• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think it's true at all. People were ticked when the Warriors sat all of those players. Cleveland got it bad because they did the same thing in what was back to back Saturday prime time games

Tbh, I didn't hear anything about it when the Warriors did it, I actually didn't even know they did it until just now.

So, I agree with @WiggyRuss

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not to the Lakers.

They can't, and wont, have this shit.

Mutherfucker lives around the corner from Chino Hills High, 45mins from Staple Center, which is less than 15 miles from UCLA.

He'd be trolling Basketball programs 24hrs a day.

On the radio yesterday, they were saying that if the Lakers get the #1 pick, there will be tremendous pressure on them to pick Lonzo because of him being a local product, etc.

I don't think they can go wrong with any of the 3, but I think I'm leaning Jackson because he seems to be the best defender of the 3, which the Lakers desperately need.

In order of who is the best overall, I see it as:

1. Fultz
2. Jackson
3. Ball

In order of who I think the Lakers should take, I see it as:

1. Jackson
2. Fultz
3. Ball

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade completely wore down this season, he's old now, this was possibly the worst season of his career, and that includes his rookie year. He needs to either go to a team that could use him in a limited 20-25 minute role, or just call it quits, because playing at 30 mpg isn't working anymore.

Was on fire at the beginning of the season, and then just completely shut down, and was taking easily the most career 3's of his career. He shot only 43% this year, that is absolutely terrible by his standards.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbh, I didn't hear anything about it when the Warriors did it, I actually didn't even know they did it until just now.

So, I agree with @WiggyRuss

I was looking forward to that game for a few weeks.

I didn't turn to ABC for a single second after it was announced that everyone was sitting.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i dunno. here's my final thought on the Lavar thing then i'll shut up about it...

first thing is i understand you don't talk about a man's kids/family and NOT expect reprisal...

that said...

imo Lavar definitely has a mega mouth and there's no denying it, but it seems he's calculating, too. consider this, outside of LeBron which other NBA stars/ex-stars have even given this clown air time? think maybe they recognize the guy is simply trying to pull attention...?

and let's all face it, when is the last time LeClown has zipped his lip on ANY topic...?

#easytarget

To be fair, Barkley challenged him to a 1 on 1 game and of the great players kids that he talked about, all of them are adults except Lebron's.

To me, the difference is in the age of Lebron's kids vs. the others.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade completely wore down this season, he's old now, this was possibly the worst season of his career, and that includes his rookie year. He needs to either go to a team that could use him in a limited 20-25 minute role, or just call it quits, because playing at 30 mpg isn't working anymore.

Was on fire at the beginning of the season, and then just completely shut down, and was taking easily the most career 3's of his career. He shot only 43% this year, that is absolutely terrible by his standards.

honestly wouldn't suprise me if he hung 'em up after this season unless the money's too good to pass up...

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking forward to that game for a few weeks.

I didn't turn to ABC for a single second after it was announced that everyone was sitting.

I don't like watching the Warriors play basketball, I also don't really like watching the Rockets that much.

I like watching actual basketball, not seeing who can hit the highest 3 point % that day.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio yesterday, they were saying that if the Lakers get the #1 pick, there will be tremendous pressure on them to pick Lonzo because of him being a local product, etc.

I don't think they can go wrong with any of the 3, but I think I'm leaning Jackson because he seems to be the best defender of the 3, which the Lakers desperately need.

In order of who is the best overall, I see it as:

1. Fultz
2. Jackson
3. Ball

In order of who I think the Lakers should take, I see it as:

1. Jackson
2. Fultz
3. Ball

I looked at some video of Jackson yesterday.

Yes, Lawd.....lol

Any of the three would work.

But, I like your order based on the Lakers needs.

I Love Lonzo.

But, I want him to get away from his dad more for him than anything else.

That's not happening if he goes to the Lakers.

Plus, Phill's new Knick mantra is " Loose em all for Lonzo Ball ".

He's gonna be a Knick...lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no reason to sit Kevin Love when he came back early from knee surgery and was on a minutes restriction the previous game and the training staff didnt want to risk it?

If he hadn't played the very next night vs. the Lakers, you might have a point. But he did, so you don't.

no reason to sit Kyrie Irving coming off a game where he exited in the 4th qtr with a knee issue- the same knee that kept him from playing in the NBA Finals 2 years ago and the training staff didnt think the risk was worth the reward?

If he hadn't played the very next night vs. the Lakers, you might have a point, but he did, so you don't.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player, but man he can make everything about himself sometimes...

Well in his defense, this shit just started coming up recently and aimed towards Lebron and the Cavs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're going to advocate for this sitting shit, then shorten the season, the regular season already means Jack and Shit as is anyway, and now it's worth even less.

He sat 6 games. Lets all take a deep breath. 6 games LMAO

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like watching the Warriors play basketball, I also don't really like watching the Rockets that much.

I like watching actual basketball, not seeing who can hit the highest 3 point % that day.
It's All Star Game basketball.

But, I enjoy it as long as they aren't playing the Clippers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are all this fans so pumped to see LeBrn whoop their teams ass? lol

For me? It's because I want to see how these kids do against the best when they're at their best.

The kids showed a lot in how they played vs. the Cavs. They went toe to toe with the champs and the best player in the game and even outplayed them for most of the game. They were also provided a lesson in how to handle the last 5 minutes of a close game.

That loss meant a hell of a lot more to their development than winning vs. a Cavs team that was playing without their big 3 ever would have.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Wade's career is done, he'll have made around $200 mil in his NBA salary alone. I don't think Wade was really hurt in the long term. His career turned out just fine. Same with Chris Paul.

Kareem, MJ and Kobe all seem be doing just fine, as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player, but man he can make everything about himself sometimes...

In a sense, he's right. However, it's because, as you point out, he does and says shit that makes it about him.

Reactions: TJL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're going to advocate for this sitting shit, then shorten the season, the regular season already means Jack and Shit as is anyway, and now it's worth even less.

I think that if the NBA told the players, here are your choices:

1. Reduce the season to 70 games and take the cut in pay that comes with it.

or

2. Stop this resting shit and play every game you are healthy enough to play.

The resting would come to a screeching halt.

Status
Not open for further replies.