• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why we know Wiggy doesn't know anything about basketball. He thinks that just because there hasn't been much, if any, slow down by Lebron on offense, that he hasn't slowed down.

All one has to do is watch him play defense to see it. It reminds me so much of Kobe's defense when his decline started. It went from him guarding the opponents best player all of the time, to him doing it part time, to him covering them in key situations. Lebron is at the "part time/key situations" part.
just becomes lebron isnt going full tilt in the regular season doesnt mean the ability isnt there

Exhibit 1 A?---- his defining moment.

NOT EVEN ONE PLAYER in the NBA could have POSSIBLY made the play that he made in Game 7- the play of his career.

Does LeBron have the pure athleticism he had at 23 years old right now? ehhhh prob. not--- has he supplemented that with intelligence and gamesmanship and expiernece? absolutely

and he can still get up and make a play like this- which no one else in the NBA could EVEN dream of making.

upload_2017-4-3_11-52-46.jpeg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just becomes lebron isnt going full tilt in the regular season doesnt mean the ability isnt there

Exhibit 1 A?---- his defining moment.

NOT EVEN ONE PLAYER in the NBA could have POSSIBLY made the play that he made in Game 7- the play of his career.

Does LeBron have the pure athleticism he had at 23 years old right now? ehhhh prob. not--- has he supplemented that with intelligence and gamesmanship and expiernece? absolutely

and he can still get up and make a play like this- which no one else in the NBA could EVEN dream of making.

View attachment 157286

That was probably the single greatest play of his career. And wiggy don't be so homeristic (ooppss, too late!). Of course LeBron isn't as athletic now as he was in his early 20's.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think elite FA's would shy away from a team that has LaVar "BS" Ball associated with it. This is coming from a huge Bruins fan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was probably the single greatest play of his career. And wiggy don't be so homeristic (ooppss, too late!). Of course LeBron isn't as athletic now as he was in his early 20's.
for sure--- no way is he the pure athlete he was at 23- but that doesnt mean he isnt as good. As a player you can do a lot of things and learn things, and get better, technique etc.

LeBron DEFINITELY doesnt put forth the same effort he did during the regular season- thats for sure--- but when he ramps it up- he can still find it - thats for sure.

The defining moment of his career was an insane defensive play that im not sure if anyone else in the history of the league could have made- and it happened 9 months ago.

LeBron WITHOUT a doubt still has that level of play in reserve- he doesnt tape into it nearly as often--- ESPECIALLY in the regular season--- but dont let that fool you- its still there.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar Ball made more 3's than Ray Allen.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar Ball got the NBA's 1st ever quadruple double, not Nate Thurmond.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think elite FA's would shy away from a team that has LaVar "BS" Ball associated with it. This is coming from a huge Bruins fan.

I don't believe so. Players don't take Lavar Ball seriously. And by Lonzo Ball's game, he seems to get others involved. So I think the exact opposite would occur. He'd need to prove himself at the next level for a couple of years. But if he lives up to the hype, I think there'd be some players that would want to play on the same team as him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for sure--- no way is he the pure athlete he was at 23- but that doesnt mean he isnt as good. As a player you can do a lot of things and learn things, and get better, technique etc.

LeBron DEFINITELY doesnt put forth the same effort he did during the regular season- thats for sure--- but when he ramps it up- he can still find it - thats for sure.

The defining moment of his career was an insane defensive play that im not sure if anyone else in the history of the league could have made- and it happened 9 months ago.

LeBron WITHOUT a doubt still has that level of play in reserve- he doesnt tape into it nearly as often--- ESPECIALLY in the regular season--- but dont let that fool you- its still there.

Hey you got chapped lips yet from always kissing LeBron's behind?:D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen anything this season that makes me think LeBron's individual defense has dramatically changed.

You should watch more games then. It's obvious. It mainly shows in how much less time he spends guarding the opponents best player and in occasionally getting beat off the dribble by guys that have no business doing so.

