• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is complete bullshit. There's no extra credit for winning a title in a loser city. There have been other greats that have won titles in cities that are used to losing. No one else get extra credit.

More bullshit. Lebron was the one who grabbed the microphone and said "Not 1, not 2, not 3..." He was the undisputed leader of that team, so he gets to wear it.

The instant he signed and with the moves he forced, it became championship or bust every single season.

-I grew up in NE Ohio & understand what that title means to that part of the state.

-So LeBron is the only member of the Heat that should take the blame for losing those 2 Finals? If so I disagree. If it really is a team game then the team lost, not just LeBron. But I do think he firmly stuck his foot in his mouth w/ that...not 1, not 2, not 3 nonsense? Absolutely.

-And nobody in their right mind truly expects him to win a title every year in Cleveland. That's an unrealistic expectation.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has wiggy said anything about the bet I offered or is he just pretending he didn't see shit again?

giphy.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you did that, I'd just make a "2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread V2", and go bully him in there.

Which would become the main thread and he'd be banned from that one too. lol

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-I grew up in NE Ohio & understand what that title means to that part of the state.

-So LeBron is the only member of the Heat that should take the blame for losing those 2 Finals? If so I disagree. If it really is a team game then the team lost, not just LeBron. But I do think he firmly stuck his foot in his mouth w/ that...not 1, not 2, not 3 nonsense? Absolutely.

-And nobody in their right mind truly expects him to win a title every year in Cleveland. That's an unrealistic expectation.

For the 2014 finals, I'll place more blame on Bosh, wade, and the team defense in general.

As for 2011, yes he is the only one who should take the blame for losing that finals. Miami easily defeats Dallas in 5 if he actually showed up. His #'s in that series was a complete embarrassment.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't, you'd have no reason to post about it. People don't typically post about things they don't give a shit about.

If I really gave a shit I'd be calling people out on a daily basis & saying stupid shit defending LeBron like wiggy does.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 2014 finals, I'll place more blame on Bosh, wade, and the team defense in general.

As for 2011, yes he is the only one who should take the blame for losing that finals. Miami easily defeats Dallas in 5 if he actually showed up. His #'s in that series was a complete embarrassment.

I actually blame LeBron & Wade for the '11 Finals loss because they were making fun of Dirk for being under the weather.:D In all seriousness though I never have & never will pin a Finals loss on 1 player when it's supposed to be a team game.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know how ANYONE can EXPECT any team in any major sport to win a title. As i have said a million times on here--- no matter how good you are- no matter how great your players are, your coaching etc- you always need some good luck to win.

Like Miami--- not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4---- and what happened? they won 2 of 4- which is great. But no one "expected" the Heat to win all 4 titles. Thats just not how pro sports works.

Everyone expected the Warriors to win the Finals last year when they started- and CERTAINLY "expected" them to win up 3-1- but they choked their balls off.

LeBron is 32 right now--- if he plays 5 more years--- for a total of 8 years in Cleveland- if he wins 2-3 titles and makes the Finals 5-6 times that would be overwhelmingly a succesfull run.

shit- of COURSE everyone "expected" the Lakers to win the year they lost to the Pistons- but it didnt happen- because thats just simply not how pro sports work. The examples are infinite.

its why you play the games

i do know one thing though- as long as THE KING is playing at the height of his abilities- the Cavs will go deep into the playoffs and have a chance at winning it every single year. You cant "expect" anything more than that.
But here's how the NBA works. Before the season even starts, there's normally 2, or a few teams teams that fall into the title or bust range. It doesn't matter if we pick the end right, because it's epic fail(title or bust) for the few teams that don't win the title, unless someone wants to give them an excuse, and even then it's still a fail on some levels with whatever valid excuse.
Cleveland is in title or bust range, which means it's a failed season if they don't win the chip, just like it was with Miami, the Warriors, and the Lakers that year. Oh and as for Lebron, look, the league is only gonna get younger and better. You're gonna have to hope that Kyrie can lead the team to a title when Lebron hands over the keys either next year, or the year after

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually blame LeBron & Wade for the '11 Finals loss because they were making fun of Dirk for being under the weather.:D In all seriousness though I never have & never will pin a Finals loss on 1 player when it's supposed to be a team game.

Wade and Bosh did their part. It was a bad roster with not a lot of talent after the big 3. If LBJ carries his load then Miami wins the title

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those pick em things are pretty ghey, tbh. I would win with hilarious ease if I decided to play in them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't already do that?

No I haven't. So me any post where I have ever defended LeBron in the fashion that wiggy does. And while I'm not a fan of his I just don't have the same issues w/ him that you & others have.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because I think it's funny that the same people say the same stuff for years I somehow have an issue w/ what they say? That's absurd. And other than messing w/ turnup name another anti LeBron person I've ever given any shit to about this topic & been serious about it. I've said my share of anti LeBron stuff. And has he taken those nicknames & used them too much? No doubt about it.
Thinking something is funny usually ends with an "LOL" or you've rated their post "funny". Those aren't the posts I'm referring to.

The message is clear that you have a problem when you pick arguments with anti LeBroners. And you've done it on many occasions- with multiple posters- sometimes on the same thread at the same time. I'm not going to spend my time going back through multiple pages over several dates- and if that means you disagree then so be it. Doesn't mean it didn't/ doesn't happen. I'm not getting into another round of back n forth with you about it. But the same way you feel some say the same thing over & over some also feel you need to own your crap too.

Status
Not open for further replies.