• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was desperate for a win.

So, I don't really care why....lol
and thats the other thing

why are all this fans so pumped to see LeBrn whoop their teams ass? lol

If i was a fan of a team fighting for a playoff spot or position- id welcome not having to see LeBron James- and turning one of the toughest games on my schedule into one of my easiest.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point he is hurting his kids draft stock.

Not really. Kids going top 3 which is where he's been projected all along. What he is doing, however, is painting a great big target on his kid. Pretty much can guarantee that even the kids own teammates will be looking to see if he can back up his old mans boasts and bring a little extra.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and thats the other thing

why are all this fans so pumped to see LeBrn whoop their teams ass? lol

If i was a fan of a team fighting for a playoff spot or position- id welcome not having to see LeBron James- and turning one of the toughest games on my schedule into one of my easiest.

nah, we wanna see LeClown fail. lol DO get it right...

#:heh:3-4finals

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no reason to sit Kevin Love when he came back early from knee surgery and was on a minutes restriction the previous game and the training staff didnt want to risk it?

no reason to sit Kyrie Irving coming off a game where he exited in the 4th qtr with a knee issue- the same knee that kept him from playing in the NBA Finals 2 years ago and the training staff didnt think the risk was worth the reward?

cmon now, lol.
Devils advocate.....

I think it sucks that they sit out road games.

I guarantee you half the folks at the Clippers game were there to see the Cavs and half of what's left thought they were Lakers tickets....lol

With that being said, I understand why some of the Teams are speaking out against the Cavs, Spurs and Warriors sitting players.

It's in their best interest if those Teams are tired, haggard or injured because they are chasing them in the Standings and have a better chance of knocking them off in the playoffs gimp.

Shit, I want Steph, Dray, Klay to play 40 mins all 82 games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah--- when he took a short term out look i ncollege too- having his meniscus removed- while it had a shorter recovery time- hurt him in the long term- its the exact thing i am talking about. Taking a long term approach to player health.

As Ben Franking most famously said- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. ID rather have a guy sit out 4-5 games a season when they are most fatigued in order to stave off the worst chance of injury---- then play a guy every single night until they break down have have to sit out for weeks - or even months.

When Wade's career is done, he'll have made around $200 mil in his NBA salary alone. I don't think Wade was really hurt in the long term. His career turned out just fine. Same with Chris Paul.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime it's brought up, that's all he says, LeBron is a complete and utter faggot on the court, but when people start bashing him for his family life or him as person, it's ridiculous, guy does a ton for the Cleveland community and anyone behind the scenes always talks about what a great role model, and person he is.

Agree. I've always bashed Lebron for the shit he does and says (never his talent or abilities as a player) or ever questioned what he does with his family. He does and says some stupid, passive aggressive shit, but seems to do a lot for the community and tries to keep his family out of the spotlight.

I mean, shit, I didn't even know he had kids until about 3 years ago. lol

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player, but man he can make everything about himself sometimes...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Wade's career is done, he'll have made around $200 mil in his NBA salary alone. I don't think Wade was really hurt in the long term. His career turned out just fine. Same with Chris Paul.
im just saying- esp. in the modern NBA- where guys are making boatloads of guaranteed cash- protecting your investment seems like a good idea to me.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

have to say that's a pretty sizeable chunk o' change...

#nothurtingatall

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're going to advocate for this sitting shit, then shorten the season, the regular season already means Jack and Shit as is anyway, and now it's worth even less.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player, but man he can make everything about himself sometimes...
its true to a certain extent though- not 1/10 as big a stink about the Warriors last week as compared to LeBron --- no letter from the commissioner etc.---

and seriously- go to 6 straight Finals-- play an extra 20 games every year- and then have these guys tell me LeBron doestn deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my kids/grandkids look better...

jus sayin'...:D
Sometimes.....

That biracial mix goes....wrong...lol

For every....Will Demps...

th

You get 10 Bruno Mars...lol

th

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its true to a certain extent though- not 1/10 as big a stink about the Warriors last week as compared to LeBron --- no letter from the commissioner etc.---

and seriously- go to 6 straight Finals-- play an extra 20 games every year- and then have these guys tell me LeBron doestn deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Yeah, I see your point.

I just wish he wouldn't have said " It's nothing they can do about it. "

Kinda seemed like he was showing Silver up.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really think it's true at all. People were ticked when the Warriors sat all of those players. Cleveland got it bad because they did the same thing in what was back to back Saturday prime time games

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Kids going top 3 which is where he's been projected all along. What he is doing, however, is painting a great big target on his kid. Pretty much can guarantee that even the kids own teammates will be looking to see if he can back up his old mans boasts and bring a little extra.
I think Lavar will give a Team like the Lakers pause.

If Jackson, Ball and Fultz are on the board when you pick, Lavar's proximity and penchant to criticize Coaches and Teams could tip the balance.

....as long as all things are equal, talent wise.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just saying- esp. in the modern NBA- where guys are making boatloads of guaranteed cash- protecting your investment seems like a good idea to me.

How does this apply to Wade? Wade did just fine. And Miami, in the Big 3 years took a Spurs-like approach with Wade (maintenance program is what it was called). He literally missed a third of the season that happened to be Lebron's in the last year. Which you your very self pointed out numerous times as to why Lebron came back - because Wade rested too much and couldn't be relied on to play any games.

Can't have it both ways.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think it's true at all. People were ticked when the Warriors sat all of those players. Cleveland got it bad because they did the same thing in what was back to back Saturday prime time games
Yeah, timing played a big part.

Status
Not open for further replies.