It's why I say he reminds me of Kobe when his decline started. It started on the defensive and showed itself in ways that we are starting to see with Lebron.

He can still step up and look like the "Lebron of old" at various times throughout the game. But it takes more out of him now and he can't stay with those type players as long as he used to without it starting to effect the rest of his game.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should watch more games then. It's obvious. It mainly shows in how much less time he spends guarding the opponents best player and in occasionally getting beat off the dribble by guys that have no business doing so.

It's why I say he reminds me of Kobe when his decline started. It started on the defensive and showed itself in ways that we are starting to see with Lebron.

He can still step up and look like the "Lebron of old" at various times throughout the game. But it takes more out of him now and he can't stay with those type players as long as he used to without it starting to effect the rest of his game.

Yep. And when James declines big time, he'll be hanging out behind the arc and his rpg numbers will decline when he's spending time on the perimeter. I doubt his apg totals will drop much since he'll still have Irving and Love to throw the ball to. But, his ppg and rpg will drop.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not hating at all.....he's a great player. Just stating what will most likely happen.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kobe enters the HOF his speech will be about how awful all of his teammates were. His speech will go something like this...

"I'd like to thank myself. That is all."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

uhh that started years ago- when he first got to the Cavs. Its one of the reasons Shumpert is so important because he allows LeBron to conserve his energy.

and i think that is a MUCH more accurate statement- LeBron does a lot more to conserve his energy- and doesnt play the other teams best guy defensively as much, doesnt put 100% effort into the defensive end during the regular season...

but as for his ability? the ability is still there 100%- hes at the top of his game ability wise. Anyone who has watched him in the playoffs the last 2 years knows that.

Its also one of the reasons why i think these people who are panicking over the Cavs defense are going to be in for a big ole surprise once the playoffs roll around.

regular season LeBron and playoff LeBron are 2 very different animals at this point- which is smart. No one is going to remember or give a flying fuck what the Cavs do in the regular season. There is NOTHING - not one thinkg they can prove during the regular the last 3 years.

if someone wants to say LeBron doesnt put as much effort into the defensive end during the regular season- hey i totally agree with that statement.

if someone wants to say that LeBron has lost a step and no longer has that top gear he used to have....HELLL NOOOO. "The Block" is all you have to see.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And when James declines big time, he'll be hanging out behind the arc and his rpg numbers will decline when he's spending time on the perimeter. I doubt his apg totals will drop much since he'll still have Irving and Love to throw the ball to. But, his ppg and rpg will drop.
i think the opposite. I think as LeBron ages he will move closer to the basket and play more as a PF.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I think it's funny that people are waiting for Father Time to catch up w/ LeBron. He's no different than any other athlete. Now time for an escape route outta here...

:plane:

:trash:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, I've seen probably 68 of the 70 games he's played in this season. The wonders of DVR.

I'm not saying I haven't seen bad defense from him. What I said was that the bad defense I've seen has been - in my estimation - the result of effort or miscommunication with teammates. I haven't seen him get beat in a foot race, or fail to jump high enough. This isn't a plodding old dude that you can see just doesn't have the stuff to keep up. I'm sure he's had some athletic decline, because I assume he is a mortal human being - but where he's at right now, today - athletically - is still in the elite echelon of nba players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I've seen probably 68 of the 70 games he's played in this season. The wonders of DVR.

I'm not saying I haven't seen bad defense from him. What I said was that the bad defense I've seen has been - in my estimation - the result of effort or miscommunication with teammates. I haven't seen him get beat in a foot race, or fail to jump high enough. This isn't a plodding old dude that you can see just doesn't have the stuff to keep up. I'm sure he's had some athletic decline, because I assume he is a mortal human being - but where he's at right now, today - athletically - is still in the elite echelon of nba players.
i dont think there is even 1 player in the NBA that could have made the play he made on Iggy last year in Game 7 besides him.

In my opinion- only 1 guy in the NBA could have made that play and has both the size, speed, strength, VISION, insane hand/eye coordination, and ability to balance in the air like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.