• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if the NBA told the players, here are your choices:

1. Reduce the season to 70 games and take the cut in pay that comes with it.

or

2. Stop this resting shit and play every game you are healthy enough to play.

The resting would come to a screeching halt.

why does hitting someone in the wallet always get their attention...?:noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at some video of Jackson yesterday.

Yes, Lawd.....lol

Any of the three would work.

But, I like your order based on the Lakers needs.

I Love Lonzo.

But, I want him to get away from his dad more for him than anything else.

That's not happening if he goes to the Lakers.

Plus, Phill's new Knick mantra is " Loose em all for Lonzo Ball ".

He's gonna be a Knick...lol

Can't wait to see Phils' tweets when LaVar starts his shit with Lonzo on the Knicks.

I wonder what LaVar thinks of the triangle? lol

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop didn't rest his guys nearly as much until they were in their mid 30's. You should really do some research. All he did was limit their MPG

Leonard is 25 ... rested same amount this year as Kyrie.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, idc, Miami can't say they have 6 national titles to FSU's 3 so I'm happy about it.

But anyone with 2 eyes knows that if McGahee doesn't get injured and the refs don't give OSU the friendly rigged whistle, Miami's got 6.

Should be 7.
We also got totally fucked in Notre Dame.

Reactions: TJL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if the NBA told the players, here are your choices:

1. Reduce the season to 70 games and take the cut in pay that comes with it.

or

2. Stop this resting shit and play every game you are healthy enough to play.

The resting would come to a screeching halt.

Then rest would become injury or illness.

What they need to do is get owners , players, sports medicine people all in the same room and come up with the best solution to reduce the need for players to skip games.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

revelation-the-end-of-days.jpg

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors rested their guys on the 5th game in 7 days, on the back end of a back to back. Not only that, here is what their travel schedule was like that week:

Sunday in New York
Monday in Atlanta
Wednesday in Oakland
Friday in Minnesota
Saturday in San Antonio

This was completely the NBA's fault for this horrendous scheduling. This was a "schedule" loss all the way. It was Kerr's way of saying the NBA needs to get it together. None of those games that they played in those 7 days were anywhere close to each other. They had the Warriors play a back to back on the East coast, then making the team travel back home to play a single game, then head back out east for another back to back.

The NBA needs to own up to scheduling issues as well.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest has benefits to players, as the league has been telling teams for years. Considering the money teams invest in those players, their health and well-being is the priority. There might be some black eyes when stars miss big games, but if the choice is between a metaphorical black eye to the league and a very real ACL tear to an All-Star, the black eye is still the clear choice.

Please show me the players that have suffered major injuries due to being overplayed. Why did guys like Karl Malone and Michael Jordan play as often as they did without being injured?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lavar will give a Team like the Lakers pause.

If Jackson, Ball and Fultz are on the board when you pick, Lavar's proximity and penchant to criticize Coaches and Teams could tip the balance.

....as long as all things are equal, talent wise.

Yeah, the last thing the Lakers need is more distractions. Between the FO drama and just being the Lakers, there are already more than enough distractions.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade completely wore down this season, he's old now, this was possibly the worst season of his career, and that includes his rookie year. He needs to either go to a team that could use him in a limited 20-25 minute role, or just call it quits, because playing at 30 mpg isn't working anymore.

Was on fire at the beginning of the season, and then just completely shut down, and was taking easily the most career 3's of his career. He shot only 43% this year, that is absolutely terrible by his standards.

Thankfully for the Heat he made a very stupid decision last summer (thanks for being in his ear LeBron).

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show me the players that have suffered major injuries due to being overplayed. Why did guys like Karl Malone and Michael Jordan play as often as they did without being injured?

I'll believe Popovich.

"There is still no rule because it's a bucket of worms,'' Popovich said. "And it's hard to make a rule. … I think the league has to understand the science of what we do is a whole lot more sophisticated than it used to be. We have definitely added years to people's [careers].

''So it's a trade-off. You want to see this guy in this one game? Or do you want to see him for three more years in his career?''

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see the play that plodding Whiteside made yesterday?
Dribbled in basically from half court before slamming it in.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then rest would become injury or illness.

What they need to do is get owners , players, sports medicine people all in the same room and come up with the best solution to reduce the need for players to skip games.

They can hire independent doctors to check the player out if they see a sudden uptick in players missing games because of this.

They already cut out the back to back to back games years ago. They have lengthened the schedule by cutting down on the number of back to back games and having more time between games. They lengthened the all star break to a week.

I'm not sure what more they are supposed to do. The players know it's an 82 game season and they are paid millions of dollars to play every game they are healthy enough to play.

At some point, they have to understand that they signed on to an 82 game season and it's not supposed to be easy. It's a war of attrition as much as anything. At some point, you just have to sack up, stop whining and play the darn games.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already cut out the back to back to back games years ago. They have lengthened the schedule by cutting down on the number of back to back games and having more time between games. They lengthened the all star break to a week.

I'm not sure what more they are supposed to do. The players know it's an 82 game season and they are paid millions of dollars to play every game they are healthy enough to play.

Yep totally agree. Only a matter of time before the players demand to have at least 2 days off between every game & only play 2 games weekly.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbh, I didn't hear anything about it when the Warriors did it, I actually didn't even know they did it until just now.

So, I agree with @WiggyRuss
Well in his defense, this shit just started coming up recently and aimed towards Lebron and the Cavs.
Guess I'll agree to disagree on this one, because the way I remember it, once Steve Kerr sat all of those guys, the whole rest SportsHoopla deal came up because it was a huge game against the Spurs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can hire independent doctors to check the player out if they see a sudden uptick in players missing games because of this.

At some point, they have to understand that they signed on to an 82 game season and it's not supposed to be easy. It's a war of attrition as much as anything. At some point, you just have to sack up, stop whining and play the darn games.

The person paying them doesn't care if they rest though.
That's a bug part of the problem.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at some video of Jackson yesterday.

Yes, Lawd.....lol

Any of the three would work.

But, I like your order based on the Lakers needs.

I Love Lonzo.

But, I want him to get away from his dad more for him than anything else.

That's not happening if he goes to the Lakers.

Plus, Phill's new Knick mantra is " Loose em all for Lonzo Ball ".

He's gonna be a Knick...lol
It is going to be madness when all the Ball boys get to the nba...

Status
Not open for further replies.