• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, Tim Duncan (who rested a lot) and Kobe retired the same year and have the same amount of rings. You use that narrative way too often. Besides, Kobe playing all the time isn't why he went out losing in his last couple of years. Kobe being around stunted the Lakers youth movement or delayed it. Along with his albatross sized contract that offered the Lakers little room to effective bring in key free agents. Meanwhile Duncan was on a team known for its stability and effectiveness.
Kobe Achilles injury that effectively ended him being a star was a direct result of being overplayed.

MPG right before Kobe got injured

and the last game- before he injured his achilees- 45 minutes vs. the Warriors.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe Achilles injury that effectively ended him being a star was a direct result of being overplayed.

MPG right before Kobe got injured

and the last game- before he injured his achilees- 45 minutes vs. the Warriors.

His body eventually broke down given the vast amount of minutes that he played. He did play 20 years in the league. His injuries started mounting up in 2013 when he was already 34/35. That's right around the time when an athlete's body starts to get away from them.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who did lue rest for "no reason" last night besides lebron?

certainly you dont mean Love and Irving. Love- coming off knee surgery a MONTH ago- who was not even supposed to be back yet- and Irving leaving the Jazz game and with knee issues on Thursday. Cmon now- at least try and have some kind of objectivity.

Problem with that theory is that they said yesterday that all 3 would be good to go today.
Why not say James is resting and the other 2 are day to day?

As far as Love, did anyone force him to play the other night if he wasn't totally healed?
He's fine.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron's playing by 40, he's not going to be making a max contract. It won't have any impact on him.

That was the 6th game he sat this year. Last year he sat 7. Thats less than 1/10th of the schedule.

Wouldnt you rather see him rest and be healthy- then have an end of his career thats a complete shit show- where he is never healthy and has injury after injury and goes out a loser like Kobe?

or would you prefer Tim Duncan? smartly and efficiently resting him so he extends his useful career until his late 30's?

Think he will still be able to do this at 40?

We forget how freaky Vince used to be.

He can't do this shit 82 games. But, I think it's amazing he can still do it, effortlessly, at all.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if i won the powerball it would be awesome too

me wining the powerball is more likely. lol.

Why have you not set the terms for your proposed bet that I accepted?
I'm more and more confident that its going 6+ if it happens.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending LeBron but why do so many people even care if he sits out games & is laughing on the bench? How is that any different than any other super star that sits out games & does the same stuff? Just wondering.

I don't care if he sits.

As far as the laughing on the bench, that's easy.
He's the only one calling out his teammates when they lose.
What would his reaction be if they were clowning and laughing while he was playing and getting is brains beat out?

As far as those teammates. how can they be so God awful?

If James plays yesterday, they might lose, but it would have been competitive.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with that theory is that they said yesterday that all 3 would be good to go today.
Why not say James is resting and the other 2 are day to day?

As far as Love, did anyone force him to play the other night if he wasn't totally healed?
He's fine.

Exactly that is my biggest issue. If Kyrie was so hurt then he wouldn't be available tonight....or even if he was available tonight, Lue would not know if he would be available until the day of the game. The Cavs said since yesterday at 5 PM PST that Irving is good to go today vs the Lakers. They can say what they want but they were resting him. This had nothing to do with an injury.

Also if Lue stay true to his word about Love then Love should only play 1 of the 3 games later this week against Denver, Charlotte, and Washington.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because how often do other superstars sit as much as ol' Bron Bron does? We're also force fed this narrative that Lebron's the perfect guy and teammate which is getting really nauseating, as opposed to other star players like Harden, Westbrook, etc... If I saw Westbrook take a night off and joke around while his team was getting blown out, it's whatever - because I already think he's a dick.

My bad for even brining this up in the 1st place but I'll answer you. How often do other superstars sit as much as LeBron? Good question, I've never paid attention. A fair question to ask is how many superstars have logged the years & minutes he's played so far? That really should be taken into consideration since we all know LeBron won't be sitting when the playoffs get here.

Now onto the Cavs. They can't catch G.S. for the best record in the league. I think they have about a 2.5 game lead over the Celtics. Any rest The Balding One can get during the regular season is actually good for him. My guess is all they care about now is having home court throughout the EC when the playoffs get here though.

