• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chinese chicken salad for lunch from the cafe downstairs.....usually have the chicken ceasar salad or a samwich.

This was an excellent choice today.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing wrong w/ wanting your team to do well but he takes it to another level. But yeah if they don't get outta the EC wiggy's gonna be in for some shit.
hey I TOTALLY agree on that

if they dont get out of the East --- FIRE AWAY

WHEN they do get out of the East ill say I told you so- and that all the panicking was just for naught.

I mean- what does the regular season mean for the Cavs?-- they just won the title- they had a bunch of injuries through out the year- had a handful of acquisitions throughout the year.

its a warmup up for them. Whether they are the 1 seed or the 8 seed- whether they are win 45 games or 65 games- it really doesnt matter.

LeBron will be judged on what he does in the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has him top 3-5 all time if I remember correctly so I'm guessing yes?

It's all in good fun, Wiggy....
If LeBron isnt already the 2nd best of all time - he will EASILY be before he hangs em up.

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

I have a bet to propose.
I say Whiteside is top 3 ALL NBA C.
You think Kyrie will be.

So, if either makes it and the other doesn't, someone wins the bet.
If neither does, then obviously its a tie.

What's the bet?
this is a good bet. I like it.

I am in.

Right now I have a few other bets going with both you, and TJL about the Cavs and HEat--- and one with knowyourenemy about kyrie making the all nba team.

of course- if the Cavs dont play the Heat those other 2 bets are all for naught.

When do they announce All NBA?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron isnt already the 2nd best of all time - he will EASILY be before he hangs em up.

I think he will finish 3rd behind KAJ and MJ, he could pass KAJ but I think so many people completely underrate KAJ for some weird reason.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards miffed by Warriors' last-minute plays
look at the Wiz whining about getting their asses kicked--- i dont like the Warriors antics either- but cmon- dont get your ass kicked and they wont gloat on you.

The Wizards have too much class to take a last second shot when they are ahead by 20.

"Yep, totally agree," Wizards guard John Wall said when asked whether the Warriors treated the game disrespectfully in the closing minutes. "Whenever a team is up like that, supposedly, you just hold the ball and take a shot-clock violation. So, what Brandon did, I don't think it was dirty. I think it was the right play. You don't let nobody try to embarrass you and I think that's what they were trying to do."

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wizards have too much class to take a last second shot.

"Yep, totally agree," Wizards guard John Wall said when asked whether the Warriors treated the game disrespectfully in the closing minutes. "Whenever a team is up like that, supposedly, you just hold the ball and take a shot-clock violation. So, what Brandon did, I don't think it was dirty. I think it was the right play. You don't let nobody try to embarrass you and I think that's what they were trying to do."

its why, at least at this point, i dont see the Wiz being a major obstacle to the Cavs.

too young, too unexperienced, they dont have that professional mind set yet. Let them get to the playoffs with this core team and get beat once or twice and go through some battles.

If this Wiz team could beat the Cavs 4 out of 7 times- with Cleveland having home court- i would be absolutely shocked. Cleveland has the talent, has the experience and professionalism that the Wiz just dont have yet.

the thing in the Wiz's favor is that they are young and hungry. That can take you some places- but its not gonna beat the Cavs.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wizards have too much class to take a last second shot.

This is so ridiculous. So they're supposed to implement a mercy rule even though one doesn't exist? This means GS was expected to take a TO?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will finish 3rd behind KAJ and MJ, he could pass KAJ but I think so many people completely underrate KAJ for some weird reason.
thats def. reasonable.

as a person who never watched KAJ and just know him from his statistics and achievements and awards and stuff- its obvious he is an all time great- but he doesnt get that respect for some reason that other guys do.

I still feel like if i wanted to start a team and have a guy for his hwole career- id take Bron's career----- KAJ's teammates were far superior to LeBrons

as good as Wade, Bosh, Love, Kyrie are/were- those supporting casts around KAJ are just otherworldly-

I mean- I think Kyrie should prob. be a hall of famer someday but i doubt Love ever is. He played 4 years with Wade--- with Wade really only "great" for 2-3 years.

I dunno- itll be interesting to see.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't gloating. They were trying to prevent a TO because that is recorded in the stats.
then just dribble it out....JaVale Mcgee taking a 3? cmon now-

just dont be hypocritical about it.

If at the end of the game Larry Sanders was jacking up a 3 when the Cavs had a 20 pt lead i would think that was a dick move----- but just dont whine about it when they do it themselves.

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and whats happening with Larry Sanders?

exactly what i fucking said would happen- he was signed for next year and is OBVIOUSLY the last guy on the team.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats def. reasonable.

as a person who never watched KAJ and just know him from his statistics and achievements and awards and stuff- its obvious he is an all time great- but he doesnt get that respect for some reason that other guys do.

I still feel like if i wanted to start a team and have a guy for his hwole career- id take Bron's career----- KAJ's teammates were far superior to LeBrons

as good as Wade, Bosh, Love, Kyrie are/were- those supporting casts around KAJ are just otherworldly-

I mean- I think Kyrie should prob. be a hall of famer someday but i doubt Love ever is. He played 4 years with Wade--- with Wade really only "great" for 2-3 years.

I dunno- itll be interesting to see.

The NBA Hall of Fame is the worst of the Big 3 sports, it's littered with massive cans, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a guy like Love make it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then just dribble it out....JaVale Mcgee taking a 3? cmon now-

just dont be hypocritical about it.

If at the end of the game Larry Sanders was jacking up a 3 when the Cavs had a 20 pt lead i would think that was a dick move----- but just dont whine about it when they do it themselves.
There was more time on the game clock than the shot clock- so if he just dribbled it out it would've been a TURN OVER. SMH THAT is why he shot it- to avoid the TO stat.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was more time on the game clock than the shot clock- so if he just dribbled it out it would've been a TURN OVER. SMH THAT is why he shot it- to avoid the TO stat.

Just take the TO like every other team does at the end of games.

Still dumb for the Gizzards to cry like bitches about it, but it's whatever.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just take the TO like every other team does at the end of games.

Still dumb for the Gizzards to cry like bitches about it, but it's whatever.
Well I don't think they have to "just take the TO like every other team" if they don't want to. And guys should stop complaining so much about every little freaking thing. Take your lumps like a man & do better next time.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't think they have to "just take the TO like every other team" if they don't want to. And guys should stop complaining so much about every little freaking thing. Take your lumps like a man & do better next time.

It's just bush league, kind of like being up 12 in a baseball game and still out there stealing or taking extra bases.

I can understand why someone would be mad, but to be mad after the fact there's video evidence of you doing the same thing, you can shut the fuck up.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just bush league, kind of like being up 12 in a baseball game and still out there stealing or taking extra bases.

I can understand why someone would be mad, but to be mad after the fact there's video evidence of you doing the same thing, you can shut the fuck up.
I get your second point- they had the opportunity to do better & look salty complaining about something they themselves have done.

And to your first point - why should they be criticized for not following the pack? If it was breaking the rules then that's a different story. Since when is mercy required during a competition?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your second point- they had the opportunity to do better & look salty complaining about something they themselves have done.

And to your first point - why should they be criticized for not following the pack? If it was breaking the rules then that's a different story. Since when is mercy required during a competition?

It's this way in all sports, and it's always been that way lol

The best part about baseball is that you can take bush league shit into your own hands and just put a ball in someones ear hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.