• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph has single handedly revolutionized the game of basketball. What he's doing is/was unfathomable 5-6 years ago. Kids now a days aren't growing up wanting to be Lebron James, they want to be Steph Curry. Why? Because Steph represents attainability. Not everyone can be 6'8" 250 and the worlds greatest athlete. Yet if you work hard at your craft, with repetition, and dedication, you can be a great player too.

That's why so many people hate on him, imo. There's nothing measurable about him that sticks out. If you put no names or faces to Kemba Walker and Steph and put them side by side, measuring speed, explosiveness, athletic acumen, etc, Kyrie would jump off the charts. Same with John Wall. Yet Curry's the one who's dominating. It's not easily explained.

True but they are also throwing up 30 footers which is hard to watch at times. I know the game is becoming more of a shooting league at really every level but I miss the toughness of the old game. It's still there but too much settling for jumpers and this isn't just the Warriors...this is almost every team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've explained it about 50x, because people overrate him egregiously and it's funny to watch all of you squirm anytime someone says something negative about him, lmfao.

I just asked a question. Settle down.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting other people's opinion being able to dictate your own, is weird. I hate how Wiggy props up Lebron all the time, but I never question Lebron, his ability, his legacy, or how great of a player he is. I absolutely hate Kobe, which anyone on here can tell you, but I acknowledge he's one of the greatest players I'll ever have seen play the game.

Hating a guy because he's getting more acknowledgement than you feel he deserves shouldn't objectively affect your opinion to assess his impact on a game. Again if you hate him, that's cool, not trying to convince you otherwise. But saying he sucks and is canned is just flat out ridiculous.

If you take the "he sucks", and "he's a can" stuff seriously than I don't know what to tell you.

I just said he's the greatest shooter in history lmfao, I also think people wildly overrate him.

I also hate him

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've explained it about 50x, because people overrate him egregiously and it's funny to watch all of you squirm anytime someone says something negative about him, lmfao.

So how many point guards have won 2 MVPs and 1 nba title outside of magic johnson. I'll be waiting

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he is overrated in the sense of an all-time list. He is a top 3-5 player in the league right now, I don't say higher bc there are guys better on defense IMO but on an all-time list I don't know of anyone that has him way up there. He is the greatest shooter I have seen so I think that has to hold some great value.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take the "he sucks", and "he's a can" stuff seriously than I don't know what to tell you.

I just said he's the greatest shooter in history lmfao, I also think people wildly overrate him.

I also hate him

Well it's kind of hard to differentiate your statements when you include them in back to back posts or even in the same one. You just said once his contract is up, you'd see how canned he was. Right after you ranted how he's overrated. How is anyone to be able to tell what's what?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's kind of hard to differentiate your statements when you include them in back to back posts or even in the same one. You just said once his contract is up, you'd see how canned he was. Right after you ranted how he's overrated. How is anyone to be able to tell what's what?

Meh, you're right, he sucks.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many point guards have won 2 MVPs and 1 nba title outside of magic johnson. I'll be waiting
Waiting for what?

He's had 2 elite years, how many guys ranked in the top 50 on the NBA all time list were rated there after 2 elite years? lmao

and winning a title is a team sport, and he didn't even win FMVP, his 6th man did lmfao.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for what?

He's had 2 elite years, how many guys ranked in the top 50 on the NBA all time list were rated there after 2 elite years? lmao

and winning a title is a team sport, and he didn't even win FMVP, his 6th man did lmfao.

Yeah but you know he was the sole reason the Warriors won the first time along with Andre. He's actually had 3+ elite years By the way. Also I'm still waiting for those PG's that have won 2 mvps and a title

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but you know he was the sole reason the Warriors won the first time along with Andre. He's actually had 3+ elite years By the way. Also I'm still waiting for those PG's that have won 2 mvps and a title

lmao

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career averages:

Player A - 23.3 pts, 5.7 apg, 4.8 rpg,
Player B - 22.8 pts, 6.8 apg, 4.4 rpg,
Player C - 22.1 pts, 5.7 apg, 5.0 rpg

Only one of those players had "2 Elite years". Career numbers though look pretty close. Yet one of them is canned, and the other is definitely way better and one is a player who you would take over Curry.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical answer when you have no logic to back up your arguments lol
Curry is not a top 5 player in the league, Curry is not a top 5 PG all time, Curry is not a top 25 player of all time.

I shouldn't have to explain why that is

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career averages:

Player A - 23.3 pts, 5.7 apg, 4.8 rpg,
Player B - 22.8 pts, 6.8 apg, 4.4 rpg,
Player C - 22.1 pts, 5.7 apg, 5.0 rpg

Only one of those players had "2 Elite years". Career numbers though look pretty close. Yet one of them is canned, and the other is definitely way better and one is a player who you would take over Curry.

Just say is a can, canned sounds weird and it's making me uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.