On a different note for a second. Have you been watching any of The Tourney? Wisky over Nova was a shocker last night.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if he sits.

As far as the laughing on the bench, that's easy.
He's the only one calling out his teammates when they lose.
What would his reaction be if they were clowning and laughing while he was playing and getting is brains beat out?

As far as those teammates. how can they be so God awful?

If James plays yesterday, they might lose, but it would have been competitive.

Now there's no doubt him calling out his teammates looks really bad. But then again how many other times during his career has he firmly planted his foot in his own mouth? Not that he'll ever do this but he should think a little more before opening his big mouth.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad for even brining this up in the 1st place but I'll answer you. How often do other superstars sit as much as LeBron? Good question, I've never paid attention. A fair question to ask is how many superstars have logged the years & minutes he's played so far? That really should be taken into consideration since we all know LeBron won't be sitting when the playoffs get here.

Now onto the Cavs. They can't catch G.S. for the best record in the league. I think they have about a 2.5 game lead over the Celtics. Any rest The Balding One can get during the regular season is actually good for him. My guess is all they care about now is having home court throughout the EC when the playoffs get here though.

On a different note for a second. Have you been watching any of The Tourney? Wisky over Nova was a shocker last night.

Turnup provided the perfect response on all of this. If you're going to call your teammates out, you better be the perfect definition of a good teammate. Taking off on a prime time game and sitting on the bench laughing and drinking coffee while your teammates are getting blown out makes him look like a douche.

Yes, Wiscy blew up my bracket. I had Nova in the Final 4. But at least FSU lost last night (sorry @TJL), now I need UF to lose.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnup provided the perfect response on all of this. If you're going to call your teammates out, you better be the perfect definition of a good teammate. Taking off on a prime time game and sitting on the bench laughing and drinking coffee while your teammates are getting blown out makes him look like a douche.

Yes, Wiscy blew up my bracket. I had Nova in the Final 4. But at least FSU lost last night (sorry @TJL), now I need UF to lose.

The Noles got their asses kicked last night.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Noles got their asses kicked last night.

Yeah, and somehow Leonard Hamilton got a contract extension. It's his mo to squander talent. That Noles squad was likely the most talented team I've ever seen FSU have. They should've made the Elite 8 easily. Losing in the 2nd round the way they did was beyond me.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't have much of an issue with Lebron resting. It is the resting of Kyrie and Love that annoys me. But Lue should follow what Pop did with Duncan. Instead of resting him all these games, lower his MPG.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and somehow Leonard Hamilton got a contract extension. It's his mo to squander talent. That Noles squad was likely the most talented team I've ever seen FSU have. They should've made the Elite 8 easily. Losing in the 2nd round the way they did was beyond me.

I guess @ least Hamilton got them into The Tourney. Thad Matta couldn't get Ohio State back to March Madness.:pout:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't have much of an issue with Lebron resting. It is the resting of Kyrie and Love that annoys me. But Lue should follow what Pop did with Duncan. Instead of resting him all these games, lower his MPG.

I agree w/ that. But until the Cavs real HC (LeBron) decides to play less minutes that ain't gonna happen.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ that. But until the Cavs real HC (LeBron) decides to play less minutes that ain't gonna happen.

No doubt about it. Remember how Wiggy was bragging about LBJ MPG last year? Well this year it's back above 37 MPG like he was doing for his entire career before returning to Cleveland a few seasons ago

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really think the few less mpg matters that much.
If you are playing, you still have to go through all the same pre and post game regiments, stretching, icing, etc.
That amounts to hours of work vs just a day off of total rest.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it. Remember how Wiggy was bragging about LBJ MPG last year? Well this year it's back above 37 MPG like he was doing for his entire career before returning to Cleveland a few seasons ago

When it come to wiggy defending The Balding Ones honor he's :blah::blah::blah: most of the time. But then again any chance to pimp-up Hiz Boy & wiggy can't/won't pass up the opportunity to do so.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing about Tim Duncan is that he never avg more than 34 MPG since the 2006-2007 NBA season

Status
Not open for further replies.