• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just bush league, kind of like being up 12 in a baseball game and still out there stealing or taking extra bases.
I can understand why someone would be mad, but to be mad after the fact there's video evidence of you doing the same thing, you can shut the fuck up.

No -- taking a turnover (my opinion) would be like being ahead by 10 in baseball and striking out on purpose. (which never happens) McGee did shoot early in the shot clock.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said the Heat would win a series vs. the CAvs if they played...1 week avatar bet if i remember correctly...not exactly sure.

Yea, I think it was a month, but i don't really care.

It's hilarious how everyone itt gives you shit for being such a homer, but if you say one negative thing about the Golden State pussies, it's an all out battle royal in here.

giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No -- taking a turnover (my opinion) would be like being ahead by 10 in baseball and striking out on purpose. (which never happens) McGee did shoot early in the shot clock.
i dunno- i see teams taking the turnover a lot - but just for the very very last possession of the game....i def have seen the Cavs do it- if theres like 5 seconds left on the game clock and the Cavs are up 20. Ive seen em shoot it in that situation too- dont get me wrong.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did the same on Game 6 and game 7.......why i am at a little over 10k.

I made some real money for those games, I took Cavs in 7 after 4, my buddy gave me 3/1 odds on $100, so I won $300

my motto all series was Cavs in 7 lol, I had the same bet with my uncle I do with you, that if Heat/Cavs play, Heat win, bet was $150, but of course they never played.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made some real money for those games, I took Cavs in 7 after 4, my buddy gave me 3/1 odds on $100, so I won $300

my motto all series was Cavs in 7 lol, I had the same bet with my uncle I do with you, that if Heat/Cavs play, Heat win, bet was $150, but of course they never played.
wow that was a great bet.....

sometimes you can see that shit coming though....ill tell ya- i never felt comfortable with the Indians up 3-1 knowing that the Cubs would be favored in all of the rest of the games of the series. Fucking Bauer is such an asshole.

with the Cavs- they of course have Draymond suspdended in Game 5 and KI And LBJ each go for 40+......i didnt think the Cavs would lose Game 6 in Cleveland.....and then Game 7 is a toss up. The path was there--- and the Warriors didnt have the balls to get up off the canvas after being punched in the mouth. sometimes its good to deal with some adversity and know you can recover from it.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow that was a great bet.....

sometimes you can see that shit coming though....ill tell ya- i never felt comfortable with the Indians up 3-1 knowing that the Cubs would be favored in all of the rest of the games of the series. Fucking Bauer is such an asshole.

with the Cavs- they of course have Draymond suspdended in Game 5 and KI And LBJ each go for 40+......i didnt think the Cavs would lose Game 6 in Cleveland.....and then Game 7 is a toss up. The path was there--- and the Warriors didnt have the balls to get up off the canvas after being punched in the mouth. sometimes its good to deal with some adversity and know you can recover from it.

I wasn't confident in the bet until after game 6, I knew the Cavs were winning in 7, tying the series up was way too much of a momentum swing for the Cavs to fuck it up.

Same thing in 04 with the Yanks/Sox, I knew that shit was over right around the middle of game 6.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was our bet Wiggy?

I forgot
That the Heat can take Cavs past 5 games if they meet. He agreed to leave SportsHoopla if he looses. Not sure what you have to do if you lose.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I think it was a month, but i don't really care.

It's hilarious how everyone itt gives you shit for being such a homer, but if you say one negative thing about the Golden State pussies, it's an all out battle royal in here.

giphy.gif
Oh stop it. There's hardly been a war here today. Just a bunch of grown ups having a civil debate. Like Wiggy you do tend to over exaggerate at times.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because I assert that something isn't true... doesn't mean I think that you said it is true.

Just because I'm responding to you doesn't mean I'm trying to argue with you. No need to get so defensive.

What part of "I didn't say the things you said I did" are you not grasping? If you want to take issue or have a different opinion on something I said I have no problem with that. But, respond to what I actually said, not some made up crap or what you might think I was "really saying."

If anyone's defensive, it's you Lebroniacs and Cavs fans who feel you have to defend Lebron against every criticism whether it's real or imagined.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh stop it. There's hardly been a war here today. Just a bunch of grown ups having a civil debate. Like Wiggy you do tend to over exaggerate at times.

@CitySushi is the only GS fan that doesn't get all riled up when someone says something bad about them lol

it's been that way ever since I joined, I call Wiggy out on his bullshit, it's only fair.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, Jimmy Johnson is the epitome of a douche bag, I love that motherfucker though.

Never said he was the nicest guy. Just said that he's everything in a coach that I like - allows his team to play aggressive and won't apologize for shit.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of "I didn't say the things you said I did" are you not grasping?

Except... I never said you said anything. I thought we were just having a normal conversation. :noidea:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TJL, you get a chance to watch the Heat Nuggets game last night? I wanted to punch TJ and Dragic in the throat at one point.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said he was the nicest guy. Just said that he's everything in a coach that I like - allows his team to play aggressive and won't apologize for shit.
I grew up with him,m I was too young to really be able to appreciate Shula.

Johnson is probably my favorite coach of all time, and I'm an FSU fan.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TJL, you get a chance to watch the Heat Nuggets game last night? I wanted to punch TJ and Dragic in the throat at one point.

Naw man, was drunk as shit bbq'ing up some rib eyes for Rays game and Wrestlemania, had a few people over.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw man, was drunk as shit bbq'ing up some rib eyes for Rays game and Wrestlemania, had a few people over.

Watched wrestlemania last night for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.