• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron had a 40 point triple double yesterday and the haters are out in full force....just another day...yawn.....

lol.....just part of the game when you are THE KING.

Well LeBron might be Duh King but wiggy you are the court jester.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I really couldn't give two shits about a triple dub anymore. Westbrook has 1 every other game alone this season. Never saw Thunder fans coming out on here when Westbrook got a 50+ point tripe dub.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I really couldn't give two shits about a triple dub anymore. Westbrook has 1 every other game alone this season. Never saw Thunder fans coming out on here when Westbrook got a 50+ point tripe dub.

I mean, yah, a triple double is just an arbitrary cutoff that in and of itself doesn't mean much.

But 41 points, 16 rebounds, and 11 assists on 56% shooting, with just 1 turnover?? That's pretty hard to be dismissive of, imo.

Also, I don't see how Westbrook's historical accomplishment this season can be used to discount others.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well LeBron might be Duh King but wiggy you are the court jester.
speaking of court jester-

who had to drive to Columbus yesterday because overnight service doesnt work on Sundays to turn in their bar application?

THIS GUY

what a pain in the ass. Seriously- i found a notary in a fucking grocery store bank and fucking fucks fuckheads at ups and fedex dont work on sundays- lazy bastards.

seriously i am this close to snapping today. I have a client meeting at 3 and after it im fucking gonzo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who had to drive to Columbus yesterday because overnight service doesnt work on Sundays to turn in their bar application?

THIS GUY

what a pain in the ass. Seriously- i found a notary in a fucking grocery store bank and fucking fucks fuckheads at ups and fedex dont work on sundays- lazy bastards.

seriously i am this close to snapping today. I have a client meeting at 3 and after it im fucking gonzo.

I like the city of Columbus. If I ever move back to Ohio it would be in that area & not NE Ohio.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George was great, and LeBron was even better.

George looked like the better player on that court last night.

Lebron was ultra effective, but his defense was atrocious.

Also, George didn't seem to have any help come the two OTs. Guys like JR Smith stepped up last night.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS GUY

Kudos on being resourceful.

I've been bit in similar ways on Sundays.

Also, congrats on Taron Vincent's commitment to the Buckeyes. So happy I don't have to see that kid at FSU.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the city of Columbus. If I ever move back to Ohio it would be in that area & not NE Ohio.
Columbus is nice.....its just a pain in the ass to drive there- drop something off- and turn around and come right back...

i fucking flew though- was going 80 most of the way...my brand new Passatt opened up its legs...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George looked like the better player on that court last night.

Lebron was ultra effective, but his defense was atrocious.

Also, George didn't seem to have any help come the two OTs. Guys like JR Smith stepped up last night.

Its not a crazy opinion, but I disagree. Either way, it was close, they were both great.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos on being resourceful.

I've been bit in similar ways on Sundays.

Also, congrats on Taron Vincent's commitment to the Buckeyes. So happy I don't have to see that kid at FSU.
what is he a dick or something?

i mean urb did recruit hernandez didnt he? lol.

and seriously---- what a pain in hte ass-- i took off work friday to get finger printed- came into work saturday to work on the app- ahd to get it all notarized, and get about a G worth of certified checks- and then drive them to columbus.

seriously--- i know the test is gonna be awful- but I ABHOR this adminstrative bullshit. I fucking hate it so much.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a crazy opinion, but I disagree. Either way, it was close, they were both great.

Perhaps I was being overly critical on Bron Bron, his stat line suggested he was pretty good last night. But that decline is evident on the defensive end. I go back to Lebron's Miami days and its a night and day difference.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is he a dick or something?

i mean urb did recruit hernandez didnt he? lol.

and seriously---- what a pain in hte ass-- i took off work friday to get finger printed- came into work saturday to work on the app- ahd to get it all notarized, and get about a G worth of certified checks- and then drive them to columbus.

seriously--- i know the test is gonna be awful- but I ABHOR this adminstrative bullshit. I fucking hate it so much.

Wasn't being sarcastic on Vincent. Kid's the number 1 DT in the nation. The uncle of a receiver who's on the same team at IMG said Vincent's actually a pretty good kid. Just happy he didn't go to FSU - lord knows those assholes are stocked to the brim at DT. Plus, Miami doesn't play Ohio St. regularly.

Yeah, Urb recruited Hernandez at UF. Which is ironic to still hear UF fans call Miami "Thug U" (don't know why they think that hurts our feelings). We've never had anyone with Hernandez' rap sheet.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I was being overly critical on Bron Bron, his stat line suggested he was pretty good last night. But that decline is evident on the defensive end. I go back to Lebron's Miami days and its a night and day difference.
lebron and tt really got into it last night in OT...

im just glad we are finally seeing some fire from this team and some fight. Kyrie knocking that guy on his ass the other day- LeBron getting on Tristans ass.

i think they are beginning to develop that edge that they need.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,098.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question. Are the Bulls playing better without Wade? Yes or No?

My panties are not in a bunch. The Heat are what they are. We had a great run but we were in a spot due to this roster where we could not afford any more injuries. Same thing would have happened had Goran or Hassan went down.

it would have happened to all but 7-8 teams in the league who have the depth to withstand losing their main closer.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron and tt really got into it last night in OT...

im just glad we are finally seeing some fire from this team and some fight. Kyrie knocking that guy on his ass the other day- LeBron getting on Tristans ass.

i think they are beginning to develop that edge that they need.

Well they needed something.

We'll see what happens. I still think Clevelan ends up in the Finals. But this team's defense looks significantly worst than last year. At least you look better offensively.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I admit I missed most of the first half. Down the stretch there was some plays that looked bad defensively that came down - imo - to miscommunication/failure to execute on a team level.

I think the reason TT and Lue and LeBron were getting into it was a direct result of that. TT was defending the pick and roll with the strategy of hedging then staying home on his man inside to protect the paint and rebound. LeBron was defending the pick in a way that suggested he was expecting TT to switch and go out top.

Anyway, from what I saw, it just looked like LeBron was expecting help a couple times and it didn't come. You defend very differently when you are expecting a switch vs when you aren't. That can look like really bad defense when it reality it is a miscommunication between players and who knows who was in the right.

I haven't seen anything this season that makes me think LeBron's individual defense has dramatically changed. When I see bad defense from him its usually effort or a team communication issue. Athletically, I really still think its all there.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,098.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron with 11 triple doubles this season.

previous career high was 7.

slowing down BIG TIME. LOL.

He also has 2 superstar players in their prime.....let's not forget that. However, he's certainly no RW or Harden.

Status
Not open for further replies.