• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"LeClown's better than he's EVER been...even in his Heat years"-WiggyRuss:dhd:

I had to look LeBron's stats up but he really is having his best all around year of his career, he's never averaged 8+ rebs & 8+ asts before. I didn't realize. That's gonna get wiggy going into overdrive. My bad for mentioning it.:doh:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggy's only kidding himself. It's not like anyone has said his skills are going downhill or something. I think he's the best all around player in the game still. But the Cavs will be lucky to get out of the EC again if they don't fix their defensive issues. Defense wins rings. Not having to outscore the opponent on what seems like a nightly basis.
Lawd knows if they don't make it outta the East I'm gonna be on Wiggy so tuff. And from the looks of things between he & TJL he would be smart to just delete his account here & start brand new somewhere else!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely agree on the defense. IS funny to hear him pile on his brand of praise for a team that'll barely win over 50 games and talk like they're the greatest thing to happen to basketball...

Yeah he does do that. But @ least he's persistent.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawd knows if they don't make it outta the East I'm gonna be on Wiggy so tuff. And from the looks of things between he & TJL he would be smart to just delete his account here & start brand new somewhere else!

lol, you say this like EVERYBODY won't be piling on if the Cavs lose...

that happens the fool better STAY in hiding...:lol:

Reactions: LAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's nothing wrong w/ wanting your team to do well but he takes it to another level. But yeah if they don't get outta the EC wiggy's gonna be in for some shit.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should watch more games then. It's obvious. It mainly shows in how much less time he spends guarding the opponents best player and in occasionally getting beat off the dribble by guys that have no business doing so.

It's why I say he reminds me of Kobe when his decline started. It started on the defensive and showed itself in ways that we are starting to see with Lebron.

He can still step up and look like the "Lebron of old" at various times throughout the game. But it takes more out of him now and he can't stay with those type players as long as he used to without it starting to effect the rest of his game.
This is probably part of the reason he needed more "rest" this season than in the past.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have an argument if Defense wasn't part of the game, LeBitch's offensive numbers are some of the best of his career, but his defense has been non existent, he was a DPOY candidate every year with the Heat.

Those Heat defenses were exciting to watch and was the reason for the titles.

Lebron could guard positions 1-5. It's a shame that Bron won't win DPOY - because earlier in his career he was committed to defense and it resonated with his respective teams.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Heat defenses were exciting to watch and was the reason for the titles.

Lebron could guard positions 1-5. It's a shame that Bron won't win DPOY - because earlier in his career he was committed to defense and it resonated with his respective teams.

I thought he deserved it in 11/12 and 12/13 over Chandler and Gasol.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even like LeBron, but I'd take him over Magic.

I have no problem if someone has LeBron in their top 3 of all time, I think he's 3rd or 4th, only guys I have DEFINITELY ahead of him are KAJ and MJ.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

I have a bet to propose.
I say Whiteside is top 3 ALL NBA C.
You think Kyrie will be.

So, if either makes it and the other doesn't, someone wins the bet.
If neither does, then obviously its a tie.

What's the bet?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggy's only kidding himself. It's not like anyone has said his skills are going downhill or something. I think he's the best all around player in the game still. But the Cavs will be lucky to get out of the EC again if they don't fix their defensive issues. Defense wins rings. Not having to outscore the opponent on what seems like a nightly basis.

He's still great but the MVP should be co-MVP's in RW and Harden for what they have done this season.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the playoffs will be very competitive in both the EC and WC. Before the season began, Cleveland and GS were automatically inserted into the Finals.....I think there are teams in both conferences who can have something to say about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.