• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors rested their guys on the 5th game in 7 days, on the back end of a back to back. Not only that, here is what their travel schedule was like that week:

Sunday in New York
Monday in Atlanta
Wednesday in Oakland
Friday in Minnesota
Saturday in San Antonio

This was completely the NBA's fault for this horrendous scheduling. This was a "schedule" loss all the way. It was Kerr's way of saying the NBA needs to get it together. None of those games that they played in those 7 days were anywhere close to each other. They had the Warriors play a back to back on the East coast, then making the team travel back home to play a single game, then head back out east for another back to back.

The NBA needs to own up to scheduling issues as well.

This is exactly correct.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. They owe it to the game and the league to play every game they are healthy enough to play. They are being paid millions of dollars and get plenty of rest without these rest games. If a player wants to take a game off for rest, or the team wants him to, then sit out a home game that isn't being televised nationally.

so if thats the case- why arent Mozgov and Deng playing right now?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. The job he is paid to do is to play basketball to the best of his ability for every game on the schedule that he is healthy enough to play in.

The players get paid every penny of their contracts whether they go 82-0 or 0-82. They are paid separately for the playoffs and finals. The money they get for the playoffs and finals is essentially a bonus for a job well done. Not unlike what many folks with regular jobs get with their companies.
if thats the case then why are Deng and Mozgov not playing?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. When you sign on for any job, you sign on for all of it. My job sometimes requires me to put in longer hours and I even do work "off the clock" at times, plus some travel. I don't complain about it because I really enjoy it and I knew what I was signing on for.

I'd be willing to bet that virtually everyone on here, except apparently Wiggy, could say something similar about their jobs.

You do the job you signed on for...period.
are Deng and Mozgov doing the job they are paid to do?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if thats the case- why arent Mozgov and Deng playing right now?

if thats the case then why are Deng and Mozgov not playing?

are Deng and Mozgov doing the job they are paid to do?

tumblr_mf65xjJjRO1qahdsko1_500.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were all of these messages necessary my friend?
they all address fundamentally the same question

if resting guys isnt okay- why is shutting guys down for the season okay?

arent they paid to do a job? what- they dont havea duty to put the best team on the court?

fundamentally its the same damn thing.--- you are right htough- should have quoted them all in the same post instead of 3 separate.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier, the men paying them don't care, therefore you can't use that line of thinking.
i totally agree. I understand why the Lakers are sitting them-

but you cant say the Cavs cant sit there guys becuase of the integrity of the game while saying the Lakers can sit their guys. That is hypocrisy at its finest.

The Lakers are trying to operate inside the rules- by tanking- to keep a draft pick---- no one can say they wouldnt have a better chance to win if Deng and Mozgov werent out there.

They are purposefully puting an inferior product o nthe floor in order to serve teh big picture.

how is that different then resting LeBron for the Cavs?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but you cant say the Cavs cant sit there guys becuase of the integrity of the game while saying the Lakers can sit their guys. That is hypocrisy at its finest.

The Lakers are trying to operate inside the rules- by tanking- to keep a draft pick---- no one can say they wouldnt have a better chance to win if Deng and Mozgov werent out there.

They are purposefully puting an inferior product o nthe floor in order to serve teh big picture.

Because the Lakers are rebuilding and trying to give time to younger players, they aren't the best team and defending champions and no one's paying money to see fucking DUNG and MOZGOOF

raw

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that, and agree.
Thing is, the fans dont pay to see Deng and Mozgov, but pay crazy amounts to see LeBron.
Therefore, they need to find the best possible, reasonable solution to keep players on the court.
As far as the tanking, maybe dont weigh the lotto so much.
Give the bottom 12-15 teams an equal chance to win pick #1.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, and agree.
Thing is, the fans dont pay to see Deng and Mozgov, but pay crazy amounts to see LeBron.
Therefore, they need to find the best possible, reasonable solution to keep players on the court.
As far as the tanking, maybe dont weigh the lotto so much.
Give the bottom 12-15 teams an equal chance to win pick #1.
hey- i agree with you- but if your argument is a guy is being paid to play 82 games and should play for the integrity of the game- you cant sit guys and tank.

and i def. realize people want to see LeBron. They see LeBron more than any player in the game. Over the last 6 years who has played more games than LeBron in the entire league if you count the playoffs? probably not too many guys- if any.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-22_16-27-57.png
    upload_2017-3-22_16-27-57.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 1

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly correct.
i agree- i dont blame kerr for sitting those guys....shit- those guys have played so many games over the last 2 years and figure to play a ton more going forward--- not too mention Olympic and World Championship team games guys like Thompson and Draymond have played....

they have played a 100 game schedule the last 2 years and i dont see that changing very much going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.