• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus is nice.....its just a pain in the ass to drive there- drop something off- and turn around and come right back...

i fucking flew though- was going 80 most of the way...my brand new Passatt opened up its legs...

Yeah Columbus is definitely crowded. It was really crowded the last time I was there nearly 11 years ago. And I can't imagine things have gotten better.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I missed most of the first half. Down the stretch there was some plays that looked bad defensively that came down - imo - to miscommunication/failure to execute on a team level.

I think the reason TT and Lue and LeBron were getting into it was a direct result of that. TT was defending the pick and roll with the strategy of hedging then staying home on his man inside to protect the paint and rebound. LeBron was defending the pick in a way that suggested he was expecting TT to switch and go out top.

Anyway, from what I saw, it just looked like LeBron was expecting help a couple times and it didn't come. You defend very differently when you are expecting a switch vs when you aren't. That can look like really bad defense when it reality it is a miscommunication between players and who knows who was in the right.

I haven't seen anything this season that makes me think LeBron's individual defense has dramatically changed. When I see bad defense from him its usually effort or a team communication issue. Athletically, I really still think its all there.

I agree with what you said. That wasn't the play I was referencing though. There were a couple of spots in the OTs where Bron was on George where George easily beat Lebron off the dribble to get in the lane and get a layup or a spot up jumper in the lane.

Sure, it's Paul George he's a really good player. But again, Lebron in his "heyday" on defense wouldn't have allowed George to get by him and forced him into a 18-foot contested shot. And that's the point - it's those little things that are starting to become noticeable. Lebron's decline isn't going to happen completely overnight where he's some average player. It will chip away bit by bit. Just my .02.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Columbus is definitely crowded. It was really crowded the last time I was there nearly 11 years ago. And I can't imagine things have gotten better.
technically i think its the biggest city in Ohio now when yo uinclude the suburbs etc. and one of the biggest in the country....

its nice- its a lot newer and a lot more modern then Cleveland---- i dunno...its a nice place.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron and tt really got into it last night in OT...

im just glad we are finally seeing some fire from this team and some fight. Kyrie knocking that guy on his ass the other day- LeBron getting on Tristans ass.

i think they are beginning to develop that edge that they need.

Agreed, I saw someone say Cavs fans shouldn't feel good about that game, but I totally disagree.

Not that this 1 close win over a .500 team magically erases the past month, of course. It doesn't really fix anything.

But if we blew them out that wouldn't really do anything for my confidence either.

Seeing them get edgy and clutch out a tight game was good.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,098.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the city of Columbus. If I ever move back to Ohio it would be in that area & not NE Ohio.

Want to visit Columbus because I've heard about a deli there that is great and there's a FN poster that lives there.....originally from CA.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to visit Columbus because I've heard about a deli there that is great and there's a FN poster that lives there.....originally from CA.

Is it Katzinger's? That place has great food.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what you said. That wasn't the play I was referencing though. There were a couple of spots in the OTs where Bron was on George where George easily beat Lebron off the dribble to get in the lane and get a layup or a spot up jumper in the lane.

Sure, it's Paul George he's a really good player. But again, Lebron in his "heyday" on defense wouldn't have allowed George to get by him and forced him into a 18-foot contested shot. And that's the point - it's those little things that are starting to become noticeable. Lebron's decline isn't going to happen completely overnight where he's some average player. It will chip away bit by bit. Just my .02.

Father Time is undefeated. And he will catch up to LeBron.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't understand the reason why everyone's analyzing Lebron and TK yelling at each other. Apparently no one ever saw Chalmers and Lebron's interactions in Miami.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron had a 40 point triple double yesterday and the haters are out in full force....just another day...yawn.....

lol.....just part of the game when you are THE KING.

Translation:"only my observation counts. LeClown's not less effective on defense.":rolleyes2:-WiggyRuss

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many trip-dubs does Westbrook have? Didn't he recently have a 50+ point trip-dub? And stop huggin' LeBron's nuts!

he's just trolling, you KNOW that, don't you...?:lol:

he'll zip his LeClown jizz -covered mouth when his team gets balled up like a gum wrapper again...

Status
Not open for further replies.