• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also one omission, probably due to his injury, was Avery Bradley. If he's healthy, I'm taking him as my best guard defender all day, every day.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty easy answer there, ESPN has to shine the light on Curry some how since he's not in the MVP talks, no longer the best player on his team, and is having a regressive year.

He sucks is my point
he was definitely overhyped the last couple years---- but the guy makes like 11M.....that is pretty ridiculous

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty easy answer there, ESPN has to shine the light on Curry some how since he's not in the MVP talks, no longer the best player on his team, and is having a regressive year.

He sucks is my point

Kind of amazing that a "regressive" year has him as the second most 3's in a season in NBA history.

If you look at his stretch of games that KD has been out, it's MVP worthy numbers and production. From a percentages stand point, it's a regressive season because of the KD integration. From a skill set, it's still all there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also one omission, probably due to his injury, was Avery Bradley. If he's healthy, I'm taking him as my best guard defender all day, every day.
when avery d'd up kyrie at the end of one of those cavs celtics games the other day it certainly opened my eyes----its not like kyrie just missed--- bradley made the play....and kyrie has so many ways to beat you and is so clutch its practically impossible to stop him in those situations and bradley got the best of him in that round.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when avery d'd up kyrie at the end of one of those cavs celtics games the other day it certainly opened my eyes----its not like kyrie just missed--- bradley made the play....and kyrie has so many ways to beat you and is so clutch its practically impossible to stop him in those situations and bradley got the best of him in that round.

He's an amazing defender. In addition to being quick, he's really strong for a smallish guard. I think personally, he's the best defensive guard in the NBA.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way overhyped, I remember last year people saying he could be better than Jordan, lmfao, fuck out of here

Whoever said he was better than Jordan should not be allowed to watch or commentate on basketball ever again.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He sucks is my point

If steph sucks then 90% of the league would want to suck as much as he does good

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way overhyped, I remember last year people saying he could be better than Jordan, lmfao, fuck out of here
dude is prob the best shooter in NBA history---- but as to all around- he isnt on the same level as guys he was being compared to

as i have said--- Kyrie Irving is a lot closer to Steph Curry then Steph Curry is to LeBron James.

Reactions: TJL

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry will go down as probably one of the top 3 best generation players of this Era. But, I don't think they'll ever be a point where he gains any legitimate consideration as a top 15-20 NBA player of all time. I think when it's all said and done, with his career trajectory, legitimate arguments can be made probably towards 15, but I'm thinking 20 will be his peak.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry will go down as probably one of the top 3 best generation players of this Era. But, I don't think they'll ever be a point where he gains any legitimate consideration as a top 15-20 NBA player of all time. I think when it's all said and done, with his career trajectory, legitimate arguments can be made probably towards 15, but I'm thinking 20 will be his peak.

Meh

I'd take KD, Harden, Westbrook, Kyrie, Kawhi, The Brow, KAT all over him, and I'm probably missing a few.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN already has him at 21 in their all time rankings, so by their standards he'll be in the top 10 when it's all said and done, possibly 5.

According to ESPN, he's already better than D Wade and Pippen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- he still has a long way to go so we shall see....

but in order to be in that stratosphere you have to be elite for a long time. Steph Curry has been elite for what? 4 years MAX? Thats not near enough to be near top 20 of all time conversation yet.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN already has him at 21 in their all time rankings, so by their standards he'll be in the top 10 when it's all said and done, possibly 5.

According to ESPN, he's already better than D Wade and Pippen.
thats insane. He has only been an elite player for- INCLUDING this year - 4 years.--- and thats if you say his season 4 years ago was ELITE of the ELITE- which it really wasnt.

really he has been an arguabl top 5 guy for 3 years--- thats NOTHING when you are talking top 20 of all time.

at this point there are a shit ton of guys ahead of him....if he wants to be top 20 he needs 6 more years as a top 10 player at least.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats insane. He has only been an elite player for- INCLUDING this year - 4 years.--- and thats if you say his season 4 years ago was ELITE of the ELITE- which it really wasnt.

really he has been an arguabl top 5 guy for 3 years--- thats NOTHING when you are talking top 20 of all time.

at this point there are a shit ton of guys ahead of him....if he wants to be top 20 he needs 6 more years as a top 10 player at least.

They already have him as the 4th best PG of all time, over Isaiah, Nash, Kidd, CP3, and Walt

All-Time #NBArank: Top 10 point guards ever

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- he still has a long way to go so we shall see....

but in order to be in that stratosphere you have to be elite for a long time. Steph Curry has been elite for what? 4 years MAX? Thats not near enough to be near top 20 of all time conversation yet.

Of course he's not worthy now. That's why I said career trajectory.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have him as the 4th best PG of all time, over Isaiah, Nash, Kidd, CP3, and Walt

All-Time #NBArank: Top 10 point guards ever
thats inane to have him over those 4 guys at this point.

I mean Nash, Kidd and CP were elite players for a long long time.....seriously Curry has had 3 ELITE years and a 4th year when he was really good.

its insane to have him that high off of basically 3 and a half elite of the elite years.

Reactions: TJL
Status
Not open for further replies.