• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, that seems like a bit of an overreaction to my post. Based on the last couple of posts you made, I think we're agreeing more than we realize.

All I was saying was that I haven't seen a dramatic decline in his athleticism. I don't care whether someone said that or not... I'm just stating my opinion. Am I only allowed to comment on other people's comments... I can't make my own?

It's not an overreaction at all. You did in fact respond to something that was never said. That's Wiggy level bullshit right there and you're better than that.

And you just did it again in this post. I never said there was a "dramatic decline."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's more or less what I'm saying.

Defensively, I am 100% correct. You may not like it, but it's a fact.

The fact that you think 1 play made in the finals shows that he hasn't lost a step on defense, shows how completely unable to be even the tiniest bit objective you are when it comes to Lebron.

But then, you also think that one defensive stop in the finals by Kevin Love makes him a great defender.
what that one play shows is that he still has that top gear and hasnt lost shit. Does he operate in that top gear as much as he used to when he was 25? of course not-

is it there when he needs it? hell yes it is there. 100% of it. If not MORE.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what that one play shows is that he still has that top gear and hasnt lost shit. Does he operate in that top gear as much as he used to when he was 25? of course not-

"and he hasn't lost shit"...:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Just stop it wiggy. LeBron's now 32...not 22. Of course he's lost a step. It's asinine to even suggest he's as athletic right now as he was a decade ago. But he's still the best all around player in the league.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an overreaction at all. You did in fact respond to something that was never said. That's Wiggy level bullshit right there and you're better than that.

And you just did it again in this post. I never said there was a "dramatic decline."

*Not butting in just my opinion on this after I looked over this thread some*

Looking through this thread seems like there are some posters that have said he has dramatically declined (I don't see where you said anything to this exaggeration), which just isn't true. His one-on-one D is still very good (numbers back that up), the team defense isn't good and that can definitely make his defense look like shit. Also, there were comments made, maybe just one that his defense was "bad". This was said in a 2OT game so I can't see many players playing great defense after playing 40 minutes+ and still playing average defense. The point is, I don't see anything you said but others, definitely.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because I assert that something isn't true... doesn't mean I think that you said it is true.

Just because I'm responding to you doesn't mean I'm trying to argue with you. No need to get so defensive.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"and he hasn't lost shit"...:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Just stop it wiggy. LeBron's now 32...not 22. Of course he's lost a step. It's asinine to even suggest he's as athletic right now as he was a decade ago. But he's still the best all around player in the league.
i totally disagree.

I think this LeBron right now is the best LeBron that he has EVER been.

I mean- how can that even be disputed after what he did 8 months ago? The guy is at the height of his game right now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally disagree.

I think this LeBron right now is the best LeBron that he has EVER been.

I mean- how can that even be disputed after what he did 8 months ago? The guy is at the height of his game right now.

Okay coach. Put me in the game, I can sink the game winner! And you ignored what I said. I said he's not @ the same level of athleticism that he was 10 years ago. You even said...he hasn't lost shit.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically, there is a solid argument that this is LeBron's best season yet.

His efficiency isn't quite what it was those 2 magical years in Miami... but his overall production is at an all-time high.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt he has declined, it is what EVERY player does especially as many minutes that he has logged but people should actually look up this shit instead of blurting out BULLSHIT. His perimeter defensive numbers are still one of the best and his defender is shooting poor from the field. This IS a FACT. I don't really see where someone is saying he hasn't declined and I know he has declined. His defense isn't great and he does take breaks but when he puts 100% effort (like in the playoffs last year, especially in The Finals) he is still one of the best in the league, I think if he played on a better defensive team (at least the way they have played of late) his defense would look better to the casual eye.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops didn't mean to delete that :laugh3:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he has declined, it is what EVERY player does especially as many minutes that he has logged but people should actually look up this shit instead of blurting out BULLSHIT. His perimeter defensive numbers are still one of the best and his defender is shooting poor from the field. This IS a FACT. I don't really see where someone is saying he hasn't declined and I know he has declined. His defense isn't great and he does take breaks but when he puts 100% effort (like in the playoffs last year, especially in The Finals) he is still one of the best in the league, I think if he played on a better defensive team (at least the way they have played of late) his defense would look better to the casual eye.
I just dont understand the basis for people saying he has declined at all.

this year he has just set CAREER highs in assists and rebounds. a few months ago he made the play of his life- a defensive play that no one else in the league could make. He has the most triple doubles in his ENTIRE career this year.

He still has all the ability he has ever had- if not more.

Its a question of effort and energy conservation. He doesnt and shouldnt play the other teams best player during the regular season- it makes no sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically, there is a solid argument that this is LeBron's best season yet.

His efficiency isn't quite what it was those 2 magical years in Miami... but his overall production is at an all-time high.
thats what im saying. lol

the guy has never been a smarter better all around player then he is right now.

this version of LeBron is the scariest version of LeBron in his entire career. There is not a version of LeBron that would be harder to beat in a 7 game series then the one we are seeing right now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont understand the basis for people saying he has declined at all.

this year he has just set CAREER highs in assists and rebounds. a few months ago he made the play of his life- a defensive play that no one else in the league could make. He has the most triple doubles in his ENTIRE career this year.

He still has all the ability he has ever had- if not more.

Its a question of effort and energy conservation. He doesnt and shouldnt play the other teams best player during the regular season- it makes no sense.

I could see how he has declined defensively, but like you said in the playoffs he will be one of the best just like last year. Offensively, he hasn't declined at all LOL His long-range shooting is better and this is his 3rd most efficient year of his CAREER. Pretty amazing at 32.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what im saying. lol

the guy has never been a smarter better all around player then he is right now.

this version of LeBron is the scariest version of LeBron in his entire career. There is not a version of LeBron that would be harder to beat in a 7 game series then the one we are seeing right now.

12-13 and 13-14 are the only ones that are statistically better and 12-13 isn't by much. Like I said defensively throughout the season he isn't as good and I do think team defense does have some part in that but offensively he is has been great. Top 3 most efficient G/F in the game today.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When LeBron retires he's gonna buy the Lakers & move them back to Minneapolis.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking of starting a gofundme page for a fat bag of the Sticky Icky. Anyone wanna donate to the cause?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Lakers chances of making the playoffs slim.........I hope the Clipps go deeeeeeeeeeeeeep into the playoffs.

There, I just jinxed them.

*Watches out for Big Red in retaliation*
hot-girl-gets-tackled.gif

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id say im getting the entertainment value watching a team with LeBron James and Kyrie Irving.

id say that your entertainment has been reduced to rooting against a player since your own team is irrelevant.
I'd say that all the losing the Cavs have been doing is making it harder & harder for you to come here & act like that team don't have issues.

Can't wait until the playoffs & they face teams that play on BOTH ends of the court consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.