• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up with him,m I was too young to really be able to appreciate Shula.

Johnson is probably my favorite coach of all time, and I'm an FSU fan.

It's amazing how that works out. I actually liked ol' Bobby Bowden as well. I hated Erickson and Coker with a passion. It's odd that of my top 4 favorite coaches (Richt, Schnelly and Jimmy Johnson) that Bowden is in that mix.

Reactions: TJL

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi is the only GS fan that doesn't get all riled up when someone says something bad about them lol

it's been that way ever since I joined, I call Wiggy out on his bullshit, it's only fair.
Like I said, we were having a civil debate. No Dubs fan here posted any videos to illustrate a point, or typed comments in all caps- or posted an entire newspaper column. This forum is designed to allow for sharing different perspectives. Not once did any personal insults get thrown as a result of the conversation. So to compare today's interactions to ANYTHING Wiggy posts is a BIG stretch. We all know he goes overboard with his posts 99% of the time- which is the reason you call him out on it.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you for losing my invite.

lol, you're in Seattle bud, it would hardly be worth it.

Plus it was a last second thing, we were actually going to go to Wrestlemania, but tickets were just too fucking much, I dont' care enough about fake wrestling to pay $300 for nose bleed seats.

$150 for decent seats at Royal Rumble last year and $180 for front row at RAW earlier this year was about as much as i'm willing to pay.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Dubs fan here posted any videos to illustrate a point, or typed comments in all caps
latest

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to love wrestling when I was a kid. Now, I just can't get into it.

Thats my wife. Except she did finally get into it again this past year. Which is why I was watching for the first time.

Reactions: LAD

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how that works out. I actually liked ol' Bobby Bowden as well. I hated Erickson and Coker with a passion. It's odd that of my top 4 favorite coaches (Richt, Schnelly and Jimmy Johnson) that Bowden is in that mix.
It's funny how casual fans laud Coker lol, he won with Butch's recruits, Butch's talent, and Butch's approach.

Oddly enough, I'm not a big Jimbo fan, I appreciate that he made us relevant again, but he's a terrible in game coach.

The 2014 season when he was letting Jameis throw the ball 55 times a game, and not run Williams/Cook, made me fucking hate his ass.

Winston was so good his Heisman year because we ran the ball with Freeman/Wilder/Williams and put Jameis in good situations to shine as a freshmen.

The next year it was like Jimbo wanted to show how good Jameis actually was and just let him sling the ball all over the place, and a ton of turnovers, a constantly tired defense and close games were the result.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to love wrestling when I was a kid. Now, I just can't get into it.

A lot of times, I have to stop myself while watching it and just laugh at how fucking gay it is lmfao

I haven't watched it religiously since I was a kid, I only go to local shows when they are in Tampa and watch the PPV's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That the Heat can take Cavs past 5 games if they meet. He agreed to leave SportsHoopla if he looses. Not sure what you have to do if you lose.
are you retarded or do you just play a retard on the internet?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how casual fans laud Coker lol, he won with Butch's recruits, Butch's talent, and Butch's approach.

Oddly enough, I'm not a big Jimbo fan, I appreciate that he made us relevant again, but he's a terrible in game coach.

The 2014 season when he was letting Jameis throw the ball 55 times a game, and not run Williams/Cook, made me fucking hate his ass.

Winston was so good his Heisman year because we ran the ball with Freeman/Wilder/Williams and put Jameis in good situations to shine as a freshmen.

The next year it was like Jimbo wanted to show how good Jameis actually was and just let him sling the ball all over the place, and a ton of turnovers, a constantly tired defense and close games were the result.

Yeah, there are still fans clamoring about that Coker got fired too soon. As much as I hate gator fans, UM has some winners for sure. And Butch is a fucking moran for leaving as well. I'm glad we got Richt over Butch 2 years ago. Clearly is playing off now.

I also agree about Jumbo, don't like him either. But yeah, getting shelacked by Oregon when you have Winston and Cook whom are arguably the best QB and RB respectively in FSU's history is just absurd.

He can recruit like a mother fucker. But like you said, the fact that Al Golden came close to winning his last two times alone lets you know that Jimbo's flawed as a coach.

Still though, you guys are sitting pretty right now.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rays had a nice win.

You think they will hold onto Longo or deal him?
They'll hold onto him, he's absolutely adored here, and he's matured a lot the last few years.

One of my buddies worked at the stadium, and was responsible for watching the players cars, and he said Longo would also smell like alcohol and bottles on top of bottles in his trunk when he was younger.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there are still fans clamoring about that Coker got fired too soon. As much as I hate gator fans, UM has some winners for sure. And Butch is a fucking moran for leaving as well. I'm glad we got Richt over Butch 2 years ago. Clearly is playing off now.

I also agree about Jumbo, don't like him either. But yeah, getting shelacked by Oregon when you have Winston and Cook whom are arguably the best QB and RB respectively in FSU's history is just absurd.

He can recruit like a mother fucker. But like you said, the fact that Al Golden came close to winning his last two times alone lets you know that Jimbo's flawed as a coach.

Still though, you guys are sitting pretty right now.

Yea, we're sitting pretty based on his recruiting alone, he is the best I've seen since Bowden/Saban in that respect, but ffs he can't call a game to save his life.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you retarded or do you just play a retard on the internet?
Prime example of what I was saying....he can't remember what the bet was yet has the nerve to call me the retard when I remind him. I couldn't make this crap up! :crazy:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, we're sitting pretty based on his recruiting alone, he is the best I've seen since Bowden/Saban in that respect, but ffs he can't call a game to save his life.

We'll see how September 16th goes now that Cooks is gone. But we're also rolling in a QB with next to zero experience, regardless of who it is.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll hold onto him, he's absolutely adored here, and he's matured a lot the last few years.

One of my buddies worked at the stadium, and was responsible for watching the players cars, and he said Longo would also smell like alcohol and bottles on top of bottles in his trunk when he was younger.
it sucks being a small market team sometimes

as much as i love Lindor- he wont finish his career here....dont get me wrong- hes gonna be in Cleveland at LEAST 5-6 more years--- but Cleveland cant pay guys like that at some point--- like the PRice's, Sabathia's etc.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prime example of what I was saying....he can't remember what the bet was yet has the nerve to call me the retard when I remind him. I couldn't make this crap up! :crazy:
you are just 100% totally and completely wrong- and for you to open your mouth when you are this wrong just shows that you are a nosy little B too.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how September 16th goes now that Cooks is gone. But we're also rolling in a QB with next to zero experience, regardless of who it is.

I really thought Richt was going to Kaaya to stay, you guys would have been overwhelming favorites to beat us if he did.

And the fact that the last 2 years ended in such close games, and you could tell beating FSU meant a ton to him, I was expecting him to come back.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U of M is interesting in that its just not that big of a school--- its private right?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it sucks being a small market team sometimes

as much as i love Lindor- he wont finish his career here....dont get me wrong- hes gonna be in Cleveland at LEAST 5-6 more years--- but Cleveland cant pay guys like that at some point--- like the PRice's, Sabathia's etc.

The Rays are smart in that they are fully aware they are small market, lately they've been signing these guys BEFORE they get really really good.

They fucked up on Price, but they gave Longo/Kiermaier/Archer all long term deals before they reached their full potential, which is what you have to do or else guys like Crawford/Price will just leave for money, and I don't blame them .

People here were so pissed at Crawford, and I was like you're pissed because the guy didn't want to take a 50 million dollar paycut to play in front of 13k fans every night? lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.