• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. There's no clear and cut perfect system in place unfortunately. Lebron can take solace in the fact that his endorsement money exceeds his NBA salary and that he'll likely be part of the 3-comma club in the future. At the same time, Lebron making about $70 mil per year off his salary alone would be gross when he sits out marquee games like the one last night. I saw tweet somewhere about the amount of games that Karl Malone missed over his career. This resting has gotten so far out of hand.

Definitely agree that the resting is out of hand. What made last night even more shameful, imo, is him sitting on the bench laughing while his teammates are getting run out of the gym. It's disrespectful to his teammates, the fans, the league and all of the guys who built the league to the point that Lebron can make what he makes playing, or in last nights case, not playing, the game.

And Cavs fans and Lebroniacs wonder why he's hated.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree that the resting is out of hand. What made last night even more shameful, imo, is him sitting on the bench laughing while his teammates are getting run out of the gym. It's disrespectful to his teammates, the fans, the league and all of the guys who built the league to the point that Lebron can make what he makes playing, or in last nights case, not playing, the game.

My Miami homerism coming in here. But I don't remember times where he sat on the bench and pulled shit like that last night when on the Heat.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is LeBron hated due to his fading hairline?:noidea: For me my dislike of him started when he was still in HS. This wasn't his fault but the local media back home talked about him daily for 4 nonstop years. That shit got old real quick.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not defending LeBron but why do so many people even care if he sits out games & is laughing on the bench? How is that any different than any other super star that sits out games & does the same stuff? Just wondering.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is this new TV contract signed for?
I imagine the recourse is not agreeing to pay near as much in the future, which will lower the player contracts.
James prod doesn't care because it won't affect him.
NBA extends television deals with ESPN, TNT

THROUGH the '24-'25 season

LeBron will prob be gone by then.

Although- Tim Duncan played really solid basketball up until almost age 40.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending LeBron but why do so many people even care if he sits out games & is laughing on the bench? How is that any different than any other super star that sits out games & does the same stuff? Just wondering.

Because how often do other superstars sit as much as ol' Bron Bron does? We're also force fed this narrative that Lebron's the perfect guy and teammate which is getting really nauseating, as opposed to other star players like Harden, Westbrook, etc... If I saw Westbrook take a night off and joke around while his team was getting blown out, it's whatever - because I already think he's a dick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of htem are

currently- i dont even get CBS--- had to download the app- becuase of a dispute beteween CBS and ATT

all the content carriers like CBS- signed these INSANE huge long term deals at the top of the TV market- and then- the phenomonan of "cord cutting" began to be more and more prevalent and will only continue to do so.

so right now- i cant watch the tourney on CBS since my carrier is ATT. CBS signed some long term contract with college basketball where they paid an arm and a leg------- ATT has seen their subscriber space dwindle becuase of "cord cutting"- and they have no where near enough money on either side to find a middle ground where CBS can recoup its money in the contract it paid to carry the NCAA's, and ATT cant pay CBS anywhere near their break even point because of people cancelling subscriptions and going without a carrier.

Something is going ot have to give at some point. ESPN is another one- they are screwed too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because how often do other superstars sit as much as ol' Bron Bron does? We're also force fed this narrative that Lebron's the perfect guy and teammate which is getting really nauseating, as opposed to other star players like Harden, Westbrook, etc... If I saw Westbrook take a night off and joke around while his team was getting blown out, it's whatever - because I already think he's a dick.
That was the 6th game he sat this year. Last year he sat 7. Thats less than 1/10th of the schedule.

Wouldnt you rather see him rest and be healthy- then have an end of his career thats a complete shit show- where he is never healthy and has injury after injury and goes out a loser like Kobe?

or would you prefer Tim Duncan? smartly and efficiently resting him so he extends his useful career until his late 30's?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a remote chance that the Heat take the Cavs down. The Cavs would be rightfully heavily favored in that matchup. But do note that if the Heat were somehow to take down the Cavs, the roasting on this forum would be legendary. You'd never have to hear Wiggy talk shit again.
and if i won the powerball it would be awesome too

me wining the powerball is more likely. lol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the 6th game he sat this year. Last year he sat 7. Thats less than 1/10th of the schedule.

Wouldnt you rather see him rest and be healthy- then have a end of his career thats a complete shit show- where he is never healthy and goes out a loser like Kobe?

It's funny, Tim Duncan (who rested a lot) and Kobe retired the same year and have the same amount of rings. You use that narrative way too often. Besides, Kobe playing all the time isn't why he went out losing in his last couple of years. Kobe being around stunted the Lakers youth movement or delayed it. Along with his albatross sized contract that offered the Lakers little room to effective bring in key free agents. Meanwhile Duncan was on a team known for its stability and effectiveness.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if i won the powerball it would be awesome too

me wining the powerball is more likely. lol.

Given your effectiveness with math - particularly with statistics and probabilities. I can see why you chose to be a lawyer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldnt you rather see him rest and be healthy- then have an end of his career thats a complete shit show- where he is never healthy and has injury after injury and goes out a loser like Kobe?

or would you prefer Tim Duncan? smartly and efficiently resting him so he extends his useful career until his late 30's?

Tim Duncan wasn't resting this frequently at the age of 32.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Griff's first question was---- did you call the Warriors last week in the Saturday night game vs. the Spurs?

and then i hope he proceeded to tell the league to go fuck themselves.

Difference with the Warriors and Cavs is last week was the first time all year the Warriors did that. Lue is just abusing it at this point. He resting guys in their 20's for no reason. This isn't Pop resting an old Duncan/Manu.

Like I said before, Silver just needs to cut out that ASB. These players don't appreciate anything

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Duncan wasn't resting this frequently at the age of 32.
Tim Duncan also played 4 years in college- so if he started resting more in his age 36 season - thats equivalent to LeBron at 32 considering the wear and tear of an NBA season...not too mention the playoff load LeBron has also endured. (not that duncan didnt have the a playoff load that was heavy--- just not as much as lebron)

games played would be a much more accurate way of comparing then simply age.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference with the Warriors and Cavs is last week was the first time all year the Warriors did that. Lue is just abusing it at this point. He resting guys in their 20's for no reason. This isn't Pop resting an old Duncan/Manu.

Like I said before, Silver just needs to cut out that ASB. These players don't appreciate anything
who did lue rest for "no reason" last night besides lebron?

certainly you dont mean Love and Irving. Love- coming off knee surgery a MONTH ago- who was not even supposed to be back yet- and Irving leaving the Jazz game and with knee issues on Thursday. Cmon now- at least try and have some kind of objectivity.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As turnup said, if you want to rest your guys then please don't even have them on the bench. Tell them to go back to the hotel or go back home.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Duncan also played 4 years in college- so if he started resting more in his age 36 season - thats equivalent to LeBron at 32 considering the wear and tear of an NBA season...not too mention the playoff load LeBron has also endured.

games played would be a much more accurate way of comparing then simply age.

Duncan didn't start resting at age 36 either....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who did lue rest for "no reason" last night besides lebron?

certainly you dont mean Love and Irving. Love- coming off knee surgery a MONTH ago- who was not even supposed to be back yet- and Irving leaving the Jazz game and with knee issues on Thursday. Cmon now- at least try and have some kind of objectivity.

You can buy that Irving nonsense. I'm not

As for Love, I stated last night that it is the only one I'm ok with.

Status
Not open for further replies.