• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under normal circumstances I would agree. But in your case you throw so much out there to the thread- a lot of which just seems so over the top & unnecessary- that it's hard not to think you do it for attention.

like he can call ANYBODY "weird"...

here's a fool who spends nearly ALL of his time trying to build his frail ego on a sports message board...

tell me if THAT doesn't scream "shitty life":lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:...?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The instant Lebron agreed to return to Cleveland, the Cavs became championship or bust every season he is there. He's closer to the end of his career than the beginning and his legacy is extremely important to him. Legacies are built on rings and Lebron doesn't have enough yet. It's why he made sure Wiggins was shipped off to Minny for Love and why he's cried all season long about not having enough help.

Then why have you predicted titles all 3 years that he's been back? You didn't switch to winning the East being good enough until it became obvious that there are, at least 2, and maybe even 3 teams that are better than the Cavs and that there are a couple of teams in the East that could pull off an upset if the Cavs don't bring their A game.

Not even close. I realize "The Land" wears losing like a badge of honor, but 2-4 or 2-5 in the finals isn't even close to successful on a major level. It's "Championship or bust" not "Runner up or bust."

To address the last point - the Heat with their big 3 run was a bit of a disappointment in my eyes. Was it a failure? No. But we didn't realize our full potential - and it all boils down to a missed opportunity in 2011. In 2014 I was able to accept that the Spurs were just flat out better. But when you have Lebron and 2 other all-stars in a relatively weak conference and are in the Finals every year, winning at .500 or less is a disappointment considering the advantage of having an easier road.

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is complete bullshit. There's no extra credit for winning a title in a loser city. There have been other greats that have won titles in cities that are used to losing. No one else get extra credit.

More bullshit. Lebron was the one who grabbed the microphone and said "Not 1, not 2, not 3..." He was the undisputed leader of that team, so he gets to wear it.

The instant he signed and with the moves he forced, it became championship or bust every single season.

Lebron's losses in Miami were bad. I don't need to dive into 2011 because that one's a given.

In 2014, we got annihilated by the Spurs. You didn't see this Hurculean effort from Lebron like we saw in his last 2 Finals against the Warriors. Lebron seemed satisfied knowing that he was pulling his weight and that he had no help - IMO he was already mentally checked out because he knew he was leaving.

Had he put that same effort in the Finals, maybe a light bulb goes off with some of his teammates and makes it a more competitive series.

But yeah, Lebron was the one that made that delivery, even though it was ridiculously absurd even at that time.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if the Heat move up to 7th & Cavs stay @ #2.

#cavscanthidefromtheheat

I have to thank the Cavs. If we win, it shows that their tanking purposes are giving the Heat added motivation to move up in the standings. Funny to also see Wiggy-wam call the Heat pathetic for fighting for 8th seed while we've seen his pathetic franchise curl into a ball when Lebron left and at one point loss 26-straight games.

Reactions: LAD

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I've missed a lot of back and forth between Wiggy and the rest of the board again, I'm disappointed in myself.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if the Heat move up to 7th & Cavs stay @ #2.

#cavscanthidefromtheheat

i'll say it again. i WANT to see this series happen just because Mr. hoof-in-mouth talked so much trash about it, then watch him sweat bullets over it...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to thank the Cavs. If we win, it shows that their tanking purposes are giving the Heat added motivation to move up in the standings. Funny to also see Wiggy-wam call the Heat pathetic for fighting for 8th seed while we've seen his pathetic franchise curl into a ball when Lebron left and at one point loss 26-straight games.
I am praying this match up happens...wanted it last season until the Heat suffered all those injuries late in the season.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as you SHOULD be...

now apologize to the board...:lol:
Sorry board, I'll try not to miss the banter the next day it happens. Which should be any day that ends with a y.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll say it again. i WANT to see this series happen just because Mr. hoof-in-mouth talked so much trash about it, then watch him sweat bullets over it...
I'll tell you what- his absence from these boards during that series might be well over-due!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but-but-but one ring compensates for about 50 years of a City's ineptitude, right...?

right...?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:
I'll tell you what- his absence from these boards during that series might be well over-due!

"absence" as in being signed on, but too cowardly to take the crap he'd get if he opened his fly trap...?

yeah, he's known for that. see being destroyed by the Spurs a couple of nights ago...:laugh3:

Status
Not open for further replies.