other players then I'm not sure if we're watching the same player.

I mean at least if you hate the guy, have a reasonable reason. Denying his ability to shoot the ball and him being the consensus best shooter in NBA history is just ridiculous.
He can shoot, and he's the best shooter in history, he's also not a top 50 player of all time, not the best player on his team, is surrounded by great teammates including the second best player of all time.

He's a fucking flash in the pan who's had 2 or 3 elite years and people want to put him in the same breath as guys who were elite for longevity, he and anyone who overrates that can, can go fuck themselves.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E="TJL, post: 9838046, member: 12062"]He's a flash in the pan and no one will remember his ass after this year, once contracts get involved and money's thrown around and the Warrio's get broken up, you'll see what a fucking can he is.[/QUOTE]

133sb6.jpg

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can shoot, and he's the best shooter in history, he's also not a top 50 player of all time, not the best player on his team, is surrounded by great teammates including the second best player of all time.

He's a fucking flash in the pan who's had 2 or 3 elite years and people want to put him in the same breath as guys who were elite for longevity, he and anyone who overrates that can, can go fuck themselves.

Letting other people's opinion being able to dictate your own, is weird. I hate how Wiggy props up Lebron all the time, but I never question Lebron, his ability, his legacy, or how great of a player he is. I absolutely hate Kobe, which anyone on here can tell you, but I acknowledge he's one of the greatest players I'll ever have seen play the game.

Hating a guy because he's getting more acknowledgement than you feel he deserves shouldn't objectively affect your opinion to assess his impact on a game. Again if you hate him, that's cool, not trying to convince you otherwise. But saying he sucks and is canned is just flat out ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.