• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has wiggy said anything about the bet I offered or is he just pretending he didn't see shit again?

Reactions: TJL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think the Cavs expected to win the title every year that LeBron is here?

Yes. The instant Lebron agreed to return to Cleveland, the Cavs became championship or bust every season he is there. He's closer to the end of his career than the beginning and his legacy is extremely important to him. Legacies are built on rings and Lebron doesn't have enough yet. It's why he made sure Wiggins was shipped off to Minny for Love and why he's cried all season long about not having enough help.

I sure didnt

Then why have you predicted titles all 3 years that he's been back? You didn't switch to winning the East being good enough until it became obvious that there are, at least 2, and maybe even 3 teams that are better than the Cavs and that there are a couple of teams in the East that could pull off an upset if the Cavs don't bring their A game.

If LeBron plays 6-7 years in Cleveland and comes away with 5 title appearances and 2 titles that would be without a doubt success on a major level.

Not even close. I realize "The Land" wears losing like a badge of honor, but 2-4 or 2-5 in the finals isn't even close to successful on a major level. It's "Championship or bust" not "Runner up or bust."

Reactions: LAD

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did i miss?

9e872ed12f03ded2d11bcd620efcbe13.395x395x1.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point you're missing is that James has anointed himself the King. Which is also saying he's the leader. And no, he didn't lose those Finals by himself & neither did any other LEADER that has lost on that stage. But they all share carrying the burden of losses as leaders. It's a club LBJ wanted to be a part of, can't cry now about it.

In terms of his legacy IMO that's subjective. Some people think his individual accolades are what shapes his legacy while others believe that in a team sport the success of the team is what matters the most.

Hey to each their own but I haven't missed anything. His nicknames are absurd but I'm not going to judge him by that. I've said many times I'm not a fan of his but I don't have the nonstop issues w/ him that others do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think just because a team is a favorite it means they will win you are a fucking idiot.

No one said they will win. Only that they are favored to win.

Jordan won 6 titles in 15 years.

And his Bulls were favored to win every one of those 6 years and weren't in the other 9.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey to each their own but I haven't missed anything. His nicknames are absurd but I'm not going to judge him by that. I've said many times I'm not a fan of his but I don't have the nonstop issues w/ him that others do.

And it was the media when he was in HS that 1st called him the Chosen One.
Maybe you don't have the non-stop issues with him but you certainly come here & have them with people who aren't pro LBJ.

And I didn't question where the nick names started but I hope you're not arguing that he hasn't taken on those nick names & used them as descriptions of himself.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yo tf12, thought trolls had to be entertaining to stick around. today he's hitting the ol' bore-ometer pretty hard...

I wonder what the odds in Vegas are of him lasting through the playoffs? I'm guessing that "not" would be the favorite. :dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron brought a title to a city that hadn't won anything in 5+ decades. For me his legacy is cemented. Only people that have issues w/ him will only focus on his Finals failures. But to be fair it's not like he lost those Finals all by himself, his teams did. Funny nobody gives D.Wade any shit, he was a very important part of those Heat teams as well. And I agree that nobody is expecting him to win a title every year.
yah---- i mean- would i love LeBron to win a title this year? of course- will it be extremely disapointing if they lose to the Whinerriors? of course----

but i cant EXPECt LeBron to win a title every year in Cleveland.

If i am looking at it realistically- if he plays in Cleveland this 2nd go around for a total of 8 years---- until he is 37--- and he goes to the Finals 6 of those years and wins 2-3 titles- that would be a helluva run. I mean- some jackasses on here like turnup said he would leave before even winning one ring.

As i have said a ton of times--- there isnt a team that has won a title without things going well for them.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the odds in Vegas are of him lasting through the playoffs? I'm guessing that "not" would be the favorite. :dhd:

What constitutes a ban here? seems to me like everything goes and you'd have to do something major to get the hammer

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron brought a title to a city that hadn't won anything in 5+ decades.

This is complete bullshit. There's no extra credit for winning a title in a loser city. There have been other greats that have won titles in cities that are used to losing. No one else get extra credit.

But to be fair it's not like he lost those Finals all by himself, his teams did. Funny nobody gives D.Wade any shit, he was a very important part of those Heat teams as well.

More bullshit. Lebron was the one who grabbed the microphone and said "Not 1, not 2, not 3..." He was the undisputed leader of that team, so he gets to wear it.

And I agree that nobody is expecting him to win a title every year.

The instant he signed and with the moves he forced, it became championship or bust every single season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you don't have the non-stop issues with him but you certainly come here & have them with people who aren't pro LBJ.

And I didn't question where the nick names started but I hope you're not arguing that he hasn't taken on those nick names & used them as descriptions of himself.

So because I think it's funny that the same people say the same stuff for years I somehow have an issue w/ what they say? That's absurd. And other than messing w/ turnup name another anti LeBron person I've ever given any shit to about this topic & been serious about it. I've said my share of anti LeBron stuff. And has he taken those nicknames & used them too much? No doubt about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What constitutes a ban here? seems to me like everything goes and you'd have to do something major to get the hammer

Being a unentertaining troll can get you banned. I'd only ban him from the main thread though. It'd be more fun.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a unentertaining troll can get you banned. I'd only ban him from the main thread though. It'd be more fun.

If you did that, I'd just make a "2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread V2", and go bully him in there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because I think it's funny that the same people say the same stuff for years I somehow have an issue w/ what they say?

If you didn't, you'd have no reason to post about it. People don't typically post about things they don't give a shit about.

Status
Not open for further replies.