• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For pete's sake you fans of tanking teams....what the hell is wrong with a win or two, for confidence? How many ping pong balls do you lose from 29th vs 30th? With a draft this deep? Jeebus.

For the Lakers, they need as many ping pong balls as possible. If they don't land in the top 3, they lose the pick.

Having said that, I am more interested in the development of the kids we have now, than worrying about what kid we might get in the draft.

I think last nights win was good because it showed some growth. They were in a close game late vs. a playoff team. They have been in quite a few games late vs. top opponents and have lost those games because they don't know how to close out games. Last night, they were able to close out the game.

So, while I would prefer to see them play well and lose, I think yesterday could be helpful for their development. If it ends up costing them the top 3 pick, it's not the end of the world and at least they will still have the first rounder from the Rockets.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Columbus is definitely crowded. It was really crowded the last time I was there nearly 11 years ago. And I can't imagine things have gotten better.

used to know a couple of chicks that would always rave about Toledo...or Too-Lee-Doo as they used to call it...:dhd:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention my teams have the worst luck ever. One more ping pong ball absolutely matters to me.

Imagine if the Suns had won the coin toss all those years ago and ended up with Kareem instead of Neal Walk.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
used to know a couple of chick that would always rave about Toledo...or Too-Lee-Doo as they used to call it...:dhd:

The city of Toledo can go fuck themselves sideways. They are way too close to the state of Michigan + that city is infested w/ wolvereeeen fans.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just needs to be re-quoted....
I mean... it was a double overtime game...

How many double-overtime games in April do you think LeBron has participated in??

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Lakers, they need as many ping pong balls as possible. If they don't land in the top 3, they lose the pick.

Having said that, I am more interested in the development of the kids we have now, than worrying about what kid we might get in the draft.

I think last nights win was good because it showed some growth. They were in a close game late vs. a playoff team. They have been in quite a few games late vs. top opponents and have lost those games because they don't know how to close out games. Last night, they were able to close out the game.

So, while I would prefer to see them play well and lose, I think yesterday could be helpful for their development. If it ends up costing them the top 3 pick, it's not the end of the world and at least they will still have the first rounder from the Rockets.
I think you are seriously discounting the value of a top 3 pick--- "not the end of the world"---

i mean- its the difference between getting a top 3 pick in a draft that is LOADED in the top 7-8 picks- AND keeping the pick that might go to Orlando.

I mean- i dont think you could put ENOUGH importance on getting a Jackson or Ball or Fultz. If any one of those guys was drafted by the Lakers they would become the biggest potential talent the Lakers have had since Kobe and a possibility to be the guy on the front of the Lakers program, the guy who's picture is printed on their season tickets- the guy that is their true FRANCHISE player going forward.

I mean- in the NBA- thats the MOST important thing- a FRANCHISE player in their prime....while i think the Lakers have done a decent/solid job of drafting the last few years- if i was putting money on anyone currently on their roster becoming a "franchise" guy- id prob say no.

If they had Ball or Fultz or Jackson- id say PROB yes. That guy would allow all the other guys to fit into roles they are better established for--- to let Russell be the #2 guy and not have as much emphasis on scoring- to let Ingram slot in at 3 and become (hopefully) a better version of a Luol Deng in his prime type player--- to allow Randle to become that 4th guy who grabs a bunch of rebounds, runs the court etc.

It would just make the roster fall into place so much better and allow guys to be put into roles where they arent asked to do stuff they prob. arent capable of doing

that- AND - if you are trying to bring in an elite free agent- having LaVar Ball or Fultz certainly would help.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On an unrelated topic whoever invented Mondays was a real asshole.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was guarding Paul George late in the game and George was doing just whatever he wanted.

That's why we know Wiggy doesn't know anything about basketball. He thinks that just because there hasn't been much, if any, slow down by Lebron on offense, that he hasn't slowed down.

All one has to do is watch him play defense to see it. It reminds me so much of Kobe's defense when his decline started. It went from him guarding the opponents best player all of the time, to him doing it part time, to him covering them in key situations. Lebron is at the "part time/key situations" part.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are seriously discounting the value of a top 3 pick--- "not the end of the world"---

i mean- its the difference between getting a top 3 pick in a draft that is LOADED in the top 7-8 picks- AND keeping the pick that might go to Orlando.

I mean- i dont think you could put ENOUGH importance on getting a Jackson or Ball or Fultz. If any one of those guys was drafted by the Lakers they would become the biggest potential talent the Lakers have had since Kobe and a possibility to be the guy on the front of the Lakers program, the guy who's picture is printed on their season tickets- the guy that is their true FRANCHISE player going forward.

I mean- in the NBA- thats the MOST important thing- a FRANCHISE player in their prime....while i think the Lakers have done a decent/solid job of drafting the last few years- if i was putting money on anyone currently on their roster becoming a "franchise" guy- id prob say no.

If they had Ball or Fultz or Jackson- id say PROB yes. That guy would allow all the other guys to fit into roles they are better established for--- to let Russell be the #2 guy and not have as much emphasis on scoring- to let Ingram slot in at 3 and become (hopefully) a better version of a Luol Deng in his prime type player--- to allow Randle to become that 4th guy who grabs a bunch of rebounds, runs the court etc.

It would just make the roster fall into place so much better and allow guys to be put into roles where they arent asked to do stuff they prob. arent capable of doing

that- AND - if you are trying to bring in an elite free agent- having LaVar Ball or Fultz certainly would help.

I don't want Lonzo to go to the Lakers just so we can see his crazy father flip out.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why we know Wiggy doesn't know anything about basketball. He thinks that just because there hasn't been much, if any, slow down by Lebron on offense, that he hasn't slowed down.

All one has to do is watch him play defense to see it. It reminds me so much of Kobe's defense when his decline started. It went from him guarding the opponents best player all of the time, to him doing it part time, to him covering them in key situations. Lebron is at the "part time/key situations" part.

You and I see eye to eye on this subject.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was a lot of fun. The Cavs have been involved in quite the trio of entertaining games this season between the Christmas game, the Wizards OT game, and this double-OT game.

Games like that are what make being an NBA fan fun.

That Lebron/PG-13 duel was a blast. It was like they were playing "Can You Top This?"

Status
Not open for further replies.